New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

repress out of stock CD\'s

Started by Travis, April 22, 2011, 05:20:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stumpdangler

It would be a lot of work to go through and remaster CDs with extra tracks or artwork etc... That use of time and resources would probably be drained from future releases.

An autographed digipak option  would be kind of neat. I might pick one of those up for myself or a gift for a friend.
At this point I\'m doing good just to keep up with the new releases as they come along.

SheMouse

I just want to own the CDs, so as long as I get a disc and something to protect it, I\'m happy. Even if they came in the little sleeves like Spinal Clock. Whatever\'s most efficient for you is fine by me.

I would love a few things signed by Buckethead but he\'s touring right now and I\'m doubting he\'d sign that many/just come at Travis\'s beckon call to sign things. Maybe I\'m just pessimistic. Who knows?

firefitz

Dammit Travis hurry up we are waiting we don\'t have all day now........... Gotcha, seriously just joking take your time trying to figure it out. By the way did i spell seriously right. It  looks wrong. I feel like a 42 year old spelling idiot.

Duckhead

I would love a few things signed by Buckethead but he\'s touring right now and I\'m doubting he\'d sign that many/just come at Travis\'s beckon call to sign things. Maybe I\'m just pessimistic. Who knows?

I was just brainstorming, It seemed like a better idea than my last one. I can see your pessimism but the optimist in me says otherwise. You\'re right that some details would need to be worked out. There could be 2 pre-pay options one for signed and one not signed. Those of us who pay for a signed one would just have to wait until Bucketheads schedule would allow it. But nothing is gonna happen right away - first Travis needs to raise the money, then order the cds, once he gets the cds some would be set aside for Big B when he comes to the studio next. It\'s just an idea that kills 2 birds with one stone, one being getting the out of stock cd and the other getting Big B\'s auto that many of us ask Travis for.

firefitz

SheMouse

I was just brainstorming, It seemed like a better idea than my last one. I can see your pessimism but the optimist in me says otherwise. You\'re right that some details would need to be worked out. There could be 2 pre-pay options one for signed and one not signed. Those of us who pay for a signed one would just have to wait until Bucketheads schedule would allow it. But nothing is gonna happen right away - first Travis needs to raise the money, then order the cds, once he gets the cds some would be set aside for Big B when he comes to the studio next. It\'s just an idea that kills 2 birds with one stone, one being getting the out of stock cd and the other getting Big B\'s auto that many of us ask Travis for.

I agree, it\'d be a great idea, and I would definitely shell out the money because I love Buckethead & think Travis is a great guy and deserves the money. But my main concern is that if getting hold of Buck takes too long, people are going to back out of their orders.  D: Or people would complain. I mean, we haven\'t even gotten the track names for Happy Holidays yet. Perhaps it could be a request for people who don\'t mind waiting (hardcore collectors and the like)?

Bucketfel

i think that you are way ahead of yourself.

I mean, no one takes into consideration the time that is going to go by from now till Travis has reached a desition. Plus, you have to add the time that pressing the albums would take.

Maybe after the whole process is up and Travis has them in the studio, Buckethead would have already finished up the tour.
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

JTSwagger

Honestly, I have no idea how to solve your problem, but I am definately willing to buy 1 copy of each peppers and shadows, I can pay in advance and wait, it really doesnt matter to me.  
I just want to own those cd\'s and not get raked over the coals by ebay.

koopatroopa

I would be definately in for a repressing of Peppers and Population Override, digi pack would be even more awesome.

robotpie3000

April 27, 2011, 12:50:35 am #39 Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 12:50:55 am by astral_traveler
digipak albums are so cool, i think they are way better than the jewel cases cause they are not prone to cracking.

Bucketfel

well, the ball is on Travis court now.

I think some of the ideas are viable but i hope Travis can share his knowledge of the buisness to solve the problem.

(if there is a Pepper\'s Ghost on digipack, ill have to buy the case one either way :P)
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

Travis

Ok, thanks. I see really only one or two who haven\'t gotten the original pressing looking to get one. As I said, I\'m not looking to resell to the same people who already have it. I\'m just trying to figure out if it\'s worth repressing for a handful of people who don\'t have  (insert out of stock CD here).

My options are to pre-sell, but that hasn\'t worked before and I don\'t see any evidence it will this time.
Perhaps with a pay what you want option, again that is really a donation to those who haven\'t gotten the disc yet and not supply and demand. This might work if enough people are willing to pay collectors prices to get a copy through pre-sale.

How about, disc only ( a pressed CD) , like Netfix. You print the cover and supply the box. Or just disc and printed goods, you supply the box.

Full 24 bit masters  and art work on a USB thumb drive.

Download only lossless with art.

Still thinking about it.

PawnBot

Or just disc and printed goods, you supply the box.
I like this idea i would be willing to do this for all "out of order" Cd\'s, the only thing about the just getting the cd and printing my own covers is it looks crappy (cheap printer) and i\'d like to have a good looking album.

Whats the prices on these options by the way?
(doesn\'t matter but just curious)
BR #560
SC #224
LE Art #203 - #197
LE Christmas CD

fuzzface

How about lossless download for $10, with the moneys going into a repress fund and when a preset goal is hit, all the the peeps that bought the download get the repress for $5?  Ends up being the same price for the disc at the end, but gets most of the money upfront to front the repress cost?  Something like that...

BTW - I have a few on-demand cds and they are pretty good quality.  Definitely a way to go for the peeps that missed the boat the first time around.  Ohm Resistance seems to be doing that with most of their catalog.
The Blood of Heroes cd came out last year and they already have an on-demand version out, so it looks like they are going to let the original go out of print and only have the on-demand available when the pressed ones are gone.  I really see this as the coming trend.  Most of the Bucket releases in recent years only have the 2-sided insert card in the front and this is exactly what most on-demand cds have, so the only real difference would be a pressed cd vs a cd-r (which can be printed on and painted on).  Too tell you the truth, the only way that most people are going to be able to tell the difference is if they flip the disc over and notice "cd-r" in the matrix ring...

robotpie3000

How about, disc only ( a pressed CD) , like Netfix. You print the cover and supply the box. Or just disc and printed goods, you supply the box.

Full 24 bit masters  and art work on a USB thumb drive.

Download only lossless with art.

Still thinking about it

im sorry, i dont understand this one bit. does it mean we have to buy the cd and artwork separately?