New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Thank you, Buckethead...

Started by Slaw_Slinger, September 27, 2009, 05:41:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Slaw_Slinger

September 27, 2009, 05:41:20 am Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:42:51 am by Slaw_Slinger
...for an AMAZING show on Governor\'s Island!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eggman90

First B show I missed since \'06 :\'(

Wanted to go in the worst way, but had some wacky family issues I couldn\'t squirm out of (sigh).

I look forward to the full report with pics from someone. I bought Needle In A Slunk Stack to make me feel better.

Slaw_Slinger

Trying to get my pics on imageshack to share here.  Good reviews on the .tk (looks like you might have been there and saw already).
Hope your "wacky issues" work out.
 8)

slunkatron

September 27, 2009, 09:21:58 pm #3 Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:24:35 pm by slunkatron
That was one of the best shows I have seen in years.  I was with several bots, two of whom had never seen him before.  They were blown away.  One suggested that Buckethead ruined other live shows for him because he will now expect the artists to sound even better than they do on their recordings.  Both were amazed at how cleanly he played.  One swore that Buckethead didn\'t make a mistake other than briefly forgeting to turn off his tuner.  They were also fascinated by the art of the whole performance.  Buckethead was really animated and moving well.  The dancing woman with the parasol that came out during Soothsayer was really intriguing and and a great touch.  Anyway, I thought it was an incredible show.

Slaw_Slinger

You are so right when you write "the art of the whole performance"...Buckethead\'s heart was so into it...Simply awesome.

robotpie3000

i heard it rained, but it was still kickass!!!!

Slaw_Slinger

Yes!!!!   Even if there was snow and sleet!!!!!!!!!!!!