New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Peace and Goodwill to All

Started by oldfolkie, December 21, 2005, 11:17:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfolkie

It\'s a busy time of year. Lots of pressure on our time. I\'m taking a moment to think calm thoughts and wish all my friends on-line a very pleasant Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanzaa/Solstice or whatever else you do or don\'t celebrate at this time of year. Plus, Happy 2006!  ;D

This is what it looks like in my part of the world right now. Perhaps a little more snow & ice -- this was a week ago & we\'ve had a cold snap & a big blizzard since then:
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

d6

all the best to you nice , fine folks  here !
for me, this year brought a lot of crazy and exciting adventures. and I´m very glad I discovered the most inspiring music of buckethead and travis. and I´m glad I found this board.
 travis, thank you for managing all the online orders so great!
 and before I´ll drench you in christmas kitsch - all the best to you and your loved ones!

:)
official hippie hell survivor

Aquabot

December 22, 2005, 06:38:46 pm #3 Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 06:38:58 pm by Aquabot
I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year, and I wish you all the best. :-* :-* :-*

stuffyrandL

it\'s snowing to beat the band here in nh, oldfolkie!  they were saying only maine would get this weatherband but, after growing up here, you expect the opposite of what the weatherman says. lol!  it looks pretty slick out now, though!  but beautiful!  your pic reminds me of donner lake in california.  used to live in tahoe and a friend had a house in donner.  good times! lol!
Be happy while you're living for you're a long time dead- Scottish proverb

oldfolkie

We\'ve had lots of snow since then too! That picture was taken in Wakefield Quebec, looking out over the Gatineau River. Wakefield\'s a small town just north of Ottawa, where I live, and has a great folk venue called the Black Sheep Inn. It could be pretty much anywhere in north-eastern North America at this time of year though, couldn\'t it? Interesting you should compare it to California, though.

So, has everyone finished digesting their feast? I\'ve now decided that the first peace on earth should be in my stomach... ::)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein