New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

BH contest discussion thread.

Started by Bucketdog, November 14, 2010, 10:42:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bucketdog

November 14, 2010, 10:42:17 pm Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:58:12 pm by Bucketdog
If you have to post comments, suggestions or whatever else you want related to the contest. Please do it here and leave the other thread for our contestants and voters!  ;D

Thank you!
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

Jowaxe

1 drum track, 1 guitar track right? Just making sure I remember that right...

D

Yeah I was just checkin that out too.. What exactly are the rules to this? I\'m not sure if they are spread out thru the other thread or not. perhaps they could be posted before the voting, or in the voting thread too.
Consideration and Intelligence have followed the passenger pigeon

That tiny net was sure-fire master!
Master: Yes, a tiny net is a death sentence, it's a net and it's tiny!

StuntCoyote

it doesn\'t say anywhere specific, but i think bucketdog said that in the middle of the contest thread, somewhere. that there couldn\'t be both rythm and lead guitar, only lead and percussion..

Bucketdog

^^^ you are correct stuntcyote. Making it only guitar and percussion makes it\'s tougher on the contestants. And basicly forces you to cover more sound space with your guitar. I think it\'s good for people to do for themselves and makes it more challenging!!!
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

StuntCoyote

Quote^^^ you are correct stuntcyote. Making it only guitar and percussion makes it\'s tougher on the contestants. And basicly forces you to cover more sound space with your guitar. I think it\'s good for people to do for themselves and makes it more challenging!!!
smart thinking! but i don\'t think everyone has got that right. if i\'m not mistaken, alien_ken has at least two guitars...

oh, and btw it\'s stuntcoyote  :P

D

Could who ever made up the contest please summarize and post the rules very succinctly please.

Bucketdog

QuoteCould who ever made up the contest please summarize and post the rules very succinctly please.
Here you go--> http://www.tdrsmusic.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=TDRS;action=display;num=1289774321

Jowaxe

But that doesn\'t say only 1 guitar track is allowed. So are you allowing alienken\'s submission?

D

Here you go--> http://www.tdrsmusic.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=TDRS;action=display;num=1289774321

I guess I glossed over, but also would like some clarification on accompaniment...

Does that mean only one single guitar track? and either a percussion track or a metronome?

OR....

Multiple guitar tracks allowed but the only OTHER instrument allowed is percussion...

is a bass guitar a guitar? if there are multiple guitar tracks can one be a bass?

and percussion is not required but is allowed right?

sorry not trying to be an anal-retentive dick here.. (does that have a hyphen?) Just trying to figure out the rules.

Bucketdog

smart thinking! but i don\'t think everyone has got that right. if i\'m not mistaken, alien_ken has at least two guitars...

oh, and btw it\'s stuntcoyote  :P
I will review the videos after work. If there indeed 2 guitars...it will be discounted from the contest unless he changes it accordingly to the contest guidelines.

Bucketdog

November 15, 2010, 06:23:36 pm #11 Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:33:16 pm by Bucketdog
" Only accompaniment**<--singular not plural** may be percussion based instruments or a metronome."

Ok, so.... This doesn\'t expalain it? Also if you were in tune with the original thread posted regarding this contest. You would have already known it was gonna be like this. My apologies if I wasn\'t clear.

The song can only consist of - one stringed instrument and any form of percussion. Let it be a drummer, cow bell or metronome...it doesn\'t matter. Hope this helps.

And yes - I love using the hyphen incorrectly. That\'s how I roll, Foo...

alien_ken

Hello!

When I entered this contest, I did not see anywhere that only 1 single guitar track was accepted. This is the original post by "bucketdog" reguarding the rules :

Contestants rules:
Song - buckethead style under 3 mins and 30 seconds and no shorter than 2 minutes and 30 seconds. Only accompaniment may be percussion based instruments or a metronome. Videos need to be posted by Monday the 15th 11:59pm eastern standard time.

This says nothing about only 1 guitar track allowed. If this has been posted later I have not read it as I dont have the time to check out the forum every day.

If you would like to disqualify me, then fine.

badgerbot

Let\'s enjoy your beautiful and melodious tribute to your grandfather and think about this a little later.  The Bucket\'s got "I Love My Parents," and your song and visuals have that same wonderful appreciative glow that does us all good, regardless of contests.

D

November 15, 2010, 06:56:20 pm #14 Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 06:59:52 pm by D
Quote" Only accompaniment**<--singular not plural** may be percussion based instruments or a metronome."

Ok, so.... This doesn\'t expalain it? Also if you were in tune with the original thread posted regarding this contest. You would have already known it was gonna be like this. My apologies if I wasn\'t clear.

The song can only consist of - one stringed instrument and any form of percussion. Let it be a drummer, cow bell or metronome...it doesn\'t matter. Hope this helps.

And yes - I love using the hyphen incorrectly. That\'s how I roll, Foo...

He still did not say a single guitar track.. he said "one stringed instrument"... and any form of percussion.

Personally I interpret that as.. if you chose guitar you must stick with it.. if you chose bass you must stick with it... if you chose cello.. you must only include cello and percussion

im not a contestant.. but was interested in judging ... yes im judging you alllll......so i was curious what the rules were.. it appears there is some confusion