Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

NOLA, and other disasters

Started by oldfolkie, September 02, 2005, 05:11:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfolkie

What a lovely illustration for such a scary thought... :o

Of course, I\'d be in total denial if I said that thought hadn\'t crept across my mind\'s horizon.  ::)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

nothing is too terrifying to be believed as possible - i get knocked on that painting though, for being to "cheerful"...  then again i\'m too gloomy in others... sigh...

lovely to see your work on PAW\'s site too!!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

Comon! That is a simply wonderful painting! I think you captured the very essence of the "What A Big Joke It All Is" nature of the subject. Do you mind if I borrow a copy of the bitmap gkg?

gkg

Quote...you captured the very essence of... "What A Big Joke It All Is"...
Thank you!

sure, depending on whatcha wanna use it for i\'m all for loaning it to ya - maybe PM me if it\'s a private or detailed thing?
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

Nothing much. I just like it want to have the opportunity to proudly display it on my PC from time to time. It will not be distributed by me and I will not post it anywhere. Then again, you already did which basically puts it out there anyway...

gkg

LOL!! it\'s out there to be viewed and sure, you can put it on your PC for viewing...

i know you understand, but for others who might not, just as the music on the web is not for resale or use without credit and compensation, art posted on the web is not free of copyright.  that\'s why when i post and image i do it from my site and not a freedumpbucket, so that my copyright remains tied to the image.
Peace.

gkg

http://www.picassodreams.com/

this site has a lot of interesting things, including eye witness accounts in NOLA and a good list of FEMA blocked relief efforts... worth a good long browse.
Peace.