New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

THREE New Buckethead Albums!!!

Started by mlgudead, August 17, 2011, 05:35:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

In Search Of The

Okay, now I really want to hear these. Interesting how such a long song captures your heart so quickly. :)

JewliaGoulia

Golden Eyes is good, but my heart lies with Look Up There. Great CD as a whole. :)

ilikeheadcheese

These Pikes are STILL some of the best Buckethead releases imo.  As of right now LUT has 47 listens in itunes  ;D

Thanks Buckethead!  
ISOT #921
Cyborg Slunks #397
Blueprints #405
Metatron Body Bag ed.
Painting 5 #96
Best Regards #298
Spinal Clock #349
BHL
DOTR
I Need 5 Minutes Alone
SOTS
painting 213
Greeting Card CD

kevindanielcahill

Does anyone feel like giving a fellow Bucketbot a review of the two new albums? I know I can always listen to clips of them youtube etc BUT iv bought them and would rather wait. Also I like to hear everyones thoughts. Cheers! 8)

robotpie3000

QuoteDoes anyone feel like giving a fellow Bucketbot a review of the two new albums? I know I can always listen to clips of them youtube etc BUT iv bought them and would rather wait. Also I like to hear everyones thoughts. Cheers! 8)

Well, Underground Chamber sounds quite improvy (if thats a word), think of it as Inbred Mountain mixed with Island of Lost Minds and a little bit of funk as a garnish.

Look Up There on the other hand, is pretty much like Colma, Electric Tears, A Real Diamond in the Rough, Shadows Between the Sky and Captain EO\'s Voyage mixed together with plenty of ISOT-like drum beats and jams like the one in Vol 5 Track 1, or Vol 2 Track 5, or Vol 8 Track 1. Oh, and there is a bit of shred guitar as well.

In Search Of The

Not received mine yet. Patient UK bot sitting on his tail patiently.

All this makes me wonder how many albums he has planned for this series? Not 13 surely? We\'re very lucky if we\'ve got 8 to come.

DisembodiedLoaf

To me, LuT sounds nothing like Colma or ET. Golden Eyes sounds pretty fresh, kind of like rock mixed with electronic. I can\'t quite put my finger on the beat or guitar. Well, guitar sounds like older songs, but nothing particular.

The title track starts out with some ARDITR-type stuff and goes into some very SBTS-esque riffs. They remind me of that album\'s title track. How it starts out minor and goes major. Very similar moods and riffs to Shadows between the Sky there. As for CEV influence, there are some spacy sounds on Look up There as well as a similar improv-type style.

BucketBrother

QuoteTo me, LuT sounds nothing like Colma or ET. Golden Eyes sounds pretty fresh, kind of like rock mixed with electronic. I can\'t quite put my finger on the beat or guitar. Well, guitar sounds like older songs, but nothing particular.

The title track starts out with some ARDITR-type stuff and goes into some very SBTS-esque riffs. They remind me of that album\'s title track. How it starts out minor and goes major. Very similar moods and riffs to Shadows between the Sky there. As for CEV influence, there are some spacy sounds on Look up There as well as a similar improv-type style.

Much more accurate!!!

In Search Of The

Got my slabs today. Underground Chamber is impossible!

deadite

did anyone notice that on 3\' clearance the track order is slightly different than happy hollidays. three headed guardian has been shifted from track 3 to track 9. i personally reckon it plays better in this order.
 i learned track 10 on guitar (only the riffs) and was wondering what the title of the track would turn out to be. Harpoon the goon. lol cool title.

robotpie3000

Quotedid anyone notice that on 3\' clearance the track order is slightly different than happy hollidays. three headed guardian has been shifted from track 3 to track 9. i personally reckon it plays better in this order.
i learned track 10 on guitar (only the riffs) and was wondering what the title of the track would turn out to be. Harpoon the goon. lol cool title.

yep it was the main talk for a few pages in the tk thread

In Search Of The

I\'m jonesing for more Pikes releases.

bigstu238

I\'m thinking it would be really cool to make a Pikes movie! That would be so cool!

Bucketfel

QuoteI\'m thinking it would be really cool to make a Pikes movie! That would be so cool!

I would like much more than a movie... I want a live DVD ;D ;D
He works on the farm,
He makes fun of me,
But thats the lats thing youll see,
Cuz im gone use him for something that you wont understand

Spinal Clock #199
Holiday Album

DroidHunter13

I would like much more than a movie... I want a live DVD ;D ;D
I would like a live DVD, too. There might even be one, too, because P-sticks was filming the Foxboro show when i was there...and i think a few other shows in this tour were filmed, too...so hopefully theres gonna be a new DVD!  ;D