New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

favourite quotes

Started by d6, February 02, 2006, 11:43:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ella_mental

"So many go to bed hungry in this nation, yet cat food is full of tuna.  I can\'t help but think each time I go to the zoo and see those porpoises crammed into those tiny tanks, what a waste that is.  Butcher half of them now.  That\'s hundreds of lbs. of dolphin meat that can be fed to our cats, freeing up that tuna for our nation\'s hungry."

Lt. Frank Drebin - Naked Gun 33 1/3

nuff_said

"To transcend words and explanations means to break the bonds of karma and attain liberation"

-from The Tao of Physics by Fritjof Capra
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ella_mental

You know, the above quote got me thinking about what it means.  First, I do like the rhyme happening in it.

I\'m not familiar with the book, but the place I know that trancends words and explanations requires a great deal of stillness to stay in and a lot of patience to accurately listen to.

Either that, or I\'m there and gone before I know it and only realize that I was there later.

I suppose I feel like waxing poetic today.

nuff_said

i am who i love
i love you
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ella_mental

"Realize that which pervades the universe and is indestructible; no power can affect this unchanging, imperishable reality.  The body is mortal, but he who dwells in the body is immortal and immeasurable."

- Krishna speaks to Arjuna in the Bhagavad Gita

polishbucket

"Sleep is the best meditation."
-Dalai Lama

nuff_said

To flee is to live
To linger.... death

Låt den rätte komma in

Chris DiCicco

"Your full of food!"

Counter Clock World by
Phillip K Dick
The Exosphere  2013

ZQ

[size=18]"I choose to be happy!"[/size]  Zq\'s Mom     :-* ;) :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

ella_mental

"Truly the highest quality of a spiritual seeker is objective self-awareness without criticism."

- Swami Kripalu

ella_mental

"If you ever accidentally drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let \'em go, because man, they\'re gone."

- Jack Handey

nuff_said

"The ultimate tyranny in a society is not control by martial law.  It is control by the psychological manipulation of consciousness, through which reality is defined so that those who exist within it do not even realize that they are in prison." - The Pleiadians

Duckhead

don\'t think, thinking is the enemy of creativity - Ray Bradbury

don\'t trust a sane person - Lyle Alzado

don\'t lose your head. It\'s the best part of your body - Jimmy Snyder

don\'t take advise from people with missing fingers - Henry Beard

ella_mental

"Truth telling creates a higher and stronger vibration than ordinary language.  When you tell the truth, there\'s no pollution, only purity of expression."

-Swami Kripalu

Which I believe fully supports AC/DC\'s claim that "Rock and Roll ain\'t noise pollution."

Duckhead

A bumper sticker is kinda like a quote, right?

I love bumper stickers, in fact I am a sticker freak but that is a different story for another time. I saw this bumper sticker today and it hit home with me:

I wish I could relate
to the people I\'m related to

... and while watching Fast Food Nation the other night I was reminded of another bumper sticker I saw:

VEGETARIAN -
Old Hawaiian Word for Bad Fisherman

... and one I saw for the trekkies:

Very Funny, Scotty.
Now Beam Up My Clothes

There are so many good bumper stickers I\'ve seen that I could never quote them, or even remember them all. What are some of your favorites?