New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Governor\'s Island , Too

Started by llylabet, October 07, 2009, 07:23:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

llylabet

On Sept. 26th of this year I experienced my very first live performance by Buckethead. Needless to say I\'m still floating out there somewhere in the stratosphere trying to make it back down to earth but not really wanting to, either. I can only say that any recording you may have heard, any video you may have seen, pales in comparison. I\'m counting down the days until my next fix.  In the meantime, I would like to thank the two young gentlemen from Poughkeepsie who were kind enough to relinquish their front row spot so that this vertically challenged individual could see, the faceless arm that came down in time to prevent my being squished by an inebriated fan, and most importantly, Buckethead, himself, for making it possible to receive one of his gifts during the exchange. I will never forget it.

Phydeaux_3

Welcome to the madness. The more the merrier. Glad you enjoyed the show and didn\'t get squished. What toy did you get?

smooches,
 » Phy³ . . .
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

Slaw_Slinger

You sure picked a great show for you first Buckethead experience, llylabet!!!!  Here\'s to many more.  (I was almost knocked down by an inebriated fan, too.)

llylabet

I got a skeleton mask :). Put it to good use too the following day. My kids and I were traveling back home by train which happened to be very crowded. On a whim, I suggested that my son put on the mask. Well let me tell you. Nobody took that extra seat. My daughter and I  were dying as we videotaped the whole episode. While very funny,  I found it to be a sad commentary on society as a whole when confronted with something different. I know I would have plopped myself right down and had a great ride home.

Slaw_Slinger

Ah, the good old Metro North...