Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Clown #1

Started by gkg, July 28, 2005, 11:23:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gkg

current painting

i\'ve got a love/hate thing with clowns... can ya tell?
color on detail is a tad off but... full size is correct.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

oldfolkie

what a diabolical look you\'ve given it!  :o  (amazing!)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

trust me, clowns ARE diabolical!  ;)

thanks!!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

d6

see, ..pennywise jr. !
I like it very much, ma´am.
official hippie hell survivor

gkg

ok - this is where i show my ignorance or age or some other flaw - who is/was Pennywise?
Peace.

d6

:) forget age....
  pennywise is the bad guy/clown in stephen king´s "It"

gkg

ah... that explains it, i don\'t read a lot of his stuff.  tend to read art books, biographies, especially about artists or political figures, political commentary, some murder fiction (named my dear late cat "Sayers" for Dorothy)... stuff like that.

here i thought you were gonna follow up with some crack about some other clown called "Poundfoolish" - or maybe that would be me?  ;)
Peace.

d6

I dont know much about king´s books either, ..."Poundfoolish"?  so - please enlighten me... ;)

gkg

LOL!!  

people who are Penny Wise are often also Pound Foolish.  

please tell me you\'ve heard the phrase "penny wise and pound foolish" or i\'ll feel REALLY old.   ;)
Peace.

dirtface

Or maybe just British? Penny wise and dollar foolish?

the_fawnky_fangerz

"I see the circus through the eyes of the clown" I\'ve always loved the line form NWO by Ministry. I always felt it was a great reference to clowns and their twistedness. Your picture is great, I love twisted clowns. You should check out the art work in the Infectious Grooves cd "Groove Family Psycho", there are some awesome twisted clowns in there. :D
I daydream about stabbing people in the eye with my pen, peeling off their flesh, and stapling it to the wall. Is that bad? I think I could have a nice collection.

gkg

August 06, 2005, 09:25:03 pm #11 Last Edit: August 06, 2005, 09:27:43 pm by gkg
dirtface:
QuoteOr maybe just British? Penny wise and dollar foolish?
hehe - yeah, that\'s where the phrase started, but it\'s been used here for generations... though not so much now i guess?  ;)

the_fawnky_fangerz:
QuoteYour picture is great, I love twisted clowns.
thank you!  i do too - when i don\'t hate them... they gimme the creeps, in a good and bad way.

QuoteYou should check out the art work in the Infectious Grooves cd "Groove Family Psycho", there are some awesome twisted clowns in there.
i will have to check that out - thanks for that!
Peace.

d6

"please tell me you\'ve heard the phrase "penny wise and pound foolish" or i\'ll feel REALLY old"

gkg - penny wise,  pound foolish..it took a little time ...  no, never heard it before - but again, it has nothing to do with your age - suppose the real reason could be  -  german is my first language..;)

gkg

Quotegerman is my first language
DANKE!  

*that and "gute Gesundheit" are the extent of my German*

that just might be the explanation - although my son tells me he\'s only heard the phrase in our family so perhaps we just tend toward the archaic?   :o    

happy Monday! ;)
Peace.

d6

looks like your happy monday wishes are working.. sold another painting that day!
now gotta get back to work on my  website.
happy week to you.