New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Monolith, new 5 CD set from Death Cube K

Started by Wires and Clips, December 16, 2007, 09:47:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Slunker

Just ordered my copy/copies of the Monolith set last night, so I\'m hoping I get them as soon as possible with no altercations from customs.  :)

zintar

Just got mine this morning. Perfect. Thank you Travis and Buckethead. Peace.

Chris DiCicco

Quote1st or the 5th disc, I mighta gott\'m backwards.

sounds like Mothra, Darth Vader and Robert Fripp all trapped in a elevator shaft together.

I dig it, ***** stars out of ***** five stars.

plus exclusive Death Cube K/ Travis Dickerson Rubber Band...

:D
...don\'t tell Bootsy

Chris DiCicco

Disc 4 or 2
sounds like a pair a sweep phrased elephants some arpeggio(ed) water fairy\'s and some heavy duty crop duster fly by night.

sure is great! third level of the monolith later.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

disc 3 or disc 4
its a build up of robotic flurries, fast steps, silents (which is the most loudest music of all ha ha ha) and a mutational outro, all on a really wet floor.

Possibly more  will be found on the second listen.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Disc 4 or 2

silver coated wolf whistles stuck in a hyperbaric chamber suite conducted by Larva Mothra (this time) passages underground echoes thumbs stuck on organ, ends with dreamy guitar... hard to explain the end of this one.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

Chris DiCicco

Disc 5 or 1

Space, entrance to the garden of the repeating robots, the garden of repeating robots, unconscious in the garden of repeating robots, Monolith Entrance, travel into unto the outro.

Chris DiCicco

DIG DCK!
The Exosphere  2013

Slunker

Very nice little reviews there Chris! Really makes me want to listen to the new DCK even more!!  :o  ;D

ZQ

L-O-V-I-N-G Monolith!!!!  ;D Every BITZ!!!
It\'s NEAT-O cool too...
black as night and shineeee inside :D
No indication or hint of order  ;)
weeeeeeeeeeee! Death Cube K!!!

BIG HUGE HUGZ!  ;D

Joy follows a pure thought like a shadow that never leaves.

stroke_my_chicken

Im still contemplating whether to fork out $90 for this.......

zintar

QuoteIm still contemplating whether to fork out $90 for this.......

It costs $50.   Get it !!!!!

BHBoss

It costs $50.   Get it !!!!!

I think he might have to ship it out of the country, making shipping more.

Slunker

I think he might have to ship it out of the country, making shipping more.

Yeah, stroke_my_chicken is a UK bot if I\'m not mistaken, which means it\'ll cost a bit extra in shipping and a LOT extra if it gets stuck in customs unfortunately.

I got my set today, all over here in Sweden, and I was fortunate enough to get it through customs without it being seized, delayed and fee\'d. But you never know whether or not it actually gets stuck in customs or not, that\'s the thing. I was lucky, I took a chance and it paid off, but I can definitely understand his dilemma here.

zintar

My bad. Sorry. That\'s a drag, but at least it can be gotten.
For what it\'s worth, I really like it.   ;D  If you can swing it I\'d say, GO !

severedhand

how are you guys differentiating the disks.. none of mine are numbered..anyone think of creating names like those fellows from buckethead.tk?
would you believe I received mine a few days ago and have yet to listen to them hehe..just haven\'t had the time..anticipation is killing me though..

peace

Slunker

Quotehow are you guys differentiating the disks.. none of mine are numbered..anyone think of creating names like those fellows from buckethead.tk?
would you believe I received mine a few days ago and have yet to listen to them hehe..just haven\'t had the time..anticipation is killing me though..

peace

Well, I think all of the bots who have received their got them sorted in a special order from top to bottom, so the overall feeling seems to be that they are meant to be that way. I know for a fact that my cd\'s were ordered in that way, and I try my very best to keep them in that order.

If you\'re uncertain about what order they were when you got them, since I assume yours were ordered in the same fashion, just check the lengths of the tracks on the discs. If you want to follow the order everyone got them in, here\'s how you should play them:

Disc 1 - 42:18
Disc 2 - 40:45
Disc 3 - 40:04
Disc 4 - 42:04
Disc 5 - 43:56

I\'m guessing you could mix them however you want to, I guess that\'s part of the beauty of having the discs unnamed and unnumbered, but me.. I just couldn\'t go against how I feel the order they were meant to be listened to. Call it fate, or just call me superstitious, I just figured that\'s how Buckethead intended for us to listen to them since they seem to be pre-arranged that way in everyone\'s set.  8)

Oh, and I know some fellas over at TK actually went ahead and numbered the discs, put some minor marks on the actual discs and sleeves to be able to differentiate them, but that\'s not my style. I don\'t want to alter them in any way, but if you don\'t mind doing it.. well, that could be a tip I suppose.