New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

In search of the

Started by stroke_my_chicken, September 24, 2007, 03:31:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stroke_my_chicken

Hi, i was just wondering what the ISOT box set was like. I was going to get it for christmas and i was unsure whether or not i would like the music on it and whether the sound quality on it is good or not.
So, are they good songs and is the sound quality good?

Just so you know what my idea of good songs are by him here the albums i have by him already rated out of ten.

Monsters and Robots- 8/10
Giant Robot- 10/10
Colma- 9/10
Bucketheadland- 10/10
Blueprints- 10/10

Any advise would be great thanks!

ZQ

Hope this helps... :) It is a summary of a review  I wrote after I had listened to Vol1 - 13 at least a half a dozen times...and I still feel the same way about it.  :D

In Search Of The...is amazing and magical to me...a mighty symphony slab...one name, 13 wedges, sliced into tracks...i like the map. I believe it\'s better to listen.... ISOT Vol. 1 (I) to ISOT Vol. 13 (E) in sequence...keep ears open...use your imagination, and take your time on this magnificent journey, it\'s great and full of psycho maniac treats, funky beats, bluesy melodies, outerspace sounds, disembodied delights. Some feel there are "filler" tracks...but i don\'t feel them that way. I find that everything is right where it\'s suppose to be, full of heart soul, and Buckethead magical maniac creativity...symphony.

ISOT is diversified, and changes lotz of times...traveling through space, robots, monsters, phantom\'s, surreal psycho insanity, darkness and bright light...losin limbs and then he soothes with disembodied delights...

In Search Of The...with our Mighty Ninja,
Master of Pure Imagination,
he\'s captain, comando, soothsayer and king,
he\'s saving is from dismal reality
again! i love this journey with
Buckethead

Big HUGZ!   ;D

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

minh

Great. I take it that it\'ll take me on a journey more so than trance music..lol :D

stroke_my_chicken

QuoteHope this helps... :) It is a summary of a review  I wrote after I had listened to Vol1 - 13 at least a half a dozen times...and I still feel the same way about it.  :D

In Search Of The...is amazing and magical to me...a mighty symphony slab...one name, 13 wedges, sliced into tracks...i like the map. I believe it\'s better to listen.... ISOT Vol. 1 (I) to ISOT Vol. 13 (E) in sequence...keep ears open...use your imagination, and take your time on this magnificent journey, it\'s great and full of psycho maniac treats, funky beats, bluesy melodies, outerspace sounds, disembodied delights. Some feel there are "filler" tracks...but i don\'t feel them that way. I find that everything is right where it\'s suppose to be, full of heart soul, and Buckethead magical maniac creativity...symphony.

ISOT is diversified, and changes lotz of times...traveling through space, robots, monsters, phantom\'s, surreal psycho insanity, darkness and bright light...losin limbs and then he soothes with disembodied delights...

In Search Of The...with our Mighty Ninja,
Master of Pure Imagination,
he\'s captain, comando, soothsayer and king,
he\'s saving is from dismal reality
again! i love this journey with
Buckethead

Big HUGZ!   ;D

GREAT! Now, where to get an original customised set?...... Does anyone know anywhere i would get one for about $240 that will deliver to U.K?

ZQ

ISOT will take you allot of places...through imagination.
I think it\'s allot of FUN and great music. Very creative...and spontaneous.

I can\'t say if it\'s "more so than trance music"...I don\'t know.

Hugz!  :)

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

stroke_my_chicken

September 24, 2007, 07:19:28 pm #5 Last Edit: September 24, 2007, 07:27:11 pm by stroke_my_chicken
QuoteISOT will take you allot of places...through imagination.
I think it\'s allot of FUN and great music. Very creative...and spontaneous.

I can\'t say if it\'s "more so than trance music"...I don\'t know.

Hugz!  :)

yes, but do you know where i can get it for $240 or less? (the original customised one)

superslidetail

This might be a big "duh" to me, but did you try ebay?

stroke_my_chicken

QuoteThis might be a big "duh" to me, but did you try ebay?

yup, i could find one re-creation for $200
and a original one for $1000

i dont have that kind of money.....

slunkatron

Honestly, if I were you I would use the money to get more of his other albums first.  You have an extremely small selection and are missing a ton of amazing albums.  Don\'t get me wrong, I love ISOT and this is not an indictment of it at all.  However, it is a bit out there and not as polished as some of his other albums.  I just think your money would be better spent getting a good base of the wide variety of albums that are out there.  You can start right here at tdrs and I am sure people will give you opinions on the albums if you wish.

superslidetail

Thats a great idea by Slunkatron.  I agree, you should buy his other stuff with the money you have first.

Welcome to Rossington Land

I agree with Slunkatron\'s idea as well.  Especially if you want an original.  Of course ISOT is amazing, but there is also tons of other amazing stuff.  Since you only have 5 cds, there is way more other essential stuff such as EMAC to get before ISOT.  Anyway, a lot of ISOT is probably a little closer to Monsters & Robots, funkier type stuff, which you rated slightly lower.

More people will start selling their copies eventually, just always keep an eye on ebay, and I doubt you will have to pay 1000 for one.  But you might have to pay more than 240 for it.  I know someone at tk had it up for 400 at one point.

ISOT is amazing though!
Stephen Colbert (To Charles Darwin): If you do not come back from the grave to be tortured to death, you sir, are a coward.

slunkatron

Plus, the $1,000 one is being sold by Zosod.  He seems to buy a lot of stuff from here and then sell it for way more on ebay.  I guess he is free to do it, but I find it pretty obnoxious, especially when a lot of the stuff he charges so much for can still be bought here for much less.  I don\'t like that he is basically cashing in on naive bots\' ignorance of tdrs.  It just doesn\'t strike me as right.  BTW, there is another personalized set on sale for $450 from someone else.  Travis might even be able to authenticate that it is a real set.

Jordanatron

September 25, 2007, 02:05:54 am #12 Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 02:06:24 am by Breastmeat
QuoteHonestly, if I were you I would use the money to get more of his other albums first.  You have an extremely small selection and are missing a ton of amazing albums.  Don\'t get me wrong, I love ISOT and this is not an indictment of it at all.  However, it is a bit out there and not as polished as some of his other albums.  I just think your money would be better spent getting a good base of the wide variety of albums that are out there.  You can start right here at tdrs and I am sure people will give you opinions on the albums if you wish.
I agree go right down the list dont stop there is so much here its awesome. and you should get some Praxis as well.
Be true to yourself you can't go wrong.
Mr Bocbacoc
ISOT-206 BP-17 DCK-228

minh

QuotePlus, the $1,000 one is being sold by Zosod.  He seems to buy a lot of stuff from here and then sell it for way more on ebay.  I guess he is free to do it, but I find it pretty obnoxious, especially when a lot of the stuff he charges so much for can still be bought here for much less.  I don\'t like that he is basically cashing in on naive bots\' ignorance of tdrs.  It just doesn\'t strike me as right.  BTW, there is another personalized set on sale for $450 from someone else.  Travis might even be able to authenticate that it is a real set.

Yeah, just saw his ebay stuff, and he does charge quite a bit for it. He even admitted that $1000 is way to expensive...so why charge it? Who\'ll buy it? We\'ll see!

superslidetail

September 25, 2007, 04:33:14 am #14 Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 04:33:34 am by superslidetail

Yeah, just saw his ebay stuff, and he does charge quite a bit for it. He even admitted that $1000 is way to expensive...so why charge it? Who\'ll buy it? We\'ll see!
Yea, he actually joined Buckethead.tk and there was a huge flame war over there on whether what he is doing is right or wrong.  Hes techinically doing nothing wrong, but morally people are up in arms over what hes doing.