New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead $180.00 contest announcement

Started by Bucketdog, December 30, 2010, 07:58:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucketdog

December 30, 2010, 07:58:50 pm Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 06:15:55 am by Bucketdog
Ok so badger, wizard and I want to do a horror themed song contest in the spirit of buckethead. Track 6 off the new LE is a good referance or the cuckoo clocks of hell feeling is what we are shooting for. Also, badger noted that having a visual of the players playing is more desirable and fun. So we will go that route but I will allow as of now any form of video submission as long as it\'s posted to YouTube... So far we have $180.00 in the prize pool from badger, wizard and I. The prize fund will and only go twards purchases from TDRS.

Rules: Horror/creepy buckethead style song atleast 4 mins long and can exceed that time limit however much u want.

Limited to 17 contestants. That includes wizard beard and me so we need 15 more. If you don\'t like that fact that wizard and I are contending...then don\'t sign up!

EDIT: if at least 12 people don\'t sign up ( besides wizard and I ) by the end of the first week of January I have to cancel the contest due to lack of interest. 14 contestants is the minimum amount of people needed for the contest to take place. SIGN UP IF YA WANT IN, THE MORE THE BETTER!

Video must be posted on YouTube.

Anyone can join except for one person...due to two consecutive no shows in the past contests.

Contest kick off will be mid February around the 15th.

No limits on the instruments used. You can bring any instrument combination to the table!

Just post \'I\'m in\' and I\'ll sign you up!

And yes, everyone will be able to vote.

I will be paying out 2 spots. 1st gets $120.00 and second will get $60.00 in TDRS store purchases. The payout is still up for suggestions. PM me if ya have any suggestions in that regard.
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

Best Regards

Best Regards #102
Spinal Clock #64
Limited Edition Canvas #174 and #182
Limited Edition Holiday Greeting Card CD
Pieces - I Need 5 Minutes Alone
Bucketheadland
Phonopsychograph Cassette

bornalive

Viking...

December 30, 2010, 09:28:14 pm #3 Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 10:05:06 pm by Viking
I\'m in.

I\'m not quit sure if I\'ll make it  ;)

gb714us

Wizard_beard

Bad little seedling! ...question though. I would like to do a horror themed music video and to be honest I\'m not that scary looking ...so can we(I) use a picture in picture like video. One of me playing guitar and the other of my ultra short horror film ? thats what i wanted in a contest..i mean i guess i dont really need to see some random dude playing guitar...but give me a creepy/scary video with origianl music and i think everyone would have a blast watching these:)...think of it as Halloween in Dec.

Either way im in for $60 like Bucketdog&badger are.

DisembodiedLoaf

December 31, 2010, 01:38:06 am #7 Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 01:44:54 am by DisembodiedLoaf
I\'m in!

I\'m looking forward to making a cool combination of Guitar, Mandolin, Banjo, and Ukulele. ;D

Bucketdog

@ wizard Beard - well, you could still make a video of you doing the song with clips of your horror movie phasing in and out of the video. I suppose you can stretch the rules a bit considering you are a official sponsor of this contest. Call me if ya want and we can figure it out. I\'ll be preforming tonight from 10pm-11pm so anytime before or after is good.
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

gb714us

In that case.. Ill give my seat to someone else.. Im not very good with videos.

Jowaxe

I\'d rather watch a "video" than a guy playing his guitar....

As a viewer, thought I would throw my 2 cents in about that. 17 videos that just contain a guy playing the guitar could get boring....i dunno if the voters would watch em all. (Especially when 99% of the videos will have the camera aimed at the guitar itself and contain no ones head or face - we need guitar faces!)

That said...do it how you wanna...just wanted to share my thoughts.  :P

Good luck to all who enter!

Bucketdog

Ok so the general consensus wants "videos" not live performances. So I WILL allow any form of video submission!

39reasons

Nubbins