Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Do CD\'s actually get re stocked

Started by JTSwagger, February 11, 2011, 07:16:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JTSwagger

When a cd says temp - sold out under it how long does temp mean
Ive only been a member of this site for 2 months now, but population override has been sold out since ive been a member, so i went and bought a copy of ebay for 30 bucks, which is kind of lame cause id rather give my money directly to tdrs.
Currently shadows between the sky is temp - sold out and i am dieing to purchase this cd, listened to a friends and it is amazing, one of bucketheads best i think.
Also just wondering why all his cd\'s aren\'t reprodused, some earlier ones, does it have to do with who published and released them.
Any info on these subjects would be greatly appreciated
pz out bots

Travis

It has everything to do with who owns the rights. We don\'t own a lot of them. Some we get from other labels when we can. Sometimes after a CD sells out, the sales from those are so slow that recouping the repressing costs can take years and we would rather press new CD\'s. I try to keep everything.
Currently I\'m trying to recoup pressing costs on Slaughterhouse on the Prairie,  Real Diamond, Forensic and a couple of others. As soon as that happens, I\'ll try for Peppers and Shadows.

Jowaxe

Travis, maybe its time to raise the prices on the cd\'s a l\'il bit...say $18-$20.

I\'m sure most of us would be happy to pay a little extra so that newer fans can get ahold of those older gems without having to resort to eBay and what not.

That said, i can\'t speak for everyone...but I would be happy to pay a little extra.

Bucketfel

QuoteTravis, maybe its time to raise the prices on the cd\'s a l\'il bit...say $18-$20.

I\'m sure most of us would be happy to pay a little extra so that newer fans can get ahold of those older gems without having to resort to eBay and what not.

That said, i can\'t speak for everyone...but I would be happy to pay a little extra.

I think i can steal 3 more dolars for each album. I wouldnt be happy but its fair
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

Duckhead

February 11, 2011, 11:01:18 pm #4 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 12:32:08 am by Duckhead
I could afford a couple extra bucks per cd but I\'m afraid many could not. We are all hardcore bots here and will spend insane amounts of money on BH stuff but if prices rise it may cause more people to illegally download or buy from amazon or ebay. I had suggested to Travis that a donation link be added to the shopping cart so when we buy cds we can also donate a few bucks if wanted. My thought is most people like to do things in one shot, and it is also a way for "impulse" donating.

I\'d like to see TDRS make some duckets and get some of those cds repressed, as well as new posters and t-shirts. Maybe Travis and BH can put on a "benefit" concert, one night only. Charge $50 or more a ticket and use the profits to repress the cds? I\'d be there in a heartbeat!

robotpie3000

QuoteIt has everything to do with who owns the rights. We don\'t own a lot of them. Some we get from other labels when we can. Sometimes after a CD sells out, the sales from those are so slow that recouping the repressing costs can take years and we would rather press new CD\'s. I try to keep everything.
Currently I\'m trying to recoup pressing costs on Slaughterhouse on the Prairie,  Real Diamond, Forensic and a couple of others. As soon as that happens, I\'ll try for Peppers and Shadows.

The thing about rights I dont understand. I know that some CD\'s like Population Override and Funnel Weaver was originally from ION, but shouldn\'t it be easier for TDRS CD\'s to like, go back in stock.

Nubbins

QuoteTravis, maybe its time to raise the prices on the cd\'s a l\'il bit...say $18-$20.

Agreed, I\'d pay more if that was a route TDRS decided to go. But like you said, that\'s just me. It may put the CD\'s out of reach for others.

JTSwagger

February 12, 2011, 04:36:38 am #7 Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 04:41:22 am by JTSwagger
QuoteIt has everything to do with who owns the rights. We don\'t own a lot of them. Some we get from other labels when we can. Sometimes after a CD sells out, the sales from those are so slow that recouping the repressing costs can take years and we would rather press new CD\'s. I try to keep everything.

Cool, thx for the reply travis, you guys do a great job btw, didn\'t mean to sound ungrateful, cuz this site is awesome

Alex R

It\'s such a shame that talented artists struggle for money when mass-produced crappy pop music with zero talent rolls in millions.
I would also agree with having the donation section more visible, like on eBay sometimes you get prompted to donate to a charity on the PayPal page.
As for raising CD prices, if it\'s needed, so be it. I will still buy the CDs, although like already said, others may not be able to afford it, especially considering the international postage as well (I know that has nothing to do with TDRS, it just adds to the total cost). Then there are the RIDICULOUS UK customs charges. I won\'t go on about those.
I don\'t know about businesses, but could selling shirts via somewhere like Zazzle be an option? That way I don\'t think you need to pay for the production of them but get a small amount back in return.
Dental records don't lie,
Buried deep stays buried still...

I wish Buckethead would come to the UK.
My Blog: The Ramblings of Alex

Slaw_Slinger

QuoteI could afford a couple extra bucks per cd but I\'m afraid many could not. We are all hardcore bots here and will spend insane amounts of money on BH stuff but if prices rise it may cause more people to illegally download or buy from amazon or ebay. I had suggested to Travis that a donation link be added to the shopping cart so when we buy cds we can also donate a few bucks if wanted. My thought is most people like to do things in one shot, and it is also a way for "impulse" donating.

I\'d like to see TDRS make some duckets and get some of those cds repressed, as well as new posters and t-shirts. Maybe Travis and BH can put on a "benefit" concert, one night only. Charge $50 or more a ticket and use the profits to repress the cds? I\'d be there in a heartbeat!

100% agree!!!

koopatroopa

I could understand if you raise the price for a CD, but it´s so hard for me to afford a single CD + shipping to Germany as a student, i would definately buy less CDs if that happens.

Whale_On_This

Hate to say it, cuz I love packaging and a pressed CD, but it might just be time to sell FLAC downloads with cool high res cover art, ect.
Of course this won\'t help out with the rights issues being had on some of the catalogue, but its a crime that some of these newer albums are out of stock, and for all purposes OOP.

I know there would be push back by some bots but eventually, if it hasn\'t happened already, Bucket may not be able to afford to press new music onto discs; lets face it CD\'s don\'t sell anymore.

On a side note, I would be interested in how many copies Itunes sold of CEV during the time that bots thought it would be Itunes only. Those number could be telling.

Bah, I hate to see this shit happening.  >:(

Phydeaux_3

QuoteOn a side note, I would be interested in how many copies Itunes sold of CEV during the time that bots thought it would be Itunes only.

They got my money!

smooches,
 » Phy³
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

Whale_On_This

They got my money!

smooches,
» Phy³

Mine too, then I bought the disc.

nothinglost7

^^^ I painfully waited it out the whole time...... I just really don\'t want to give gigantic corporations my money if I don\'t have to. Especially when I know that honest hard working people (like Travis & Bucket) will make a much higher profit margin from a direct sale.