New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

The Buckethead highlights

Started by In Search Of The, March 18, 2011, 08:45:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

In Search Of The

March 18, 2011, 08:45:42 pm Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 08:46:03 pm by In_Search_Of_The
So let\'s say a friend of yours approaches you, has heard of a man who plays guitar with a bucket on his head, and that\'s all they know. They want you to list off his best songs so they can listen and be blown away. What do you recommend to them, from his entire catalogue? There are minor rules though:

1. Your playlist cannot be more than 1 hour long.
2. Your playlist cannot be more than 15 songs.

I\'d be interested to see what you\'d recommend to someone else, rather than pick the songs that make you tick.

Shocker12

Hey All,
In no particular order,
Redeem Team
Padmasana
Shadow\'s Between the Sky
The Siphoning Sequence
Symmetrical Slug
Sail on Soothsayer
Mecha Gigan
Funbus
Unrestrained Growth
Angel Monster
Hills of Eternity
I Come in Peace
and the first track of the Holiday CD.
Not sure if thats over an hour but thats what I would recommend.
Take Care all

Brian0192

Just give them the new holiday CD

BelieveIntheBucket

i hate trying to do these cuz i always want to show all his different styles, but then the mix sounds random and the songs dont go together..

just recommending a cd is better imo, depending on what type of music they like to listen to

stumpdangler

These lists are fun, but I always feel like I\'m leaving amazing stuff out. Usually I just recommend from my current listening, and that is usually from Bucketheadland 1, Giant Robot (Sony), Praxis Transmutation, Colma, Electric Tears, CCoH, Kaliedoscalp, Thanatopis Anatomize and a few others. I\'ve been a fan since the early \'90s and depending on what  they dig from Giant Robot(Sony), Praxis Transmutation and Bucketheadland 1, I get a good idea where to go from there. I hope this helps.

silversurfer

March 20, 2011, 03:28:51 am #5 Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:30:09 am by silversurfer
1. Emotional intelligence
2. Burlap curtain
3. Dream catcher
4. Scraps
5. The escape wheel
6. Whatevas
7. Dead man walking
8. Traitors gate
9. Vitrecus humor
10. Binge and grab
11. To many humans
12. Forgotten trail extended
13. ISOT VOL 1 trk 6
14. Chicken boy
15. Siege engine
16. Inferno

That\'s a hard one but these would cover it
Sorry I know I put 16 songs but that\'s what I was feelin at the time

shredding is life my youtube sight

http://www.youtube.com/user/smyer4040

stumpdangler

Here\'s my stab at it, 15 songs, 60 minutes. (I dig the way these roll together, too.)

Park Theme (Intro)--Bucketheadland 1
Cattle Prod--Bucketheadland 1
Jowls--(Giant Robot NTT)
Animal Behavior--Praxis Transmutation
Whitewash--Colma
Maggot Dream--Death Cube K Dreamatorium
Kansas Storm--Electric Tears
We Can Rebuild Him--Crime Slunk Seene
Spokes for the Wheel of Torment--Cuckoo Clocks of Hell
Binge and Grab (Instrumental)--Giant Robot (Sony)
Hog Bitch Stomp--Giant Robot (NTT)
Nottingham Lace--Enter the Chicken
Warcraft (Bruce Lee\'s Black Hour of Chaos)--Praxis Metatron
Vitreous Humor--Thanatopsis Anatomize
I Love My Parents--(Giant Robot NTT)

Duckhead

QuoteHere\'s my stab at it, 15 songs, 60 minutes. (I dig the way these roll together, too.)

Park Theme (Intro)--Bucketheadland 1
Cattle Prod--Bucketheadland 1
Jowls--(Giant Robot NTT)
Animal Behavior--Praxis Transmutation
Whitewash--Colma
Maggot Dream--Death Cube K Dreamatorium
Kansas Storm--Electric Tears
We Can Rebuild Him--Crime Slunk Seene
Spokes for the Wheel of Torment--Cuckoo Clocks of Hell
Binge and Grab (Instrumental)--Giant Robot (Sony)
Hog Bitch Stomp--Giant Robot (NTT)
Nottingham Lace--Enter the Chicken
Warcraft (Bruce Lee\'s Black Hour of Chaos)--Praxis Metatron
Vitreous Humor--Thanatopsis Anatomize
I Love My Parents--(Giant Robot NTT)

I\'ll bite stumpy - just made your post into a playlist on my ipod. I think I\'ll add silversurfers list too (minus the duplicates). I have a 2 hour drive to make on tues and this will be great to listen to.

ps - I substituted moonflake from cobra strike for I love my parents and added symmetrical slug and unrestrained growth to cover the duplicates and eliminated the ISOT track since I don\'t have it on my ipod. 30 tracks, 2 hours - looks good!

stumpdangler

I\'ll bite stumpy - just made your post into a playlist on my ipod. I think I\'ll add silversurfers list too (minus the duplicates). I have a 2 hour drive to make on tues and this will be great to listen to.

ps - I substituted moonflake from cobra strike for I love my parents and added symmetrical slug and unrestrained growth to cover the duplicates and eliminated the ISOT track since I don\'t have it on my ipod. 30 tracks, 2 hours - looks good!

Fun, Duckhead! I would encourage you to stick with the NTT I Love My Parents, though. The TCM samples give it some continuity vocal-wise, which helps a newbie, or someone not prone to listen to instrumental music something to cue off of at the end.  It\'s a pretty diversified list! I\'ll have to check out silversurfer\'s now that you mention it. I didn\'t realize there were duplicates until you mentioned it. Enjoy your trip.
 :D

Duckhead

March 21, 2011, 02:23:15 am #9 Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 07:04:16 pm by Duckhead
alright, I\'ll switch it back.

trying not to use songs already posted, my list would be something like:

soothsayer
phantom lights
the fairy and the devil
ghost host
mantaray
wishing well
lebron\'s hammer
siege engine
night of the slunk
nun chuka kata
carpal tunnel slug
holiday album track 5
moonflake
aunt suzie (space cadillac)
plastination station

...but if you ask me again tomorrow I\'d most likely have a different list, I already have a handful of alternates I could switch with some of the songs I\'ve just listed  :P

stumpdangler

Quotealright, I\'ll switch it back. I get mixed emotionally with that song. It\'s a great song but long story short, I have a very strained existence with my parents. The song makes me very happy for Buckethead, how awesome for him. But I also get depressed, envious and angry (oh woes me, I know. everyone pull out their tiny violins).

trying not to use songs already posted, my list would be something like:

soothsayer
phantom lights
the fairy and the devil
ghost host
mantaray
wishing well
lebron\'s hammer
siege engine
night of the slunk
nun chuka kata
carpal tunnel slug
holiday album track 5
moonflake
aunt suzie (space cadillac)
plastination station

...but if you ask me again tomorrow I\'d most likely have a different list, I already have a handful of alternates I could switch with some of the songs I\'ve just listed  :P

All things considered, do it as you wish! I\'ll check your list out here in a bit. It would be interesting to see how many songs make multiple lists, at least to me.

Peace!

silkstringz

twice with the sledge
nottingham lace
premonition
siege engine
computer master
call me up
dream girl
sail on soothsayer
aunt suzie
ghost host
hog bitch stomp
yellowed hide
earth heals herself
angel monster
and anything from the holidays album or the new rising sun song...or??? I cant do this! big sur moon???

MOTHRA

March 22, 2011, 07:57:02 pm #12 Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:42:59 am by MOTHRA
I\'ve been thinking about this a lot lately. i have been gushing to all my friends about how much i love buckethead now and i\'m trying to figure out in my head a good mix to represent his awesomeness. The problem is that it keeps changing every day, I have been listening to songs in a certain order to see what would have a good flow, so far this is what i came up with;

Pure Imagination
Final Reparation
Scraps
Mantaray
Final Wars
Abstraction of Beasts
Star Chasing
Returning
Whatevas
Bent Light
Dusk
Vitreous Humor
Seven Laws of Woo
Plastination Station
Last Train to Buckethead Land

I\'m not sure the order is perfect but these are all highlights to my ears

I have also considered to just make a seperate Thanatopsis mix because I love their stuff so much

beau810

This was super hard to figure out. at first I had over 3 hours but I finally cut it down to fit on a CD (yes its 19 tracks but it all fits on a CD)

I have jammed it a couple times now and I really like how it flows!  

Stretching Lighthouse
Goblin Shark
Lotus Island
Ice-man
Sled Ride
Scapula
The Return of Captin EO
Killing Cone
Pepper\'s Ghost
Combat Shadow
Final Wars
Track 3 (Happy Holidays)
My Sheeetz
Myopia
Materilalizing the Disembodied
Imprint
Premonition
Nottingham Lace
Symmetrical Slug

Support underground music!!!

fuzzface

Any list that doesn\'t have 20th Century Boy on it is an epic fail...

:P