New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

asshole

Started by northwoodsdrummer, May 08, 2006, 01:26:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfolkie

Yeah, well, sometimes it helps to actually SAY it, you know? Know thine enemy...
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

nice to know i\'m not alone in my sad view, then again, i sort of wish i were, you know?   :-[
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

oldfolkie

Oh I know, alright. Thing is, if you guys go down, you won\'t go alone. And I\'m not just thinking of us up here in the white part of your weather maps. It\'s going to affect the planet.

Look on the bright side though, they\'re up to their asses in alligators right now (*thinks, Rove indictment imminent*). If this goes on, mid-terms are not going to be a pushover. Maybe there\'s hope?

gkg

oh, there\'s always hope, dim though it may seem at times... it just requires action and thought beyond the soundbite.  that\'s the hardest thing at times.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

QuoteLook on the bright side though, they\'re up to their asses in alligators right now

So, that must explain this snap. snap ;)
QuoteIf this goes on, mid-terms are not going to be a pushover. Maybe there\'s hope?
Lets not forget all the flap over voting irregularities. Surely you realize the poles are never right. Why I bet I can site some very reliable sources on this one. Say, What was that name you mentioned again? Can you see how this is shaping up? The poles are already  wrong so how can you possibly expect the exits to be right come mid terms. Round and round we go and even if you are dizzy......

Besides, what does a man who is likely to be charged with a serious crime really have to lose?

dirtface

QuoteYeah, well, sometimes it helps to actually SAY it, you know? Know thine enemy...

Sorry if that sounded snide. I really didn\'t mean it to. Lets just say I am a bit touchy on the subject.

oldfolkie

Never mind, dirtface, I think we\'re all getting pretty sensitive about the mess. Whether within or without your borders.

I\'m with gkg, though, I have to believe there\'s hope. Voting irregularities, spin doctors & outright cheating & lying to the contrary notwithstanding. So maybe I get a little too happy when something fairly small goes down. I just think to myself that something is better than nothing, even if it\'s small. A whole lot of small somethings can add up. At least, I hope so ;)

gkg

Rove has a great deal to lose, but i believe what John Dean said, which boils down to either he knows the fix is in and nothing\'s going to happen, or someone is protecting him from reality.

it does help to recognize your enemy, but you also have to have enough people agreeing that they are the enemy to get anything to happen.  we must all keep raising voices our loud and clear, waging the truth and wading into the deep and murky to find it.
Peace.