New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Slaughterhouse and Diamond album repressings

Started by robotpie3000, March 21, 2010, 01:48:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

robotpie3000

ok i know that the Slaughterhouse and Diamond album are gonna be repressed like Crime Slunk Scene, but there is one thing i dont understand.

does it mean when both 100 CD\'s are pre ordered you wouldnt be able to buy it anymore if you havent pre ordered?

Travis

No, you would be able to buy it anytime after the re-pressing. However, if you don\'t buy the pre-order, it may never get re-pressed.

robotpie3000

But I was able to get Crime Slunk Scene a long time after it was repressed, so I think I would be able to get these two after the repressing.

But if it may never get repressed, does that mean there is a limit to how many CDs can get repressed each?

stumpdangler

Hmmm...I\'m pretty sure that if they do get repressed then they will repress more than the initial 100 to have them in stock for future purchases.

They are asking to have at least 100 to start with though.

Travis

March 22, 2010, 03:18:01 pm #4 Last Edit: March 22, 2010, 03:19:19 pm by admin
Sorry, maybe I wasn\'t clear. If 100 people pre-order we will do a normal pressing. Then those that purchased the re-pressing pre-order will get their\'s and the rest of them will go back into stock till they sell out again. That would keep them in stock for a long time. Here\'s the problem, if all the people who voted that they would buy the pre-order don\'t buy it, it won\'t be re-pressed then no one will have it.

So far only 5 people have actually purchased the pre-order. my fear was that many would vote but not buy. I can\'t hang on to the funds of those people who did buy it forever and at some point, if the real demand is not there, I\'ll have to return that money and re-pressing will have to be on hold.

So if you voted to buy the CD(s) it\'s important to follow through, that was the point of the poll, to see if there was interest in this to really do it.

Slunk_Lord

Huh, well it\'s a good thing I didn\'t vote then. I\'ve already got both albums, but that doesn\'t mean I won\'t support the re-pressing. I know other bots over at TK want it, but I\'m not sure how many of them actually know you\'re doing this.

Thanks for the update Travis.
Let your inspirations flow into whatever you do.