New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Sept 1st CD

Started by Travis, September 10, 2009, 06:59:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

September 10, 2009, 06:59:37 pm Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 07:01:10 pm by admin
I\'ve gotten a lot of email and PMs about  this and some clarification is obviously needed. Last week a group of supporters organized a day to make purchases here as a show of support. I was very heartened that those folks would make an effort to support what we do I wanted to reciprocate. I happened to be working on a mix for an upcoming project and thought, well why not. I burned the mix and one other track that had been gathering dust here for a few years to disc and included that disc with a thank you note to everyone who made a purchase that day.

I should have thought this through a bit more before doing it.  I meant to show my appreciation to those that organized the day, however, by no means are those the only people that regularly show their support and I didn\'t think about the fact that those would feel left out.

The fact is there are many many more people who purchase regularly from here than those that organized to do so. By favoring those few that made an extra effort I neglected those many whose day in and day out support is why I do what I do.

So, I am very grateful to those that organized a day to show their support, I want them to be the first to get the disc that was sent out and I so appreciate the effort that went into that. After a few more days, when everyone who made a purchase on Sept 1st has gotten theirs I will post the 2 tracks for everyone else.

I really appreciate the relationship I have with all of you. The ability to make music, any kind of music without the constraints of a record company is only possible with your support and I am very happy with how that relationship is shaping the way music is made and distributed and I think it is very good for both the creators and consumers of music. So Thank you All!

OK, now, what is that on the disc.

The first track is off my much un-anticipated solo record. I have been working on this disc for years but songs kept getting poached off of it and became, Thanatopsis, Population Override, Chicken Noodles and Dragons of Eden.  I hope to release it this fall. The track on the CD is Myself,  Doane Perry on drums, Buckethead on guitar, Paul Ill on bass and Cameron Stone on cello.

The rest of the record will have tracks with Brain, DJ Bonebrake and Ramy Antoun on drums. Buckethead and my brother Lindy Dickerson on guitar, Paul Ill is the bass player, Cameron Stone on cello, Scarlet Rivera on violin and I\'m working on a track that will include Vince DiCola on keys.

The second track is just a jam I did with Buckethead while a beat box played behind us. I have a number of orphaned tracks that I have thought I might polish off and put out a CD of odds and ends. Since people seem to like this track I am encouraged to finally do it.

Check back here in a day or so and I\'ll post links to these tracks.

ZQ

THANK YOU Travis!!!  :-*

BIG HUGZ!  ;D

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

Jowaxe

Travis....you rock. You know we all appreciate everything you do for the fans!!

Ramen

Whoa, thank you Travis. You\'re wonderful, we apreciate a lot everything you do for us.;D

Ohh to bad I didn\'t purchase this day. :(
I purchased 2 CDs on the frist "tdrs 1st binge day purchase" (August 7th). I didn\'t had money for the Sept 1st (tdrs 2nd binge day purchase). :( :(  

Well for everyone who are going to get this CD, ENJOY it!
 ;) ;) ;)
Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, The Magic Kingdom proudly presents our spectacular festival pageant of nightime magic and
imagination...

eggman90

Awesome-look forward to it thanks Travis! :)

Duckhead

QuoteAwesome-look forward to it thanks Travis! :)

^ ;) Ditto!

Sounds like your solo album is going to be awesome, I am excited for it\'s release.

bunghole30

Wowzorz!  :o :o :o :o

Travis you rock!  :)

Cant wait to check these tracks out![/u] :D

Phydeaux_3

"everyone"?

As in everyone who\'s made a purchase at TDRS? I sure hope so. I like goodies!

Travis RULES!

smooches,
 » Phy³ . . .
smooches,
» Phy³ . . .

ilikeheadcheese

darn, i really wish i was able to get one   :\'(
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

Slaw_Slinger

"un-anticipated solo record"??? MUCH anticipated!!!!  I started coming here as I couldn\'t get enough Buckethead;  now I find I can\'t get enough of Travis Dickerson!!!!!  I can\'t wait to add this upcoming disc to my collection!!! ::)

Jengamoose

I didnt follow that support thingy too much, so hows this gonna work? everyone who bought something on a specific day will get tracks? or will i be able to buy the tracks on tdrs? or will everyone get tracks? D:

mind = blown

and why sept 1st? does that mean sept 1st 2010 ;__;

bigbri

Awesome news, Travis. I think I have just about every CD you offer, so I did not get the sampler. It will be nice to have the tracks on your sampler page.

I\'m very happy to hear about your solo CD. I love everything I\'ve heard from you, so it will be a treat.

The unheard stuff that\'s been gathering dust will be gobbled up by us, no doubt.

Thanks again. I love dealing with you and this site. Best experience I\'ve had buying music and dealing with the music industry.

Slunker

Cool Travis, you are the man!!

I wasn\'t able to participate in what was dubbed "Binge Day" for two reasons. The main reason was that I was fresh out of money, the second reason was that I already owned most of the music on the site. Sure, I could have grabbed a shirt or so, but like I said.. no money. Still, I felt I\'d supported the site a lot through the years, so I didn\'t feel bad in any way.

I felt a bit "left out" when I found out about the 2-track sampler though, made me wish I\'d bought something after all, didn\'t want to miss out on a couple of new tracks.. which is why I was very pleased to hear that they\'ll be available on the site as well. You\'re too good to us Travis.

And no, your solo album is very much anticipated, at least by the folks that visit your site. The list of people appearing on it sounds stellar, and I can\'t wait to hear it!! As long as I have the money for it when it\'s released, I\'ll buy it on release day. I bet it\'s going to be amazing!  ;D

jimmy906

^yep me too
couldn\'t participate on Binge Day due to no money :\'(
But!
this just made my day much much better :D
i love your stuff!
i can\'t wait :) 8)

ella_mental

September 11, 2009, 02:32:08 am #14 Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 02:32:59 am by ella_mental
On the second track, I love your sound at 3:30 Travis.  The two of you sound great!

p.s. Thanks.