New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead In A Band Scenario?

Started by eggman90, October 20, 2009, 08:43:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

I\'ve personally seen Buckethead with Praxis, sitting in with Primus, Solo with backing tracks etc... The super group dream band fantasies are loads of fun, but that makes the likelihood of  seeing any thing like that live and on tour remote.

And it is a WTF moment when the band leaves the stage and he cranks up the Ipod. Some people scratch their heads..."Does the band suck?" Fans know that is not the case but still it interrupts the flow or continuity of the show in some peoples view.

Maybe it  is time to step up the production value and incorporate the band into the backing tracks when needed? In my eyes it would be more of planned out arena rock spectacle but perhaps on scale that could accomodate Buckethead\'s artistic visions with room for binges built in. The logistics of something like this on a tour are beyond a lot of independent artists. Maybe a residency at a venue or several different venues would allow for it to be cost effective. (Maybe like a cirque de soliel. If you\'re gonna dream, dream big!)

And much of the charm of the recent Buckethead shows with the Ipod  is that each show can be tailor made to his muse. You really can\'t improve on that no matter how fun or sporting it is to speculate.--Robert

eggman90

Some very good thoughts and ideas here-great input.

Duckhead

Buckethead is always evolving and moving forward, I\'m sure he has some tight band planned to blow us all away in the not so distant future. Giant Robot or Praxis would be awesome! but I hope maybe there is something new ahead. A lot of people would love to see Thanatopsis or some sort of Travis collaboration on stage. There has been rumor that another Dragons of Eden album may be made. I would love to see that live.

BelieveIntheBucket

another thing, and i dont know if someone already said this here. but even tho i dont mind seeing bh wit ipod (even tho i much rather would see him with a band), it gives him sorta a bad rep. cuz hes getting loads of new fans now and when they go to see him with his ipod they arent seeing him at his full potential.

Phydeaux_3

QuoteThere has been rumor that another Dragons of Eden album may be made. I would love to see that live.

This "rumor" came directly from the lips of Brain, I asked if there would be another Dragons album and he answered that yes, probably there would be more. But he described the album as a "binge" album & then Travis said on here that Brain was mistaken, and that Dragons wasn\'t a binge album at all, but that a lot of writing and prep went into that one, so maybe Brain meant that there would be another Noodle House-type album. Who knows for sure? Travis, that\'s who.

We can all hope that there will be another album like Dragons, imho it\'s one of the best albums ever. I too would love to see this performed live. Does Travis ever play live? I don\'t recall ever hearing of him participating in any tours, maybe that means he\'s overdue? :D

Buckethead+Travis+Brain on the road would be absolutely phenomenal! They\'d just need a bass player. Bootsy would be my first (probable) choice, Laswell the second.

Dream band anyone? (realistically speaking) make your picks!

smooches,
 » Phy³
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

eggman90

^^This would be great, even in a limited engagement scenario with a pro video, multi-camera angle setup. Otherwise, even doing a video of the recording sessions would be awesome too. This way they could test the waters, and see how things progress.

Slaw_Slinger

beau810

I would love to see Buckethead live with a band again (pinchface and that1guy); it was much better than a show with an ipod.

Fantasy Band: Buckethead, Joe Tomino (drums for Dub Trio), Dave Edwardson (bass and keys for neurosis), Marc Rizzo (guitar for Soulfly), Gibby Haynes (vocals for Butthole Surfers)

Real Band: Buckethead, with unsaid drummer and bassest (it would be easy and much better than that Ipod)

Super Fantasy Band: Buckethead, Cliff Burton and Keith Moon
Support underground music!!!

Jowaxe

Eggman....this bot\'s with ya!!!

I\'m with Trev_Dog though....i\'d rather not see the Creeps get back together....never liked him with them...end of story. :)

Band Band Band Band Band!

eggman90

Giant Robot or some variation thereof would be great too.

K-FLO

QuoteI\'m 50/50 on the situation. Buckethead is a mastermind musician and has indeed realized that only he can make his music sound just the way he likes it. I\'m guessing he got tired of Brain and Pinchface "doing their own thing" style drumming instead of the way Bucket wants it to sound.

speaking of which, would that be the reason that the deli creeps split up? either pinch or bob got annoyed of buckethead\'s insane, spotlight-snagging solos
Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

http://www.grandin.com/restrain/new.conv.rest.html

eggman90

^^Doubt it very much. That\'s the whole point! 8)

bburnett

QuoteI\'m 50/50 on the situation. Buckethead is a mastermind musician and has indeed realized that only he can make his music sound just the way he likes it. I\'m guessing he got tired of Brain and Pinchface "doing their own thing" style drumming instead of the way Bucket wants it to sound.

speaking of which, would that be the reason that the deli creeps split up? either pinch or bob got annoyed of buckethead\'s insane, spotlight-snagging solos

Maximum Bob and Pinch were the original engineers that help build Bucketheadland. ;)
Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

K-FLO

Maximum Bob and Pinch were the original engineers that help build Bucketheadland. ;)

my bad,i just always had a small idea that it could have been the reason, speaking of which, what do you think was the cause of the deli creeps split up 2X? (2X since they split up twice)
Y, Y+B, X+Y <hold> ←

"I just can't take no pleasure in killing. There's just some things you gotta do. Don't mean you have to like it."

http://www.grandin.com/restrain/new.conv.rest.html

bburnett

my bad,i just always had a small idea that it could have been the reason, speaking of which, what do you think was the cause of the deli creeps split up 2X? (2X since they split up twice)

Well they never officially broke up. Bob and Pinch have regular day jobs too, kids, wives, girlfriends, etc...

They have closed the deli more than twice:

All I know is that "this is the longest the Deli has ever been closed"

7-24-2005 would be the last time Bob graced us with his presence.

the Deli officially closes:
5-25-1996 The Fillmore SF CA

re-opens as Hook and Pull Gang
12-10-1999 The Gig LA CA

DC 11-4-2000 The Palace LA CA

re-opens
3-14-2003 Petaluma CA

DC 7-26-2003 Styles Music Pomona CA

Due to freezer failure and the smell of rotting meat, the Deli opens briefly on 7-24-2005 Detroit Lake MN
Scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.