New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Buckethead Tiki carving

Started by Duckhead, April 01, 2009, 07:05:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckhead

I never posted this, don\'t know why I waited so long to do it but here it is...

With a little help from my Uncle, I made Buckethead this Hawaiian Bucket-tiki. It stands 18" tall carved from one piece of koa wood. The hair is carved from red mahogany and there are about 17 pieces. The base is black ebony. I was fortunate enough to give it to him in person during toytime at the 11/15/08 Tempe show. During T1G, I got pushed kinda hard and the first piece of the hair against the mask snapped in half. I was kinda bummed but I taped it back together with a piece of black fabric tape that I peeled off the venue\'s amp. I think BH really liked it because it stared at it for a while before he flew it Giant Robot style across the stage then put it somewhere safe behind his amps before returning to pass out more toys.

I was so excited that when I went to take a picture of him holding it I accidentally pushed the off button and by the time my camera turned back on the moment was over. If anyone has video or pics of that I would be most grateful for a copy. (I\'ve searched youtube and nothing has shown up).

We didn\'t sign it nor attach a note but if I was able to tell BH anything, I would just say Mahalo Nui Loa (thank you) for your music and here is a small gesture of my gratitude.

Rammstein

LOL That\'s friggin awesome ! I bet BH has it in his room rite now sitting next to all his other cool toys .

eggman90

April 01, 2009, 12:19:50 pm #2 Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 12:20:24 pm by eggman90
Awesome piece of artwork and great story, except for the damage and camera parts. I have a feeling it\'s proudly displayed somewhere in B\'s abode. Very nice of you to do that!

ella_mental

Yeah.  That is really nice.  I would think tiki is something Buckethead doesn\'t get at shows very often.

Duckhead

QuoteI have a feeling it\'s proudly displayed somewhere in B\'s abode.

^that would make me one happy duck!

polishbucket

KrazyBucket1