New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

New 13 Vol Buckethead CDs

Started by Mozy_Bot, February 13, 2007, 11:45:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slunker

This is a really, really cool idea. TRADEABLE BUCKETHEAD CDS. It\'s like Pokemon. But.... more disturbing.

I just went through and read this entire thread because I couldn\'t believe what I was looking at. I need to order at least one of these, to know what it\'s all about. But... I definatly can\'t afford much else. $200 is way too steep for me. I\'m struggling finacially as it is.

Darn you Buckethead! Your shredding will be the end of me.

Haha. Yeah, this is like Buckethead\'s version of Pokemon alright. It\'s BUCKETMON! Gotta catch \'em all!  ;D

Anyway, like Travis said a while ago, you can collect one or two a month and still be able to get the whole lot without having to worry about them running out. Seems that Buckethead is going to have to do a lot of cd burning and artwork designing, if you ask me.  :D

Me, I was so paranoid that these were going to run out that I spent more money than I actually could afford in order to get the whole lot. Also, knowing myself as well as I do, I\'m guessing I would have been climbing the walls if I couldn\'t listen to them all at once, so it\'s probably for the better anyway.  :)

Chris DiCicco

February 19, 2007, 01:16:51 am #61 Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 01:17:32 am by Chris
INSEARCHOFTHE_______________

WHAT? what is he searching for

SOUND? no this can\'t be, thats Phil Lesh

MONEY? oh yeah bank time cha! ching!

Vol.13 makes Me Mad.

200.00 too

0r 260 is you get the cds separately  oyi me youza ....

I wonder if these are audition tapes for everything Bucketheads auditioned for.

madness either way .

Chris DiCicco

The Exosphere  2013

Solar

February 19, 2007, 02:20:22 am #62 Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 02:20:54 am by Solar

madness either way .

Ha ha, that\'d be a treat.

Red Hot Chili Peppers: "Do it."

Buckethead: "No."

RHCP: "Take off the stupid mask!"

BH: "I don\'t wanna."

RHCP: "How are we supposed to let you in our band if we don\'t even know who you are? You could be... Michael Jackson, or something!"

BH: "B-but... I brought you slaw."

RHCP: "That\'s it, we\'e going with Arik Marshall!!"

Chris DiCicco

Buckethead with RHCP\'s

THAT WOULD RULE,

I forgot about him auditioning for them, I was thinking of Guns N Axl Roses, Ozzy Osborne, but Flea and Chad and Anthony and Buckethead would RULE!

Hooking up with Bootsy tapes too!

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

bukk3tbot

QuoteINSEARCHOFTHE_______________

WHAT? what is he searching for

SOUND? no this can\'t be, thats Phil Lesh

MONEY? oh yeah bank time cha! ching!

Vol.13 makes Me Mad.

200.00 too

0r 260 is you get the cds separately  oyi me youza ....

madness either way .

Chris DiCicco

ummm.
Is it just me or are the rest of you not too sure of what this guy is trying to say either?

"Vol.13 makes Me Mad.

200.00 too

0r 260 is you get the cds separately "
um, what?

ashpatton

I have a couple of theories on what he is trying to say with these cd\'s.
1. Maybe he has seen what people are paying on ebay for some of his out of print material, and he figures if fans are willing to pay so much then why not give them something that is worth all that money. Like 13 cd\'s instead of  just one.
2. It is said that Bucket doesn\'t give out many autograghs because he is so shy. I found this out for myself when I tried to get his autogragh at a show in Little Rock, Ar. and failed in my attempt, but he did give me a Star Wars Yoda action figure. With these cd\'s being so personalized, it\'s like he is wanting to make up for that.
Either way, I think it is great. Thanks Big B.

superslidetail

Is that why he wears a mask in the first place?  Because hes shy?  I just thought it was a gimmick that made him stand out.  Although his music alone makes him stand out.

Solar

ummm.
Is it just me or are the rest of you not too sure of what this guy is trying to say either?

"Vol.13 makes Me Mad.

200.00 too

0r 260 is you get the cds separately "
um, what?

"Vol. 13 makes me mad" TRANSLATION: "This 13 disk CD collection is frusterating."

"200.00 too" TRANSLATION: "It\'s $200!"

"Or 260 is you get the cds separately" TRANSLATION: "Or $260 if you buy them separately, instead of all at once."

Chris DiCicco

February 19, 2007, 10:59:00 pm #68 Last Edit: February 19, 2007, 11:01:26 pm by Chris
oiy thats what I get for jumping in the thick of this post.

>:(

BYE!

BTW Solar thanks for translating! I cant seem to get across to anybody no mo....

Double BYE!
The Exosphere  2013

rezonator

oooo kaaaaay.....

i just wanna say thanks again travis and bucket for doing something...well...so,uh..TRIPPY!!! i don\'t think anybody\'s asked this yet,but for those whom ordered the full set,can they expect 13 cds in the first shipment or 1-2 a month?i\'m just wondering since you mentioned that the ammount of folks buyin up the full set was a bit eye-popping if bucket will have a rough time trying to burn n decorate 40 or so full sets along with single discs--that could easily be 550-600 discs,whew!!!all i\'ve got to say is this:travis,whatever you do don\'t let bucket give himself hand-muscle problems by making these,haha,we need those digits to create more merry trippings in the future! ;) ;D ;D ;D
i am a nincompoop mama said!

bukk3tbot

"Vol. 13 makes me mad" TRANSLATION: "This 13 disk CD collection is frusterating."

"200.00 too" TRANSLATION: "It\'s $200!"

"Or 260 is you get the cds separately" TRANSLATION: "Or $260 if you buy them separately, instead of all at once."

;)
Thanks. I honestly couldn\'t figure out what he was trying to get across there.
\'
Thanks again

DR5150

I wonder... Do you think that since Buckethead is supposedly putting artwork and stuff on each of the CD\'s that maybe we could request our names be put on one of them when we order. When you order there\'s always that little box where you can type in special requests on the shipment, maybe if I say, write Kurtis on disc 1 I might get it... Probably not, but that would be cool.

One thing that we\'ll have to do when some of us get our shipments is compare our covers. Someone should start up a thread that everyone can post their pictures of their 13 discs and compare them with others, since all of them will be different. So close to being able to afford it but not quite there, the anticipation is killing me. well on the bright side I\'ve made $120 from overtime just for this. I worked two 11 hour days for this!(I know it\'s sad, but I\'m only 17, I work in a grocery store...)

severedhand

thats a good idea.. I think it would be wicked to see the differences in artwork..I\'m hoping one of the 13 discs is the long awaited disney material.. if not oh well...or perhaps even more del rey collaboration stuff..or hell even some "that one guy" collaboration which I believe was the guy buckethead toured with.

Slunker

I\'m sure Buckethead\'s Disney album will not be part of "In Search of the", I think he would want to make that release a bit more special with better artwork and such. I\'m sure that release will be a bit more "high quality" as far as the packeging goes, if you know what I mean.

keagan2387

hey travis, when you click on the cds it says ships the 21st but at the front of the store it says available the 23rd. Does this mean the pre-orders ship today, and the cds will officially be available 23? or are they being shipped the 23rd.
Thanks.