New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

What\'s Bucket Building in There?

Started by dewclaw, January 21, 2010, 09:29:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dewclaw

kind of cool to cool search the US Copyright records for buckethead, some interesting stuff in there

nuff_said

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

Slunk_Lord

QuoteIf we don\'t get anything new for a while I\'m cool with that. I would like to think that he is chillin with friends and fam, recharging his batteries and relaxing, he does have a personal life besides making music.

He gives sooooo much and is very prolific. I liked both FF and NIASS, when I hear people complain about those 2 albums I think they must not understand how the "artists brain" works. Expression of one\'s self comes in many forms and needs many outlets, if you don\'t get it then it is your loss or maybe it just wasn\'t meant for you.

Suprises are what makes life exciting to me, and I am sure big B has a few left in his bucket for us. Just be patient and it will come, if it takes years then so be it. I get sad that some fans express that they want more albums or they want something specific like Giant Robot or another Colma, complain about touring with the ipod - the man seems to continually move forward not backwards so just hang on and enjoy the ride. You can get off at any time, no one is forcing you to stay on. We are all blessed to have his music not entitled and I know most of us understand that.

I just don\'t like seeing the "give me, give me" attitude some fans have and it is a sad commentary about how many spoiled kids don\'t realize how lucky they are. Be grateful you don\'t live in a war torn country like Iraq or Iran or that 200,000 people in your country didn\'t just die from a earthquake - those people have REAL problems, not having a big B concert or new album doesn\'t even register.

OK enough of the buzzkill - Rock on everyone!!!

EDIT: beau, this was not directed at you or anyone else specific. I just read stuff here, there and at other boards that make me upset when people demand more of big B. As an artist and friend of many artists this opinion in me has been built over many years, I\'m sure the people I offend with this post (if any) are all great fans and by no means do I imply that I or others who liked the last 2 albums are better fans. We are all on the rollercoaster together.

:) :)
My thoughts exactly Duckhead.

I\'m waiting patiently for the next Buckethead album, whenever it will come. And when it does, I will do a happy dance. I just know whatever Buckethead does will be good enough for me in my book. I will support whatever he puts out, as I\'ve liked everything up to this point in one way or another.
Let your inspirations flow into whatever you do.

ilikeheadcheese

^^^^me too, just about everything he\'s put out (including FF and NIASS), i have fell in love with right from the first listen.
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

DUFFATRON

QuoteIf we don\'t get anything new for a while I\'m cool with that. I would like to think that he is chillin with friends and fam, recharging his batteries and relaxing, he does have a personal life besides making music.

He gives sooooo much and is very prolific. I liked both FF and NIASS, when I hear people complain about those 2 albums I think they must not understand how the "artists brain" works. Expression of one\'s self comes in many forms and needs many outlets, if you don\'t get it then it is your loss or maybe it just wasn\'t meant for you.

Suprises are what makes life exciting to me, and I am sure big B has a few left in his bucket for us. Just be patient and it will come, if it takes years then so be it. I get sad that some fans express that they want more albums or they want something specific like Giant Robot or another Colma, complain about touring with the ipod - the man seems to continually move forward not backwards so just hang on and enjoy the ride. You can get off at any time, no one is forcing you to stay on. We are all blessed to have his music not entitled and I know most of us understand that.

I just don\'t like seeing the "give me, give me" attitude some fans have and it is a sad commentary about how many spoiled kids don\'t realize how lucky they are. Be grateful you don\'t live in a war torn country like Iraq or Iran or that 200,000 people in your country didn\'t just die from a earthquake - those people have REAL problems, not having a big B concert or new album doesn\'t even register.

OK enough of the buzzkill - Rock on everyone!!!

EDIT: beau, this was not directed at you or anyone else specific. I just read stuff here, there and at other boards that make me upset when people demand more of big B. As an artist and friend of many artists this opinion in me has been built over many years, I\'m sure the people I offend with this post (if any) are all great fans and by no means do I imply that I or others who liked the last 2 albums are better fans. We are all on the rollercoaster together.

:) :)

Amen Brother. The doomride will never stop for me, unless of course i get off @ the John Merrick Elephant Man Bones Explosion or another equally awesome ride.

PS: I thought the ipod was delightfully hilarious and awesome  ;D

Slunk_Lord

I don\'t know why people hated him using an iPod. I mean, perhaps there were certain circumstances where he couldn\'t have a bassist and drummer backing him whom he knows he can trust. Maybe he just wants to have some fun on his own and liberate himself a little bit more by doing more sampling, which is in some ways like a DJ, but he does this while he\'s busy playing guitar. Sometimes people want to try different things. I\'m not trying to particularly bash on anyone here, but if someone is trying something different, especially Buckethead, I have always embraced whatever they have done as I am sure he wants to try new things. Sure they may not be the most incredible things of all time, but I think in their own right they are definitely working on great ideas and explorations in both sound and style.

BelieveIntheBucket

January 24, 2010, 07:29:35 am #21 Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 07:33:10 am by BelieveIntheBucket
backtracks arent different. they are used all the time by pro\'s.  backtracks are just minimal and prevent a lot of expression, interaction, and improvisation that a lot of people came to see.  this isnt necessarily that big of a deal for a pop musician (although a band would almost always be better) because people arent really looking for that type of thing as much as to just hear the songs. bucketheads different. its more about the musicality since its all instrumental.

bottom line: backtracks limit live musicality is what im trying to say.  the only reason i could see for buckethead to tour with just him and his ipod on his recent tour would be for money since all he had to split the money with was him, p sticks, and that1guy.

(But still.... even then... he only needed to add a drummer to make a full band with t1g doing bass. im not sure how big of a difference that would make for money. why else would he tour with backtracks.)

beau810

Just to back myself up... I am a musician, artist and poet.  I love music when it pushes the boundries but I knw what I like and what I dont.

Just because an artist I like puts out their stuff doesnt mean Im going to like it.  The best example I can think of without using Buckethead is Metallica.  They were everything to me in high school: I had back patches I covered their songs, I had posters up in my room, and I bought every thing they put out.  All of that is true untill they released Load and ReLoad and finally finished the deal with St Anger.  I will not bow down just because it is Metallica.  The same goes for Buckethead.  

I have never had and artist effect me as much as Buckethead has.  The good thing is that he is so prolific that I know all I have to do is wait and Ill have the best thing since sliced bread.

Im glad that we bucket bots can expess our opinions with out killing each other... so heres to Duck for getting us to think a little.  

SO READY for something new!!!!
Support underground music!!!

DisembodiedLoaf

QuoteI don\'t know why people hated him using an iPod. I mean, perhaps there were certain circumstances where he couldn\'t have a bassist and drummer backing him whom he knows he can trust. Maybe he just wants to have some fun on his own and liberate himself a little bit more by doing more sampling, which is in some ways like a DJ, but he does this while he\'s busy playing guitar. Sometimes people want to try different things. I\'m not trying to particularly bash on anyone here, but if someone is trying something different, especially Buckethead, I have always embraced whatever they have done as I am sure he wants to try new things. Sure they may not be the most incredible things of all time, but I think in their own right they are definitely working on great ideas and explorations in both sound and style.

Most musicians are in a band and their either in a band or they\'re not. With Buckethead, he\'s involved with multiple bands at once and you might be able to say at times like these that the bands have broken up. You don\'t get all the drama and news articles with Buckethead though so it\'s not a big deal.

llylabet

I couldn\'t have said it better myself, Duckhead. One of the things I admire most about Buckethead and all of his contemporaries is the ability to take chances and move ahead. None of that, "staying in the comfort zone BS ", for those dudes.  It\'s always been a trait of those "Greats" of any genre who have pushed the envelope of popular opinion and demand and taken us to places we only dared to dream possible.  What a long, strange trip it\'s been and hopefully will continue to be. I know I got my bags packed!

robotpie3000

maybe big b is just taking a rest.
it doesnt take long for him to come up with 13 songs :)

FlyingGuillotine

Could this drought be because of Big B taking time to work on the infamous "Buckethead Plays Disney" album?
Money is the Motive

DisembodiedLoaf

January 31, 2010, 07:35:39 pm #27 Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 07:39:20 pm by DisembodiedLoaf
QuoteCould this drought be because of Big B taking time to work on the infamous "Buckethead Plays Disney" album?
Either that or his next wedge will be super awesome. ;D Either way, it will be really exciting when it comes out.

And I think that it takes him longer than 4 months to make albums. I bet he works on at least two at once, like he probably started Diamond in \'08, when he had already written some songs for SOTP. The mellow songs go onto an album and the crazy songs go onto another album. It\'s possible that the tour songs will be on two different albums.

Slunk_Lord

Jeez folks, he\'s just making another album. It\'s not like he\'s going to set the world on fire...unless he uses his eye lasers  ;) ;) ;)

dewclaw

Maybe he\'s taking the year off, who knows?

It would be interesting to know more about when the bucket is on and when the bucket is off.