New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

My Creative Outlet

Started by ella_mental, May 20, 2008, 10:43:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ella_mental

On Sat. I\'ll be taking a class with Yoganand.  He wrote the chapter about Swami Kripalu\'s yoga practice in the book Pilgrim Of Love.  I\'ve taken classes with him before and it\'s always profound.  Kind of like Bucketheadland, "When you come stumbling out, dirty and disoriented, you won\'t quite realize what a great deal you just got."

Lefty

June 10, 2009, 11:44:55 pm #46 Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 11:45:52 pm by Lefty
QuoteI\'ve decided to take up tie dying.  Must be the hippie in me.  My friend and I were talking the other day about being hippies.  She said she was the Earth type hippie with hairy armpits.  I was more the psychedelic type hippie.  
I followed the directions, but I\'m not sure how the dye will hold up after several washes because I\'ve only washed it once so far.  

If you pee on the shirt while it\'s being dyed (or afterward, not sure) the dye will hold up much better.  If you\'re not comfortable doing that, I\'m sure you\'re "Earth type hippie friend" wont have a problem w/ it
happy trails ;D
Erect Intestines

ella_mental

If you pee on the shirt while it\'s being dyed (or afterward, not sure) the dye will hold up much better.  If you\'re not comfortable doing that, I\'m sure you\'re "Earth type hippie friend" wont have a problem w/ it
happy trails ;D

Hmmm.  I\'ll have to check those directions again.

nuff_said

happy trails ;D

tie dyed P-shirt

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ella_mental

June 11, 2009, 12:19:22 am #49 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:26:11 pm by ella_mental
I\'ve decided to do these little collage pictures with the flowers from my garden this summer.

The scarlet begonias in my planters this year are a kind of throwback to my hippie self.  The other flowers are fuchsias.

ZQ

beautiful Ella!! Remind me of a kalidescope....coool!!!  

BIG HUGZ!!!  :-*

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

ZQ

happy trails ;D

Hmmmmm.,.. I think that salt added to the dye works just the same  ;)

Big HUGZ!  ;D

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

Lefty

yeah but, pee is more fun
especially when you\'re making the shirt for someone else
Erect Intestines

eggman90

^^Is that how Bucket\'s main roadie named his drumsticks? :P

ella_mental

This thread has really gone downhill.  Just kidding.

My dye is holding up just fine, btw.  I\'ll be tie dying today.  I\'ll post a pic tomorrow.

ella_mental

June 11, 2009, 02:23:45 pm #55 Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:27:46 pm by ella_mental
Here is another pic of my flowers.  Dahlias, foxgloves, and another one I forget the name of.

nuff_said

these are cool!  how, may I inquire, are you making them?
Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ella_mental

Quotethese are cool!  how, may I inquire, are you making them?

I go out in the yard and take a few pics.  Then I use Roxio...the same thing I use to make videos...and edit them.  The flower in the middle is just a regular picture.  Then I cut out the shapes of the other flowers and copy and paste them on.  I adjust the sizes a bit.  It\'s really easy.

nuff_said

cool, i need to experiment with Roxio - i\'m usually messin with PSCS3.  THANKS

ella_mental

Here are some tie dyes I made yesterday.  I trace the designs on with a Sharpie.