New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Still waiting on Best Regards?

Started by Travis, July 31, 2010, 09:36:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

I\'m getting a lot of emails from people in Europe still waiting and worrying about the arrival of their Best Regards discs.
The first discs were mailed out on the 17th then there was a weekend.
Thats only 10 or 11 true mailing days. Then there are customs delays. With the ISOTS sets we saw delays because of customs of up to 4 weeks plus. Particularly in the UK and Germany.

It\'s still way too early to worry about sets being lost in the mail.
Of the 1000 ISOTS sets we mailed out only 3 were lost in the mail.

It\'s very rare to loose something in the mail. I can\'t tell you how many times I sent replacements out to nervous people only to have them both show up. I know the FAQ says after two weeks to let me know but really thats too soon. First, just check and make sure the address you put on your order form is correct. If so, you just need to be patient.

I wanted to post this here because I have been giving this response over and over again for the last few days. The question is always the same. Shouldn\'t it have arrived by now? The answer is it totally dependent on your customs office. Customs in most countries are a random process of picking out packages and processing times after that are all over the map.

I know its like Christmas morning keeps getting moved back but that just the way it is with international commerce. Give it a good 3 weeks plus.
It will show up. If it is truly lost in the mail I\'ll make sure you get a replacement.

ichimatsu

As for me I placed my order on July the 16 and received my "BR" the 23 of July and I live in FRANCE, so I think it was quick

Travis

I think that\'s why people are fearful of theirs getting lost.
Some orders skate through with no customs inspection at all where someone in the same country or city  gets flagged for inspection. I think in the case of the UK and Germany in particular a random selection get stopped, opened and inspected looking for fraudulent customs documents.
This is what really can stall your delivery. Customs opens the package and checks the contents against the invoice.

Alex R

^Yeah, I got my BR about a week ago but some others in the UK haven\'t even got a slip to say it\'s being held.
I hate customs. It\'s such a stupid rule. :\'(
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

robotpie3000

I live in Hong Kong which is like on the other side of the world but it only takes like 10 days for my TDRS purchases to arrive, which is pretty quick.

hexaChord

I actually was a bit worried and close to send Travis a mail. But I knew about summertime and German customs and so just did wait. The set finally arrived more than a week later than the one I bought for a friend in Australia. But believe me that this wasn\'t Travis\' fault at all. He did send the set on the very day I\'ve ordered it (July 15th).  :)

It was stamped on July 17th and German customs did not proceed it until August 5th. I received it August 7th. My friend in Australia got hers on July 28th - and this had been ordered one day later (July 16th). So you do the maths.

:P

sathomaso

I am also still waiting for my "B.R." to get delivered.
Ordered my copy on July 23rd, so it\'s going to be 4 weeks tomorrow.

Chances are high it\'s just stuck in Austrian customs, because standard airmail delivery from the U.S. usually just takes about 1 - 1.5 weeks.
Hopefully it will get here soon. :)

But just to make sure:
When is a good time to ask for a replacement?
The problem is: What if I waited to long to ask so the "B.R." limited edition sold out?

Depending on how many of them are still left in stock, I would not have a problem to wait another week or two.

The good news on the other hand is, I\'ve been buying stuff on USA eBay for more than 7 years now with close to 500 items sent to me, and NEVER has there been anything lost in the mail so my faith in the postal system is strong. *knocks-on-wood*

I really just hope it\'s not going to be the first time on this limited edition...
"The old way, with a sledge! You see that way´s better. They die better that way."
TCM (1974)[/b]

Travis

I\'m sure it\'s still in customs. We have yet to have one actually lost. Custom delays of 5 weeks are not uncommon. Don\'t worry, if yours is actually lost, even if the limited edition ends, I\'ll make sure you get your copy.

sathomaso

Thanks for the fast response.
Yeah, I\'m 99% certain too that it\'s held back by the customs.
Will get back to you again in 2 weeks (1.5 months in total) if it hasn\'t shown up by then.
Thanks again, cheers!  8)
"The old way, with a sledge! You see that way´s better. They die better that way."
TCM (1974)[/b]

Best Regards

I got mine its # 102, thank you Travis. ;D
Best Regards #102
Spinal Clock #64
Limited Edition Canvas #174 and #182
Limited Edition Holiday Greeting Card CD
Pieces - I Need 5 Minutes Alone
Bucketheadland
Phonopsychograph Cassette

Best Regards

Best Regards #102
Spinal Clock #64
Limited Edition Canvas #174 and #182
Limited Edition Holiday Greeting Card CD
Pieces - I Need 5 Minutes Alone
Bucketheadland
Phonopsychograph Cassette

sathomaso

Hi Travis,

sweet, my Best Regards (#379) just got delivered:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/sathomaso/buckethead/best-regards-01.jpg

THANKS A LOT! :)

Unfortunately there\'s a problem because all the CD-holders have broken and the blue and orange discs received several scratches:

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/sathomaso/buckethead/best-regards-02.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/sathomaso/buckethead/best-regards-03.jpg

I will write you a more detailed email to tdrs@tdrsmusic.com right after this message.

Cheers,
Thomas
TCM (1974)[/b]