New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Looking for your thoughts on a buckethead vidgame

Started by beau810, November 16, 2009, 05:10:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

beau810

I have been working on this idea for awhile, but recently I had an epiphany.

Guitar Hero: Bucketheadland

Guitar Hero was designed to interact with songs you already know.  Inevitability those who played the game played songs that they have never heard or even better played songs from bands that they never heard of.  In fact that's how I became a Dethklok fan.  I'm sure Buckethead picked up many fans that way as well; I know this because my students know who Buckethead is, but they only know the song Jordan.  At first I wanted to a game with just Buckethead songs, but as time has gone by my thoughts have changed into something more special.

Would you buy a Buckethead game where all of the songs on it by Buckethead have never been released before?  How about it mixed with other songs that Buckethead feels inspirational to him?  Alone that sounds great... but my thoughts have added even more details.

The whole game could be based in Bucketheadland.  Each attraction would have theme music that you would have to play through.  For instance the Giant Robot attraction would have the Giant Robot theme music with other songs that you might hear while in line.  The graphics would emulate this experience; possibly the ride itself where you're in Giant Robot walking over and through the park, or even fighting Aquabot.  I could go on describing each attraction but I'm guessing you have the idea.

The next part would be the difficulty settings.  There would still be easy, medium, hard, and extreme, but this would be for using only 3 buttons (for each setting.)  Then you would have a choice of skills like powercords, so you could choose extreme and check the skill powercords.  Each skill would completely change each difficultly level.  So the hardest level would be extreme level with all the skills checked.  Another skill that I'm thinking of would be the use of the killswitch.  This idea is still really fresh so I'm sure I could come up with many more skills.  Yep... a lot of work needs to be done in this area but it's a work in progress.  

Ideas of possible SKILLS
More Power (powercords)
Killswitch (would need special guitar)
Finger Licking Good (add to difficulty setting more buttons)
Ghost notes (don't have to strum)
Shredder (during solos use all buttons)
Autonomic Buckethead (never miss a note)

I would like to hear what you bucket-bots think about this idea.  Any ideas for attractions?  How about skills?
Support underground music!!!

K-FLO

awesome idea!i especially like the idea of the whole thing being staged in bucketheadland, fighting the shape, Slipdisk and other enemies. I think you would have to modify the guitar to have more than just 5 buttons, maybe 12? or 24???

Before this, I had an idea of a rock band: Deli Creeps
Just thinking of trying to cover Bob\'s vocals or watching the creeps do their onstage antics just makes me laugh! to bad they didn\'t make enough songs for that to even be possible..

some good skills would be

-Octave pedal
-4 finger nubbing (i don\'t know how you can put that in there)
Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

http://www.grandin.com/restrain/new.conv.rest.html

Dogsmell

QuoteI think you would have to modify the guitar to have more than just 5 buttons, maybe 12? or 24???

And 6 strings as well!
 ;D

gb

what is love,what is happiness,what is life,where is peace?.....................

K-FLO

QuoteWHAT about nunchucks?  [sp]

wii nunchucks?
Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

gb

what is love,what is happiness,what is life,where is peace?.....................

beau810

Thanks for the reply guys.  I just have had that in my head for a while so I thought I would share.  I know this game will never happen but its fun to think about.
Support underground music!!!

Slaw_Slinger

I not very good at video games (except wii bowling:-) but i would get this one!!!

stumpdangler

I haven\'t been into video games for some time, but a Bucketheadland video game done right would have me scrambling to get an updated unit. ::)

hexaChord

K-FLO

Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

ella_mental

That kind?

LOL!  I wonder if the pleats are razor sharp!