New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead Signature Gibson Looming 10-31-09!?

Started by stumpdangler, October 05, 2009, 05:28:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

As part of Gibson's Rocktober celebrations, Gibson will also launch and promote Signature Series guitars from stars including Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath), Dethklok, Buckethead, Epiphone Triumph Bass & more.

http://www.gibson.com/en-us/Lifestyle/Features/hellfire-102/

Diatonic_mealworm

Awesome news. I will for sure buy one of these.. for stuff like this price doesnt matter to me ..let the cash fly!

Plus I\'ve always wanted a Les Paul guitar. I just  looked at a 2000 Studio gothic(all black) model and passed on it, so this would be perfect timing if it comes out soon:)

My guitar collection:
Ibanez Iceman..awesome!
Schecter Hellraiser
Jackson dinky strat. style
Schecter Jeff loomis model 7 string
*the Buckethead Les Paul would be the final guitar I will need :)
Fron son of lon.

fdsman

What ever happened to bucket\'s spirit of it\'s about the music and not the endorsements?
Where can I buy a luck bean?

stumpdangler

A signature model from Gibson is a huge honor. He may make some money on it, too. Or get a better deal on equipment. He had a brief deal with Jackson several years ago. Appeared in some ads, etc...I wasn\'t offended at all. Your mileage may vary.

Diatonic_mealworm

So can anyone confirm this? I\'ve looked online and called several local guitar stores and found out zero about the Buckethead Les paul...maybe Travis knows something?........ :)
Fron son of lon.

D

QuoteSo can anyone confirm this? I\'ve looked online and called several local guitar stores and found out zero about the Buckethead Les paul...maybe Travis knows something?........ :)

If you click the link in the original post its to Gibson announcement... I\'d call that confirmed.
Consideration and Intelligence have followed the passenger pigeon

That tiny net was sure-fire master!
Master: Yes, a tiny net is a death sentence, it's a net and it's tiny!

Trev_dog

Wow that is way coolio. ;D Good for Buckethead and the guitar could be awesome, I wonder if they will have it with 24 frets and if they choose to do the one with the white headstock (my personal favorite) that would be sweet, what would be REALLY cool is if they made the guitar body size to Bucketheads Specs.

Hopefully they make an Epiphone custom one for 500-800 dollars

beelzeBob

QuoteWhat ever happened to bucket\'s spirit of it\'s about the music and not the endorsements?

Dood, why don\'t you just go and sell yer whole BH collection if ya feel that way. Unless of course you downloaded it. If that is the case, then go buy the stuff.

The boy has to make some money some way.
Eye Feel Fine(d)
I Feel Find
I Fell, Fin.

fdsman

there\'s no way I\'m selling my bucket collection and no I haven\'t downloaded it, they are all "hard" legit copies.

I\'m just saying someone who toured with GNR can\'t honestly have cash problems. Someone like bucket has to be in it for the music not the dough.
Where can I buy a luck bean?

Duckhead

I\'m just saying someone who toured with GNR can\'t honestly have cash problems.
^that\'s a huge assumption and besides, wealth is relative.

QuoteSomeone like bucket has to be in it for the music not the dough.
^I agree. But I don\'t see this signature guitar as a way Big B will make money, it is an Honor bestowed upon him by a small faction of the music industry. It\'s apparent to me from the release of his last 2 albums that he isn\'t in it for the money. FF and NiaSS (imo) were made for the fans and for Big B himself.

If Big B wanted he could make albums that sounded like Jordon and Nottingham Lace and have more mass appeal. He could make tons of merchandise and be like alot of musicians who put their image before thier music. He could sell buckets and masks at shows and change his album covers so Walmart will sell his cds.
^that is what someone who is in it for the money does.

I\'m stoked for this new sig guitar, I hope I can get one.

eggman90

^that\'s a huge assumption and besides, wealth is relative.

^I agree. But I don\'t see this signature guitar as a way Big B will make money, it is an Honor bestowed upon him by a small faction of the music industry. It\'s apparent to me from the release of his last 2 albums that he isn\'t in it for the money. FF and NiaSS (imo) were made for the fans and for Big B himself.

If Big B wanted he could make albums that sounded like Jordon and Nottingham Lace and have more mass appeal. He could make tons of merchandise and be like alot of musicians who put their image before thier music. He could sell buckets and masks at shows and change his album covers so Walmart will sell his cds.
^that is what someone who is in it for the money does.

I\'m stoked for this new sig guitar, I hope I can get one.

Well said!

BubbaMc

This just in from Gibson HQ!

QuoteThanks for calling Gibson Customer Service. Gibson USA says that the Buckethead is due out in November. The MSRP has not been set yet. The body is 10% larger than a regular Les Paul. It is based on a LP Custom with multi ply binding on the top and binding on the back as well. They are white with ebony fret boards and the scale is 27 ½ inches long. It has open coiled pickups with white pickup bobbins and speed knobs. The guitar also employs the use of 2 "Atari" type buttons that act as a kill switch type of thing. One is located where the rhythm pickup volume knob is usually located and the other is located where the toggle usually sits. Thanks.

stumpdangler

hexaChord

Trev_dog

November 13, 2009, 11:56:24 pm #14 Last Edit: November 14, 2009, 12:00:09 am by Trev_dog
Its about time, I have been looking everyday for some news on it, I will need to go to my local music store when it comes out to see it and play with it.

Friday the 13th coincidence? I think not. Bummer that it has chrome hardware instead of the white hardware oh well still way excited