New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

This sucks

Started by Bucketdog, January 20, 2011, 02:16:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

In Search Of The

Maybe it\'s just me being sour, but I don\'t really like much up-and-coming music or anything all that recent. It might be to do with my taste, but far be it from me to put down anyone\'s opinion or preference, so I\'ll hold my hands up there - if you think the music is decent, I won\'t persuade you otherwise brother.

You said it right when you feel they deserve your money - they do. You think of another musician that will come on a message board as openly as Travis will and interact with us when he has the time? He\'ll try his best not to leave us in the dark and will even answer the occasional personal topic. For example, the topic about his equipment or favourite recording. He doesn\'t have to do that. Hell, he doesn\'t have to have this board running. It\'s that which makes all the difference to me, and I feel good that me buying a few albums at a time helps put food on the table, as small and insignificant as my action may seem.

ilikeheadcheese

QuoteMaybe it\'s just me being sour, but I don\'t really like much up-and-coming music or anything all that recent.

My exact thoughts.  Not a big fan of "new" music for the most part, sure there are a few good bands today.  but I prefer music from the early 90\'s and back.  To me, most new music sounds the same. :-/  Just my two cents.

I also agree with everything else you said ;)
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

robotpie3000

My exact thoughts.  Not a big fan of "new" music for the most part, sure there are a few good bands today.  but I prefer music from the early 90\'s and back.  To me, most new music sounds the same. :-/  Just my two cents.

I also agree with everything else you said ;)

I\'m still a fan of the beatles would you believe it or not.

beau810

Downloading = opportunity to hear your next favorite band.

Exploring all my interests I have in music would cost me too much and therefor would I not find something new easily.  I have a good memory from back in the day when I would randomly buy a new band because something about it caught my attention, only to have that band totally suck and then I would be out of cash.  That truly happened to me often in the 90\'s.  Now I can explore many different genres and artists.

Responsibility = some how supporting that band through the purchase of any of their merchandise and seeing live shows.

*When music is downloaded for free the people who take the biggest hit are the record labels.  If the band is really popular then I could see a negative impact, but If the band is independent this could increase a fan base.

Totally different rant:
*Back in the day labels looked for artists, and now they make bands.  It used to be all about the music but today its about the package.  A good example of this is from the band Blues Traveler... If you dont know them, they are a very talented jam band who got somewhat popular in the 90\'s.  Because music today is all about the package someone decided to use actors to portray them in a video because their main guy is overweight and unattractive. Strange but true.  I also have wondered if this drove Buckethead to actually be Buckethead.  I mean that, did he decide to take on this persona because of pressure from the music industry?  I like to think that hes just a weird dude and that is just how he is, but was it driven by this pressure.  I would like music to get back to the music and strip away this idea that you have to be something more for people to like you.  That something more being the ability to dance, how you dress, your attractiveness, and all that other junk that has nothing to do with the music.  If Buddy Guy was just starting out now I don\'t think it would be easy for him to get a contract, but back in the day there wasn\'t even a question because he was talented.  Sorry for the rant!        
Support underground music!!!

eggman90

I\'m still a fan of the beatles would you believe it or not.

+1!

Phydeaux_3

+1!

Big surprise with a nick like "eggman". Coo coo ca choo!

Here\'s something weird and completely unrelated ("and now for something completely different")... I have this memory of Frank Zappa in Little Green Rosetta saying "Rang Tang, Ding Dong, I\'m the Japanese Sandman" and I\'ve never heard that anywhere else before, then I got hooked on HBO\'s new screamer Boardwalk Empire (Buscemi\'s dealio) and it\'s all filled with crazy-old music from 1920-ish.. then I hear this one tune where the woman is singing something about the Japanese Sandman, kinda blew my mind a little bit.

Read all about it?
http://www.network54.com/Forum/27140/message/1288629998/%26quot%3BThe+Japanese+Sandman%26quot%3B+ad+nauseam

smooches,
 » Phy³ . . .

p.s. sorry for the derailing/hijacking.
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

Soebe

January 25, 2011, 07:42:43 am #51 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:43:08 am by Soebe
Well, I got into Buckethead because of some MP3\'s a friend of mine sent me.

Till now I invested about 3800 Swiss francs into Buckethead stuff. (Only music)...

Bucketdog

^^^^ I\'d like to see pics of a buckethead collection with that value.
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

Soebe

January 25, 2011, 07:13:23 pm #53 Last Edit: January 25, 2011, 07:14:31 pm by Soebe
Quote^^^^ I\'d like to see pics of a buckethead collection with that value.

It\'s not the whole collection.
Some of the CD\'s are in my kitchen, bathroom, car or the living room (like the DVD\'s).
I have a bad camera, so sorry for the shitty picture...

Bucketdog

^^^Holy shit!!! You were not kidding! That\'s just awesome! Thanks for posting this.
Joe!!!! Could you fix me a ham and cheese sandwich?!!! Joe!!!! I want some butter for my chips!!!! Joe!!!!

Silverado

Soebe,  thanks for sharing your pics of the guitars!  Congrats on the acoustic..that is supremely cool how he drew on it ;D

Viking...

That collection is... Big!  :o

So you won that guitar!

Congrats

Soebe

Thanks

I\'m on 120 CD\'s by now(Without double ones). But it gets really hard to get more CD\'s. I payed 90 dollars for Population Override and 116 for Somewhere over the slaughterhause. Don\'t know how much I can get from the older ones anymore...
I only got a credit card that I can order from TDRS because it\'s very unusual to pay with CC in europe.

Alex R

Wow, that\'s a SERIOUS collection.
What\'s that CD on the first column, one above Chicken Noodles II and below Kevin\'s Noodle House?
At first I thought it was Electric Tears in a regular jewel case.
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

firefitz