New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Sept 1st CD

Started by Travis, September 10, 2009, 06:59:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slunker

Cool, just noticed you mentioning that "odds & ends" cd! I love compilations of rarities, so this would be a treat for me personally. I hope you dust off them tracks soon, I can\'t wait to hear it.  :D

Ripplin

Seconded (at least) on the hopes for an "odds & ends" CD. Those are always fun!

Thanks for making these tracks available, Travis. Much appreciated. A solo album will be cool too. You know the score. :)

P.S. I love your signature pic, ZQ! Very nice.

Jowaxe

Travis, we\'ve been talking about a Travis Dickerson solo album for a while over at TK....its on our wish list!

That would be so cool!!! Highly highly anticipated!!!

Travis

Thanks everyone for the kind words and feedback.

OK, hear we go. For those who didn\'t receive a bonus disc on Sept. 1. Remember these were released as a sneak peak to an unknown project, and an out-take from an old one. I really didn\'t intend to let the cat out of the bag so soon.

The first track is from my solo CD, release date and other information will be announced later. The CD is still being worked on, this is an early mix.
The Track is called "Legerdemain".
Travis Dickerson-keys
Buckethead-guitar
Paul Ill-bass
Doane Perry-drums
Cameron Stone-cello
http://www.tdrsmusic.com/ccount/click.php?id=24

The out take we just called "Boomjam". It\'s just a jam done while working on something else.
Travis Dickerson-Hammond B3
Buckethead-guitar
Boombox-drums
http://www.tdrsmusic.com/ccount/click.php?id=25

For the time being, this is the only place I\'m going to post these links. I\'ll make more formal pages with more information when release dates get closer.

Oh yes, I am counting clicks so leave the click counter link in place if you would, I want to know before we crash the server just in case.

Jengamoose

Phydeaux_3

Thank you Travis! Cello! Real nice!!!

After seeing Claypool\'s latest tour (with cello in place of guitar) I\'ve developed a taste for this sound. I couldn\'t even believe that I didn\'t miss Ler\'s guitar parts, he\'s in my "top 3".

Buckethead
Zappa
Ler.

Real good stuff.

Thanks again!
smooches,
 » Phy³ . . .
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

Ripplin

Thanks, Travis! Not sure what you mean by \'click counter\' and all that jazz, but I\'ll look it up. ;)

jimmy906

i\'m listening to the first track right now
i like 8)
i can\'t wait for your solo cd :)

skidz

Thank you Travis
looking forward to the new releases  ;)

bunghole30

QuoteThanks everyone for the kind words and feedback.

OK, hear we go. For those who didn\'t receive a bonus disc on Sept. 1. Remember these were released as a sneak peak to an unknown project, and an out-take from an old one. I really didn\'t intend to let the cat out of the bag so soon.

The first track is from my solo CD, release date and other information will be announced later. The CD is still being worked on, this is an early mix.
The Track is called "Legerdemain".
Travis Dickerson-keys
Buckethead-guitar
Paul Ill-bass
Doane Perry-drums
Cameron Stone-cello
http://www.tdrsmusic.com/ccount/click.php?id=24

The out take we just called "Boomjam". It\'s just a jam done while working on something else.
Travis Dickerson-Hammond B3
Buckethead-guitar

Boombox-drums
http://www.tdrsmusic.com/ccount/click.php?id=25

For the time being, this is the only place I\'m going to post these links. I\'ll make more formal pages with more information when release dates get closer.

Oh yes, I am counting clicks so leave the click counter link in place if you would, I want to know before we crash the server just in case.

Awesome![/u] :D

-Thank You Travis ;) :)

slunkatron

QuoteThank you Travis! Cello! Real nice!!!

After seeing Claypool\'s latest tour (with cello in place of guitar) I\'ve developed a taste for this sound. I couldn\'t even believe that I didn\'t miss Ler\'s guitar parts, he\'s in my "top 3".

Buckethead
Zappa
Ler.

Real good stuff.

Thanks again!
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

I saw a band called Deadweight open for Les one time years ago and they had Drums, a Violin, and a Cello if I am remembering correctly.  They had  pretty heavy sound and were really cool.  As you said, Les\' album is also great.  I definitely approve of the use of a Cello.  

Anyway, I am really looking forward to this solo album.  The wide variety of musicians (including DJs) has me really intrigued.  And of course the released track is amazing.  

Travis, I think releasing the odds and ends would be amazing.  It ties in to one of the great things anbout you and this site.  You allow incredibly close interaction with musicians (especially you!) and I really appreciate it.  And I have absolutely no doubts when I order from here.  I have seen time and again how well you take care of your customers.  I also appreciate that and want you to know that I have never heard a bad word about you or this site anywhere.  Anyway, thanks for everything and I am eagerly looking forward to the releases.

Ramen

Amazing! Thanks a lot
Can\'t wait for the album! ;D ;D
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, The Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nightime magic and
imagination...

BubbaMc

Travis, I love your work mate and have been looking forward to your solo album for a long time.  It is most certainly not un-anticipated.

Thank you for these epic tracks.

doowhat

Thanks a bunch Travis ;D You are a fine human being who hasn\'t lost sight of what really matters in life...Cheers ;)

nuff_said

September 12, 2009, 07:02:15 pm #29 Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 07:21:23 pm by nuff_said

Muchos Gracias Travis and Friends!!

Can\'t wait to purchase these when they are released - love both tracks!  Really great stuff and clever track names to boot!

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.