New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

6th Pike: Balloon Cement on ITunes

Started by DroidHunter13, April 17, 2012, 04:43:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DroidHunter13

Buckethead has released the 6th pike, "Balloon Cement". 12 songs of pure awesomeness.  ;D

BucketBrother

Awesome!!! still check pikes everyday, they should be there first!!!

dewclaw

Buckethead Pikes site is so slow because there is a little dude in India hand coding the HTML each time the page is hit.

DroidHunter13

I had sent the Pikes website an email asking when this will be pressed on to a CD, and they told me that it will be released as a CD sometime next month.

poulet333

just bought it, i love it ! "Replacement nail" is fantastic !!!

mrpancakes

Next month ?!?!? Ahhh... I don't want to buy it on iTunes. Guess I'll wait, thanks for the info though, DroidHunter !!

Space Bandito

I am one of the few that uses a Zune (hey it was cheap and holds a LOT of Buckethead) but they never seem to get any music first. This is going to be a tough wait. Any full songs posted on YouTube yet? ;)

PawnBot

Quote from: mrpancakes on April 17, 2012, 08:16:42 pm
Next month ?!?!? Ahhh... I don't want to buy it on iTunes. Guess I'll wait, thanks for the info though, DroidHunter !!

^^^ditto, thanks droid.
BR #560
SC #224
LE Art #203 - #197
LE Christmas CD

Bucketfel

Great, now i have to save for this one and the new Sigur Ros album ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

mrpancakes

Quote from: Space Bandito on April 17, 2012, 08:21:18 pm
I am one of the few that uses a Zune (hey it was cheap and holds a LOT of Buckethead) but they never seem to get any music first. This is going to be a tough wait. Any full songs posted on YouTube yet? ;)

Hey bro, you're not alone, I use a Zune too. ;) I just don't like Apple/iTunes.

MuldeR

April 19, 2012, 12:10:16 am #10 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 12:13:42 am by MuldeR
Hope this one will become available on CD soon. I prefer physical Discs much over downloads. And Apple/iTunes isn't an option for me anyway ;)

Can anybody describe the style of this release for me, please?
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

Space Bandito

Quote from: mrpancakes on April 18, 2012, 08:08:26 pm

It became available on the Zune today. I was extremely surprised and happy to be able to listen to a new Buckethead while driving.

For those who are waiting to purchase it here is the first 'song' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcvJFIAyDac as the album feels like one whole song broken up into 12 tracks.

DroidHunter13

Quote from: Space Bandito on April 19, 2012, 03:24:57 am
Quote from: mrpancakes on April 18, 2012, 08:08:26 pm

It became available on the Zune today. I was extremely surprised and happy to be able to listen to a new Buckethead while driving.

For those who are waiting to purchase it here is the first 'song' http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcvJFIAyDac as the album feels like one whole song broken up into 12 tracks.

Hehe, I just uploaded that! I will be uploading Red Water Colors next, and maybe Veil of Tinfoil and Replacement Nail.

Space Bandito

April 19, 2012, 03:49:56 am #13 Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 03:52:41 am by Space Bandito
 ;D Then thank you from the bottom of my Bucket. I looked on a whim and found it mins after you put it up.

Veil of Tinfoil is my favorite so far.

In Search Of The

Bought it off iTunes yesterday, played it a couple of times as it's only short, just over half an hour. It might well be the shortest one yet, but only just. It feels a lot like Underground Chamber - the whole album runs like one track and it's laden with effects and frankly terrifying guitar gymnastics.

My only criticism? Each time I hear a funky groove and really get into it, the dynamic changes and often the entire time signature does too. I'm not saying that's a bad thing because I love it when air instrumentalists get stumped, but there's some really brilliant bits here that last for about 8 bars tops and then it flies into this flurry of shredding. I dig shredding, don't get me wrong, but there's some serious binges to be had here.