New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead\'s Accomplices (need help finding more)

Started by beau810, May 25, 2010, 04:25:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beau810

Support underground music!!!

gb714us

beau810

i think u should check out some of the Shin Terai stuff

they change the name of the group every album so its kinda hard to keep up with them kinddaaaaa

Duckhead

chickentrain

^Rage Against the Machine  ;)
Ooooh. I didn\'t know what that was either. :-[

beau810

The Shin Terai stuff that I have is really good...  What other stuff do they have without Buckethead?

Rage Against the Machine is OK... I like their stuff but not a fan.  Same with Audioslave and Soundgarden.  I do like Street Sweeper Social Club though.  

Support underground music!!!

nuff_said

QuoteThanks guys!
I already have all of those albums that Buckethead appears on and love them as well.  I guess I was looking for other stuff those guys have done with out Buckethead like Ben Wa or Noforcefield or other bands that sound like them.  

i believe Disciples and Devil Dub are it for Ben Wa - you might enjoy Limbomaniacs - not electronica - but branches from the Ben Wa tree :)

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

NotAHickInIndy

isn\'t RATM the abriviation for Rage Against the Machine?
they are cool "Evil Empire" is their best Audioslave sounds terrible to me so does Soundgarden

Mr. Bungle is one of my fav bands "Disco Volante" is killer for Techno and Metal expirimental

I saw Dub Trio mentioned doesn\'t that have Trevor Dunn? I havent heard them are they good/what of their material would you reccomend

Also since I guess we\'re just naming good music I love the band Nuclear Rabbit but their stuff is tough to get ahold of
"You just have to take pleasure in killing" - Buckethead (final line when asked if he had any advice- Young Buckethead)

Duckhead

Quoteisn\'t RATM the abriviation for Rage Against the Machine?
they are cool "Evil Empire" is their best
yeah - I typo-ed and was too lazy to edit it, my bad.

QuoteAudioslave sounds terrible to me so does Soundgarden
Audioslave\'s self titled album isn\'t bad, and their live performances are better than their albums imo, but they don\'t have the edge that Rage had. I am a big fan of Tom Morello, I really like his band the Nightwatchman which is basically a folk music band. Not only is he a great guitarist but he has an awesome outlook on life and social issues. Never into Soundgarden much myself, Chris Cornell vocals just don\'t compare to Zack\'s but he did OK with Audioslave. Tom is why I use to listen to them. Street Sweeper Social Club is WAY better, glad to see Beau mention them.

Duckhead

Also since I guess we\'re just naming good music I love the band Nuclear Rabbit but their stuff is tough to get ahold of

I didn\'t mean to derail the thread, it\'s supposed to be about electronic music. I only mentioned Rage because alot of DJ\'s and electronic artists have sampled them. The Crystal Method has remixed alot of Rage stuff (some with the help of Tom).

Chris DiCicco

oh ma ma the crystel Method remixin Bucket oh dream a little dream, dream dream...  ::) :P :-/ :o ;D
The Exosphere  2013

chickentrain

Yo, have you checked out Science Faxtion? They\'ve only made one album: Living On Another Frequency. I don\'t have it, so I don\'t know how good it is. It\'s got a bunch of Buckethead-related people.

stumpdangler

RATM\'s first album was great, but they never really went anywhere with it after that imho. It seems like they ran their course after a couple albums.

I suppose TM is inventive in some ways, and he definitely can play well, but how does his body of work stand up compared to other players of that era ie: Buckethead, Adam Jones, Larry Lalonde, John Bingham/Kendall Jones (Fishbone), Jerry Cantrell, John Frusciante, Jonny Greenwood, Kim Thayil, Dimebag Darrell, Petrucci, Wylde, Trey Anastasio, Trey Spruance, to name a few...

stumpdangler

QuoteI have recently been jamming to Ben-Wa\'s "Disciples of Retro-tech" and completely love it.  Its strange for me to say that because at heart I\'m a metal head.  Not too strange though because Im a big fan of Buckethead\'s efforts with electronica musicians: Devil Dub, El Stew, Somewhere Over the Slaughterhouse, Bermuda Triangle, Bolt-on Neck, and Cobra Strike II.  

Basically I love Buckethead\'s work with Extrakd, P-Sticks, Ben Wa, and Disc.  

Is there anyone else here that feels that way and if so do you know of other albums from these artists or other music that sounds like them.

Your help will be greatly appreciated, Thanks.  

Phonocycographdisk Turbulence Chest ;D

NotAHickInIndy

I bought a download of the Science Faxtion album "LOAF" its not very good at all and that surprised me cause Bootsy and Buckethead are usually so awsome
"You just have to take pleasure in killing" - Buckethead (final line when asked if he had any advice- Young Buckethead)

Dan2ine

It sounds like you and I have very similar tastes in music. I too love Bucketheads work with Extrakd and my favorite albums by Buckethead are Somewhere Over The Salughterhouse and Bermuda Triangle. Like you, Buckethead hsa taken me on a journey to discover work by some of the people he has worked with and Disciple Of Retro-tech was just one of those jems. Materials Hallucination Engine is one of my top 10 favourite albums.

I highly recommend you check out Bullet Proof Space Travelers - Built To Last (Eddie Def, DJ Quest, DJ Cue, DJ Marz & Eddie K) It may be similar in vein to Deciples... and although the Space Travelers were a renowned turntablist crew, it\'s a well produced album without all the in-your-face turntablism wizardy. Built To Last was released on Stray Records like Deciples so it may be hard to track down but it is well worht it.

I also recommend:
Gonvervill - Self Titled (Brain, Extrakd & Eddie Def)
Double E - Audio Men (Extrakd & Eddie Def)

I\'m a huge fan of Eddie Def\'s work. He\'s stated that he used to be a metal head and then got into Hip Hop and although he doesn\'t heavily feature rock samples you can hear it\'s influence on him:
Wax People (Compilation from Eddies Hemp Lords mixtapes)
Wax People II: Open Your Mind (2nd Compilation from Hemp Lords)
Inner Scratch Demons (A seperate complilation from Hemp Lords put together by Mike Patton - probably the best place to start and easiest to find)
Then there are Eddies albums on Stray: Instrumental Pills, Stuff and also Cheap Recordings which have some of the craziest drum loop combinations you\'ll ever hear. Instrumental Pills is my favourite of the 3. HE\'s also released 3 mixtapes as KITTY Radio which can be downloaded for free over at Bulletproofscratch.com

Mix Master Mike has also just released a free download: Napalm Rockets which a Dubstep mixtape which I\'m currently enjoying. Download it from mixmastermike.com under the media downlaods section.

In similar taste to Hallucination Engine - Try some Table Beat Science. I only have Live In San Fran but want to get some mroe. I also just got Dub Trio - Another Sound Is Dying and sounds good so far...

I hope this helps!