Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Bucket made another list GuitarTV.com staff pick

Started by stumpdangler, June 06, 2011, 01:58:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

Hey folks,

Bucket made another list and this one is pretty amazing.

The folks at GuitarTV.com, a website run by the one and only Steve Vai and Andy Alt, saw fit to name Buckethead\'s Monsters and Robots album #3 on their Top 10 Staff Picks for Instrumental Guitar Albums of All time! He\'s in some prestigious company along the likes of Jeff Beck, Eric Johnson, Chet Atkins, Andres Segovia, Al Di Meola and Tommy Emmanuel among others.

http://www.guitartv.com/

Tip: You\'ll have to dig around to find it, though. Start with the "Top 10" menu on the left. Enjoy.

robotpie3000

its nice to see buckethead gaining the respect and appreciation he should get

stumpdangler

This is probably the most flattering list I\'ve seen in a while. No Yngwie? Etc... I think it is a testament to our beloved Buckethead\'s versatility and respect from his peers. This list puts him in company with undisputed legends! Congrats, Buckethead!

firefitz

Alex R

June 13, 2011, 06:16:37 pm #4 Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:16:49 pm by Vladimir_Pocket
Ah, but M&R isn\'t fully instrumental, though, is it? ::)

Silly geese. ;)
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

stumpdangler

QuoteAh, but M&R isn\'t fully instrumental, though, is it? ::)

Silly geese. ;)

Must have been instrumental enough to fit their criteria, anyway!

The one with the most vocals would have to be the Eric Johnson "Live in Austin" disc. I think the Chet Atkins selection has a few vocal selections, also. Not a big deal in my book. Each album, including  the EJ is probably at least half instrumental.