New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

My Creative Outlet

Started by ella_mental, May 20, 2008, 10:43:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ella_mental

June 12, 2009, 05:31:28 pm #60 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:19:19 pm by ella_mental
Here is another garden pic.  This is my garden Buddha.  He keeps an eye on things out there.  The flowers are honeysuckle buds, marigolds, and another one I forget.

Chris DiCicco

QuoteI\'ve decided to do these little collage pictures with the flowers from my garden this summer.

The scarlet begonias in my planters this year are a kind of throwback to my hippie self.  The other flowers are fuchsias.

As I was walkin round grosvenor square
Not a chill to the winter but a nip to the air,
From the other direction, she was calling my eye,
It could be an illusion, but I might as well try, might as well try.

She had rings on her fingers and bells on her shoes.
And I knew without askin she was into the blues.
She wore scarlet begonias tucked into her curls,
I knew right away she was not like other girls, other girls.

In the thick of the evening when the dealing got rough,
She was too pat to open and too cool to bluff.
As I picked up my matches and was closing the door,
I had one of those flashes Id been there before, been there before.

Well, I aint always right but Ive never been wrong.
Seldom turns out the way it does in a song.
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Well there aint nothing wrong with the way she moves,
Scarlet begonias or a touch of the blues.
And theres nothing wrong with the look thats in her eyes,

Wind in the willows playin tea for two;
The sky was yellow and the sun was blue,
Strangers stoppin strangers just to shake their hand,
Everybodys playing in the heart of gold band, heart of gold band

there You go I thought this posty needed some lyrics b4 it got buried.

Chris DiCicco

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/g/grateful+dead/scarlet+begonias_20062383.html
The Exosphere  2013

ZQ

cool  :) Beautiful ella!!  :-*

Big HUGZ!  ;D

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

ella_mental

Quotecool  :) Beautiful ella!!  :-*

Big HUGZ!  ;D

Thanks ZQ.  Your lotus pic helped inspire me.  I think Wifebot mentioned something about gardening in a thread somewhere too...so thanks.

Here is a video I just finished.  My town had it\'s annual carny, which ends with fireworks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu8lGXhdzFw&feature=channel_page

My yoga class last night was an experience as usual.  When Yoganand teaches, he tries to create emotional disturbance with the physical challenge of the postures.  Then he encourages students to use energy and breath to reach beyond those self-imposed limitations.  He is really good at it and people react in different ways depending where their energy is.  Last night there was a lot of moaning and growling happening in the room.  It was a bit strange.  At one point, during a lot of intense moaning and growling my friend looked over at me...we may have been in down dog cuz I think she was upside down...and we both just started laughing.

ella_mental

June 15, 2009, 01:26:48 pm #64 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:21:11 pm by ella_mental
Here is a garden pic.  That gnome is from my party lights.  Those flowers are another kind of begonia, hosta, beard tongue, and another one I should know but forget.

My little girl is learning to talk, and if I didn\'t know any better, I\'d swear she\'s been saying headcheese.

eggman90

Nice! Nothing like a lit gnome to brighten up the day. He blends in well with his surroundings.

Lefty

awesom photo collages!  :o

i\'d like to see a buckethead tye-dye shirt
Erect Intestines

ella_mental

i\'d like to see a buckethead tye-dye shirt

I\'ll see what I can do and I\'m going to make it for you and it is sooo going to have the color yellow in it.  :D

ella_mental

June 16, 2009, 01:15:03 pm #68 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:22:19 pm by ella_mental

Surely you saw this one coming.  Those flowers are portulacas.

I\'ve been doing these as a way celebrating Summer Solstice.  On Sat. I found out about another holiday I think is cool.  I\'m going to make a conscious effort to celebrate it this year.  It\'s called Guru Purnima and it happens on the full Moon in July.  Apparently it\'s a great day to celebrate the Guru and receive wisdom.  I\'m going to give it a try, in my own way, and see what it\'s like.

ella_mental

June 17, 2009, 01:48:21 pm #69 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:23:36 pm by ella_mental
Any lover of tacky lawn ornaments worth their salt has one of these.  The flowers are stella de oro and orange daylilies.

nuff_said

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

Lefty

when i was a kid.  during car rides to pass the time, my dad, my bro and i would play a game where we would look for tacky lawn ornamants and get points for each one found.  those crysal balls, old lady in blouse bending over, pink flamingos, gnomes, and anything w/ a windmill, would be 1 point.
Jesus or Mary in a bathtub or shell would be 2 points.
Any holiday ornamant that was over a month past the actual holiday was 3 points.  

another game that i still play to this day is.  while walking into a store, if you notice a car in the lot w/ a lot of bumper stickers.   try and find the person inside who you think owns the car, based on the bumper stickers.

ahh...memories  ::)
Erect Intestines

ella_mental

^ Those games sound pretty awesome.  In general, I find the people with a lot of stickers are usually doing something ridiculous in traffic too, like cruising at 50 in the passing lane on the interstate or something like that.

I made up a game like the punch buggy game.  One day my nieces decided to play the punch buggy game and they were better than me at it and I kept getting punched so I made up the "mini van wood panneling" game and started punching back.  I tried to think of the longest possible thing to say to confuse them.

ella_mental

June 18, 2009, 12:51:56 pm #73 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:24:47 pm by ella_mental
Here is another pic.  I was kind of bummed when I realized that I missed my irises to do these collages because they bloomed earlier, but I put some bulbs in last year and they formed flowers a few days after I was bummed.  The other flowers are ageratum, and they are the Blue Hawaii color.  Also...there is a cameo by a spider.  I have more flowers to photograph, but it\'s raining today so I don\'t know if I\'ll be able to take any pics.

nuff_said

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.