New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Bucketheadland Blueprints Track Listing

Started by Louis, June 22, 2014, 07:39:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

I've purchased the Bucketheadland Blueprints under the assumption that there was 23 tracks, which I knew the track names for. However, I now realise that there are in fact 57 tracks on the album! I haven't found any answer for this, nor have I found any track names for the 57 tracks, official or unofficial... Please, help!
Never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when your dead.

MuldeR

June 23, 2014, 01:08:29 am #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:21:58 am by MuldeR
As you have noticed, the CD doesn't ship with a track listing. So I think there's no "official" track listing.

And since this CD was taken from an old Demo tape, this makes sense. It's more or less a random collection of fragments/ideas, some of which were later used on the Bucketheadland album, but no finished tracks. Consequently, those "tracks" probably didn't have names yet. Wouldn't even be surprised if the original tape was recorded in one continuous rush. I think any track listing for this CD that you can find on the Internet was reconstructed/invented by fans.

Indeed, a quick Google-search will reveal a track listing that has "only" 23 tracks, but still the same duration as the CD (~60 minutes). So I assume they have simply split up the recording a bit differently than on the CD version.

[EDIT]

Also found this statement:
QuoteEven though the demo tape is one continuous track fans have split it into 23 "parts". The re-release version comes as a 57 track version.
My free software projects: http://muldersoft.com/

Travis

The 23 tracks was a total fabrication on somebody's part when it was first released. As has been mention it was just one long track. When we put it on CD Buckethead and I sat down as we mastered it and he called out where he wanted track numbers, so those are the official tracks. There are no names, just numbers.

Thorazon

I have the original tape and there's nothing on it but drawings. :)

And no segments of course, I digitalized it and cut it up in tracks which may have 'leaked' onto the internet. I have to look it up but I don't think I could identify the tracks so I just called them "Blueprints [#1]" and onwards.