New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Good book anyone?

Started by nuff_said, April 15, 2008, 01:13:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckhead

Just read a pretty hilarious book called "Confederacy of Dunces" by John Kennedy Toole - it\'s not a new book, infact I think it was published 20 years ago (and won a pulitzer prize), it\'s just a fun novel that had me laughing out loud more than once and it\'s rare that a book does that to me. I think some of you may enjoy this as much as I did so give it a read if you get the chance.

I also read "Adrift" by Steven Callahan, again not a new book but a GREAT survival story. This is a true story of a man who survived in a raft on the open ocean for 67 days, I found it fascinating.

next book I reading is back to the Sci-fi - gonna read Phillip K Dick\'s "Man in the High Castle" - I\'ll let you know if it\'s any good...

Chris DiCicco

next book I reading is back to the Sci-fi - gonna read Phillip K Dick\'s "Man in the High Castle" - I\'ll let you know if it\'s any good...

I just got that for a Friend of Mine its on the desk awaiting to be wrapped.

I just finished Philip K. Dick\'s Counter Clock World, it could have soooo much better, but the LSD Gas Bomb got to him and it just fades off........

things like the idea of disgorging, putting on whiskers and unsmoking a cigaret and how he describes coming back from the dead only to find you are for a claustrophobic state in the coffin.

other things that I had trouble with was his idea of Sogum, at first its disgorged then its smoked later in the book.

I Like PKD alot more so then Heinlein, sure he had that talking Cat but the rest of his stories just turned me off, forget what the title of it was but in the books future it put all mentally gifted people into a sort of commune separated by that futures laws and reactions were soooo Heinlein as so the back of the book said.

gotta get wrappin.
The Exosphere  2013

ella_mental

"The Serpent & The Rainbow" - Wade Davis

I actually like the movie too, but the end gets a little cheesy.

And apparently the soundtrack is harder to find than some Buckethead cds.

nuff_said

QuoteThe Softwire - Virus on Orbis 1 by PJ Haarsma

The Softwire - Betrayal on Orbis 2

these books are ideal for young readers but i\'m enjoying them as well, being so young at heart and all, hehe.  half way through book three - Wormhole Pirates on Orbis 3 - which just came out on April 14th - and i\'m loving it.  

http://www.thesoftwire.com/readergetyourprize/

you should be able to find these at your favorite bookstore or biblio :)

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

nuff_said

Bringers of the Dawn - Teachings from the Pleiadians by Barbara Marciniak

http://www.pleiadians.com/dawn.html

GREAT BOOK!

already started on EARTH - Pleiadian Keys to the Living Library and it\'s great too.  

Truth:  it's OK if they don't understand.  if you follow it, stay true to it, and respect it, you could be in store for the greatest journey you could ever imagine.

ella_mental

Please share some here when you find out!

Here is what I learned about the Nadis.  According to Tantric texts, the greatest sin a person can commit is damming a river.  Tantrics believe the outside world is an exact copy of the body.  Damming a river prevents vital energy from reaching it\'s destination.

I also learned that there are 108 points in space that coordinate with 108 shrines in the body.  Pandit Rajmani said the spine is the Milky Way, for example.

nuff_said

Here is what I learned about the Nadis.  According to Tantric texts, the greatest sin a person can commit is damming a river.  Tantrics believe the outside world is an exact copy of the body.  Damming a river prevents vital energy from reaching it\'s destination.

I also learned that there are 108 points in space that coordinate with 108 shrines in the body.  Pandit Rajmani said the spine is the Milky Way, for example.

cool

nuff_said

Earth - Pleiadian Keys to the Living Library by Barbara Marciniak

also, a GREAT BOOK!

eggman90

QuoteEarth - Pleiadian Keys to the Living Library by Barbara Marciniak

also, a GREAT BOOK!

I need to research this some more. What did she channel? Is it fictional or stream of consciousness?

nuff_said

I need to research this some more. What did she channel? Is it fictional or stream of consciousness?

she channeled beings from the Pleiades star cluster

nuff_said

Oops, halfway through the next one and forgot to come by...

Family of Light by Barbara Marciniak

ella_mental

From the Heart of the Lotus - The Teaching Stories of Swami Kripalu
by: John Mundahl
http://www.kripalu.org/shop/shop/Book/

I don\'t think it\'s the kind of book that is supposed to be read straight through.  I pick it up and open it randomly for guidance sometimes.

Chris DiCicco

Book of Hours is what I am currently fumbling over...

oh man this would make for a wonderfully funner read if Rilke was Pastafarian..

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
The Exosphere  2013