Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

why the change from thanatopsis to now a thanatops

Started by DragonSon, February 10, 2006, 02:15:22 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSon

dirtface

So Dragon,

Just what do you suppose is the meaning of and in the titile? Maybe that is the question you should ask yourself and then answer; to yourself I might add.

gkg

i think dirtface was trying to encourage young Dragonson (and others) to do a little research - it can be fun and enlightening...

it\'s been discussed here before...  "Topic: Hey Travis! a Thanatopsis related" and there are some outside sources of information that may give a little insight too - here are two quick ones off a search on the word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanatopsis

http://users.crocker.com/~lwm/thanatos.html
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

keagan2387

Geranyl

Ah semantics. I think the confusion is that what was being asked was: "Why change from \'Thanatopsis\' to \'A Thanatopsis\' ".

Travis

February 11, 2006, 02:43:38 am #5 Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 02:59:54 am by admin
Well, I\'m sorry for the serious tone this thread has taken. I was hoping a little fun could be had before or if I stepped in with my 2 cents. Thanatopsis is a poem, it is also a Thanatopsis. So is Anatomize, I was just playing with the meaning of the word. Veruca, I dearly hope you reconsider, you would be sorely missed here.
I know there has been some irritation with some of the threads here of late. I hope next time if some see a thread started that\'s irritating to you, that you just ignore it. A one post thread will quickly drop to the bottom of the stack, never to irritate again. If it is of some interest, then it deserve a civil response, or light hearted humor if you must respond. Nothing that goes on here is serious enough to get  upset about, well maybe in the political section.

A quick P.S., Dirtface, I don\'t want you to think I\'m talking about you, I know you were just encouraging a little self reliance. This should have been at the top of my post, now I\'m out before I only make thing worse.

dirtface

never thought that i (or someone else, like dragon son) would get condescending answers. english is not my natural language

I guess I was too harsh in my wording. I apologize to anyone who took offence. It was my mistake.

dont worry, u wont get bothered again with any posts of mine.

Again. My choice of words were wrong and they certainly weren\'t aimed at you. If you are intent on taking offence in a message meant for someone else as a means of stating a point then so be it. Point taken. I should have left the answer to the person the question was targeted for and I didn\'t. I don\'t know what else I could say at this point in time.

dirtface

QuoteA quick P.S., Dirtface, I don\'t want you to think I\'m talking about you, I know you were just encouraging a little self reliance. This should have been at the top of my post, now I\'m out before I only make thing worse.

Thanks Travis but re-reading what I wrote I can easily see that my tone was wrong. As you said, if I didn\'t really have anything worthwhile to say then why did I waste the electrons? My bad.

Change

February 11, 2006, 07:03:18 pm #8 Last Edit: February 11, 2006, 07:04:02 pm by change+suffocation
play nice  :)

I was rude to DragonSon myself, and that wasn\'t right.  Theres way more than enough negativity in the world already.  Veruca don\'t get upset , you know everyone on here repects you.... ;)

DragonSon

you know guys i don\'t mean to be posting dumb lameness,i just want to be apart of something instead of being quiet,as for you guys being mean or rude i deserve it i might not be like you guys wealthy and healthy but i am one hell of a person,you don\'t know me very well,many of you have black hearts but thats ok i expect the enemy to be everywhere i go,i\'m new to this board i\'m not an expert on what to ask but i just can\'t help it,i just type whatever,friends or no friends i\'m gonna be the one whos possitive,dragon son will not post anything but i will answer instead your posting.

caper

"How beautiful is the black lascivious purity
in the hearts of children and wild animals..."

-Victor Anderson
the map is not the territory

gkg

i guess the concept of research as fun and entertaining isn\'t as warmly received as i\'d hoped - sorry - but as English wasn\'t my first language either, i find it to be a wonderful way to master things and quite a fun thing to do...

anyway, Veruca, i am sorry you thought anyone was being rude or condescending and hope that you will reconsider.  :\'(
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

February 14, 2006, 03:30:05 am #12 Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 03:30:21 am by dirtface
QuoteVeruca, i am sorry you thought anyone was being rude or condescending and hope that you will reconsider.

I second you on this.

dirtface

Quote"How beautiful is the black lascivious purity
in the hearts of children and wild animals..."

-Victor Anderson

Nice ;)

DragonSon

cheese she lays on my morbid craze,feel her with cotton balls,blade her scalp and i eats her livers,eyeballs with juices,sledge on my hand,rip her flesh like some spider web.