New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead is an artist\'s artist?

Started by fdsman, September 11, 2011, 07:09:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

fdsman

I don\'t know if that makes any sense. But from my "studies" of letting people experience Buckethead, anyone who is an artist or has at least at some point in their life attempted to create music appreciates him. Anyone else seems to show no interest or a dislike for him.

Does anyone else find this to be the case?
Where can I buy a luck bean?

robotpie3000

so when you say artist\'s artist...technically you mean musician\'s musician right?

DroidHunter13

I understand what you mean, and i agree...people who play an instrument (most likely guitar) and write music are the people who like Buckethead. But there are probably a few people who dont write music that like him...I know a few people like that, one of them being my father  ;D

DisembodiedLoaf

I wouldn\'t say that. My dad played trumpet and piano for many years, but doesn\'t like Buckethead. Well maybe if he still did play those instruments or compose...

My grampa is SO stubborn that he wouldn\'t consider possibly thinking of even comprehending the action of opening his mind a little tiny teeny weeny tinsy bit to music such as Buckethead. He\'s stuck in his vocal music that has melodies that can be sang. He says ALL modern music is just screaming. He completely ignores what I say about the world of underground music.

And tons of Buckethead fans aren\'t musicians. Maybe half of them? I don\'t know, just a guess. I\'m thinking of the people who believe Meta Matic is the most amazing song and don\'t recognize certain details of songs such as stale riffs. Those people are probably why Bucket\'s setlist has been SO predictable this year.

JewliaGoulia

I agree in a sense (although clearly this isn\'t an absolute.)

Personally, I do not play an instrument or "know" anything about music per se but I LOVE (LOVE!) Buckethead. With that said, I am an artist and photographer. I think in some cases it is easier for those working in creative fields to accept and understand others who are creative. Those who don\'t flex their right brain often may tend to favor interests that challenge them less (as far as creative problem solving.) Although, music is very subjective and taste/aesthetic specific so it\'s really an individual/case-by-case basis.

Just my two cents.