New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Albino Slug criticism

Started by LiamLamb, October 26, 2010, 02:46:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LiamLamb

Why so much hate about Abino Slug?  I looked it up online, and see mostly poor or mediocre reviews.  I listened to some of it on youtube, and thought it sounded pretty damn good, in my opinion, and had some really solid riffs.  

Oh well, to each his own

Jowaxe

Well...thats why the world works. We don\'t all have the same taste.

I think AS is ok...i don\'t pull it out to listen to very often besides the first two tracks...its good but not great for me.

nothinglost7

^^^ Exactly. To each his own.

I love Albino Slug but that doesn\'t mean that everyone does.  ;)

In Search Of The

Seconded about opinions.

To me, it\'s probably one of his finest albums.

gb714us

Weird how i was thinking about it for the past 2 days.

I never really gave the whole album a chance, so i started listening to the whole album.. Ive missed out, this is a very solid and awesome album.. Symmetrical Slug live would be amazing!

In Search Of The

Symmetrical Slug is one of my favourites from that album, so frantic and played with such urgency and passion towards the end.

If there\'s anything I have to say about it, it\'s the slightly anti-climatic ending. The iTunes extended track sweetened it however.

FishingBall

[glb]I have never saw critism about Albino Slug.
However I think it\'s very cool almost every song is cool...
[/glb]

eggman90

First two tracks are well worth the price of admission-killer!

LiamLamb

Quote[glb]I have never saw critism about Albino Slug.
However I think it\'s very cool almost every song is cool...
[/glb]

I was referring to the music elitists on sputnikmusic.com

fuzzface

There is quite a segment of us old-timers who prefer Bucketheadland/Giant Robot/Day of the Robot/Monsters and Robots/Cobra Strike/etc... to any of the newer releases.  That might explain it.

robotpie3000

i personally dont really like albino slug. even though there is quality riffage going on the songs are just too short and they lack progression. Other than that, the first four songs rock.

electrictears

I love Albino Slug!

To me this is another side of Buckethead.
Different riffs, tone, style..
Some people might not like it, but then again others might love it.

I love how Buckethead\'s music is so diverse and there is a song for everyone.

Nubbins

One of my favorite releases.

Although I remember when it first came out it wasn\'t received very well, apart from the first two tracks of course.

Whale_On_This

QuoteOne of my favorite releases.

Although I remember when it first came out it wasn\'t received very well, apart from the first two tracks of course.

its one of my faves too.
Probably just inside my top ten.
I don\'t get the H8Raide on this one.

slunkatron

I think part of the problem is that the first two songs, as good as they are, don\'t really fit with the rest of the album.  I feel that way about the first two songs on SOTP as well.  He should have put those 4 together on a different album as they fit together much better than they fit on those albums, which again is not knocking those songs as they are great.  I just think they aren\'t right for the albums they are on.

Oh, and definitely get the extended version of Forgotten Trails.  It ends the album with a bang.