New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead CD CRIME SLUNK SCENE

Started by Mr_B, September 17, 2006, 03:24:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

davidh2087

I have not had the opportunity to check out this album...What album of his would you compare it to?
-|)@\\V/!|)

redwingfan1234

If it\'s possible, C.S.S is like a cross between EMAC (in terms of the leads) and Monsters and Robots (in terms of the song structure being a little simple when compared to his other CDs).
Personally, I think some of the songs would be perfect candidates for "Enter the Chicken II." For instance, Gorey Head Stump 2006 (love that name) and The Fairy and The Devil could use a little more variety, and I think vocals could add a lot to them.

piikea

October 02, 2006, 04:52:34 am #17 Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 04:53:25 am by piikea
yea, it has a whole diff feel than TEMAC or Inbred which are similar (to me anyway).  i agree w/ the "song structure" comment & ETC type feel (w/o vocals). i like it but it ranks behind those other 2. he never stays in 1 "phase" too long!

a few jordan-esque type tunes, speed metal-ish in a couple places, the soothsayer epic (ala N. Lace), sorta "straight" rock song "Gory HS" - bit of a mix.

thats what makes him great....ya never quite know what yer gonna get - but it\'s gonna be good!
Bill Laswell / Raoul Björkenheim / Morgan Agren: Blixt (2011) //// Bangtower: Casting Shadows (2011) //// Levin Torn White (2011)

Bonescan

October 02, 2006, 08:18:12 am #18 Last Edit: October 02, 2006, 08:19:02 am by Bonescan
I have to be in the right mood for Inbred Mountain, but when i am, i absolutely love that record. TEMAC is easier to listen to, and it has a very distinct vibe to it. I can stick that on any time and as soon as Thai Fighters comes on i get the same feeling as i did whe i first heard it. Perhaps the album looses a little bit of momentum toward the end, but the first half is just incredible.

Sljuka

When Buckethead played soothsayer live, my face melted off, my chest caved in and I had a 999 roper orgasm.

thats all  ;D

P.S. King James is motherfucking sick

kaptkopter

To me, Crimes Slunk Scene is more of a variations on themes from BH\'s previous CDs. Some folks are going to disagree but I would recommend listerning to Beethovens \'Diabelli Variations\' played by S. Richter to catch where I\'m coming from. And I do love CSS by the way.
Buckethead is going to be the guy who rewrote the book on guitar technique.

davidh2087

OK i finally got CSS and I love it! Buckethead\'s use of the pedal bend is amazing!! It is one of my favorite albums! I totally recommend it!

I like the cover art too! I even got a poster of it!
-|)@\\V/!|)

Chris DiCicco

anyone notice Crime Slunk Scene is in the Store?

I missed Tour so I snatched one up as I saw fit...

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Aquabot

yeah, as soon as I\'ve got enough money I\'m gonna buy me one cd. thanks again Travis.

Matthew

From what I heard at the Anahiem concert sunday was great! Unfortunetly the CD was sold out by the end of the concert. I will try to find a copy of this somewhere. Hopefully Travis will put it up for sale soon.

Aquabot

QuoteFrom what I heard at the Anahiem concert sunday was great! Unfortunetly the CD was sold out by the end of the concert. I will try to find a copy of this somewhere. Hopefully Travis will put it up for sale soon.

it\'s already for sale here, Matthew, unless I\'m mistaken.

keagan2387

You are correct aquabot :)

Matthew

Oh, sorry about that. Awesome then, I will order a copy.

keagan2387

Matthew