New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

RIP Rammellzee

Started by stumpdangler, July 10, 2010, 02:13:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

Buckethead/Praxis/Bill Laswell friend and collaborator passed away late last month. I just found this on Bucketboard.com a couple minutes ago. May he Rest In Peace.

RIP Rammellzee
Admin Rupert Pupkin 06/30/2010

Subject:  RIP Rammellzee

Posted by: Admin Rupert Pupkin

http://consequenceofsound.net/2010/06/29/report-hip-hop-legend-rammellzee-dead/

deconstruct

My one memory of Rammellzee was from a guest appearance he made at a Buckethead show a few years ago at the Bowery Ballroom. I had known who he was, but seeing him in person was a different experience. I remember thinking it looked like a junk yard exploded all over him and I wasn\'t sure where my eyes should focus. He came out and introduced the band and joined them during a Praxis song. He hung around off the side of the stage and yelled random things at times. He said, "Show them evolution!" and it would make the band crack up.

Rammellzee was always somebody that confused me but he was a unique character and wonderfully weird. I\'m sorry he\'s gone.

stumpdangler

Sounds like a neat show! I wouldn\'t have recognized him, but one of the invisbl scratch piklz name check him at a show when the they opened for and later jammed with Buckethead. That was a crazy night, Laswell was there to watch and Bernie Worrell sat in to jam at the Wetlands. Day of the Robot was the latest release and it was pre Giant Robot NTT. That was the first time I had heard "Hog Bitch Stomp" among other things.

Here is a clip of the Praxis "Animal Behavior" video. Rammellzee is in the gothic futurism monster outfit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TerGRhSFJg
That is probably the best quality a/v I have seen.

I am only familiar with him through the Buckethead/Laswell connection but it does seem that Rammellzee added a lot of character and flavor to whatever he was involved in. RIP