New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

A Massive Upcoming Project

Started by ColonelDrakeSlunk, April 10, 2009, 03:05:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ColonelDrakeSlunk

April 10, 2009, 03:05:03 am Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 03:07:03 am by ColonelDrakeSlunk
Hello, all. I am Colonel Drake Slunk and I am new to this forum. However, I can see myself becoming a frequent poster here...especially with the Buckethead-related art/writing projects I am planning to undertake.

Here\'s a mental glimpse of some of the things I am planning:

1.) Filling a whole sketchbook with concept art for a Buckethead videogame, which, if it gets Buckethead\'s blessing, could possilby be pitched to um...the guys that did Guitar Hero...um...Midway? Wait, Midway did Mortal Kombat...and, I think, went bankrupt... But, yeah, the guys behind Guitar Hero. There\'s a reason for that... *knowing laugh*

Unfortuantly all I\'d be able to provide to the game would be art and and storyline (I also write...I\'m hoping to have my 1st novel out in 2+ years). Unfortuantly, I am programming-declined.

I am REALLY excited to get these sketches together. I am hoping that they can actually be viewed by Travis Dickerson on this site since he works with Buckethead.
Besides, I would like him to appear as a (playable?) character in the game, so I kinda need to know what he looks like... (that\'s sounds real creepy. Sorry, Travis...)

2.) At some point I\'d like to collaborate on a novel, series of short stories, or a napkin with words on it with Buckethead. I don\'t know if Buckethead writes, but he is sure filled with ideas and a universe all of his own that is populated to the brim with locales, persons, and creatures. It would be a dream of mine to work on a story with him...and the unique ebook/audiobook it would ultimately become.

3.) ...
Um...hold on, I\'ve got to yell at my drakes. They\'re moving between the swimming pool and my flooded basement again. I think one of them has a dog...yeah, that is...oops, was a dog. Now, how to explain that one to the neighbors...?

Anyhow, I guess there really isn\'t a number three now ("Number six, there is no number six!" -Monty Python\'s Flying Circus, \'Bruces\' sketch), but that\'s a preview of some of the things I\'d hope to do.

I\'m planning on hammering away at the sketches starting tomorrow and through Easter weekend. I should have a start to them by Monday, which I will post to this thread then.

Until then, I\'ll soon be re-visiting Inbred Mountain as I drive home from work.

TRAVIS: I HAVE SOME BONA-FIDE LEGAL QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW COLLABORATIONS BETWEEN ARTISTS (MUSICAL OR OTHERWISE) WORK. AS A FUTURE PROFESSIONAL ARTIST/NOVELIST, I WOULD LIKE TO LEARN.

ColonelDrakeSlunk

Okay, I got antsy and did a mock up sketch last night between 12:30 and 2 a.m. just to become familiar with the style of Buckethead and his universe.

I\'ll scan it and post the un-shaded sketch this evening. Then, assuming I can draw without ralphing on my sketchbook (I think I have the flu... *Erp*), I will shade the drawing, post it, and start another one.

By the way, what the heck is Giant Robot supposed to look like? He\'d be the main means of transport (and a heckuva ally in battle) if this acually turned into a videogame. But, *shhh*, I may have said too much already.

ColonelDrakeSlunk

Okay, so I don\'t know how to post pics on this board...

This poses a bit of a dilemma.

So, yeah, until I can figure that out, there won\'t be any pics for now.

*Grumble, grumble, grumble*

Mr_kro

create a profile on photobucket.com and then upload your pictures there. then it will give you a few different codes to embed with. you will want to copy the img code. and paste it into the text area on here.

ColonelDrakeSlunk

Quotecreate a profile on photobucket.com and then upload your pictures there. then it will give you a few different codes to embed with. you will want to copy the img code. and paste it into the text area on here.

Good Mr. Kro, you sir are a lifesaver!

I was thinking of the sites...what...um...oh, yeah, Deviant Art or...what\'s that one...Flickr as options, too.

However, Photobucket is much more fitting. Photobuckethead, yes?

Thank you for the tip. I shall create my account tonight and post (finally, thank the slunks that be) tomorrow!

Mr_kro

hey not a problem. Always a pleasure to help.