New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Gorgone "the CD" is officialy released

Started by Travis, July 25, 2005, 08:02:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

The Gorgone CD \'s pre-orders have shipped and it is now available at the record store for immediate delivery. I\'ve extended the discount for those that ordered the download till 8/1/05. If you are interedted the details are here:http://tdrsmusic.com/gorgone.html

gkg

WOOHOO!!!!!!  :-* you ROCK, Mr. Dickerson, you ROCK!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

July 26, 2005, 03:13:07 am #2 Last Edit: July 26, 2005, 03:14:20 am by dirtface
Travis does seem like a most incredible person doesn\'t he.

Thank you very much Travis or do you perfer Mr. Dickerson as the formality is more than earned.  

Chris DiCicco

this is great news some odd timed Funkified Jams ALA greek godlike play on words WOW I can\'t wait!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Quotethis is great news some odd timed Funkified Jams ALA greek godlike play on words WOW I can\'t wait!

Chris

what I quote Myself, I was gravly mistakin my above comments were taken completly by the now lost preview track I had on my Computer... This Album is Fantastic ,does everyones CD cut off real aburptly at the end of Aftermath... Travis I Love Enter Gorgone uhm... 6:08 into 9:07 were it sounding like a battle between Keys and the Red Button and then a Battle with Pinchface... Siege was very odd but  likeable and the Album Gem Aftermath with Bucketheads Talking Birdlike Guitar :o :o :o........ I think I will have to Blast this one this weekend ;D I don\'t mean to start a wildfire of questions but when is Thantopsis 3 coming out, you said somthing about shirts too.

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

gkg

i\'m loving this!!  now i want a live show.  Thanatopsis, with Gorgone opening...?  waddaya say, sexy eyes??  pleeeeeeeeeeeze?  i\'m not alone here you know.   :-*
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

Travis

Yes, aftermath ends like that, it always does... We are working on Thanatopsis right now. It\'s getting close.

I \'d like to do a shirt when the CD comes out.

We talk about doing something live more and more, so maybe for this CD.

dtuck

I can\'t emphasize enough how much i like this album.  precisely the thing i like to see bucket doing.  pulling out all his tasty tricks in an improv setting.  the way you guys work together and the idea of music that you create, knowing when and when not to and where things are going to go and having it all come together like something that couldn\'t have been done any other way.  as for overlayed tracks.  i presume these are the bass lines on enter gorgone and aftermath.  travis on keys on the first and bucket on bass on the last, right?  or was that key bass line there first?  I listened to this cd 3 weeks straight, let a friend borrow it and haven\'t heard it since.  looks like its time to buy official one.

thanatopsis in North Carolina?

Travis

Glad you liked it. I know it\'s not for everyone.  I never intended it to be a CD,  just a download for fun so I\'m glad people are enjoying it.
The bass is an overdub but thats me on the Moog on the whole CD except for about 2 minutes at the front of Aftermath where Bucket plays some bass, then the Moog and bass play at the same time for a few then the Moog takes over for the next 12 minutes. I built up a couple of sections with
strings and Rhoades just to add some interest but for the most part the CD is us live.

Chris DiCicco

July 30, 2005, 03:20:52 am #9 Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 03:28:43 am by Chris
first off I acually know what your talking about what with Layering, amazing truly amazing and you said \' this was lying around \' ?
Secondly I gave my buddy his copy and he has sorround sound he was like "Whoa!" when I pointed at the dialbars on the stero system as Bucket does the talking/Birdlike Guitar thing.
Lastly about the Thanatopsis T shirt from Axiology, I didn\'t even notice it was gone from the store selecter area of the Webpage, I scared some Kids at work talking about the Poem it was from, this was fun...
what a fun CD!

Chris
The Exosphere  2013

caper

QuoteWe are working on Thanatopsis right now. It\'s getting close....We talk about doing something live more and more, so maybe for this CD.

hope springs eternal
the map is not the territory

Geranyl

I just received my copy today. Thank you so much for taking the time to sign it!  :D

dirtface

I returned from vacation to find a signed copy waiting in my mailbox! Thank you Travis. Thank you BucketHead. For both the music and taking the time to sign.

Live Thanatopsis in Wisconsin maybe???