New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

oh lovely

Started by svale, June 28, 2005, 11:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

svale

WASHINGTON - The Bush administration has authorized the sale of 25 Avenger anti-aircraft missile launchers to Egypt, calling its ally "an important force for political stability and economic progress in the Middle East."

remove word \'force\' and insert word farce  :\'(
happy trails,
SV

spencer

I know this is probably a silly question, but if we choose to launch war on someone now, shouldn\'t it be Iran or North Korea and not Iraq?  

Even then though, who the hell are we to impose our force on everyone else?

This is why I don\'t like politics, cuz there\'s two sides to anything and there\'s no way of conversion.  It\'s just a thought process that keeps us separated.   I mean, involvement in Iraq to the majority of the people on the board would be terrible.  However, ifyou go to a major republican state they\'d probably be happy about the involvement.  And these differences keep us separated from ourselves as well as from other places.  In essence, politics and thought keep the world apart.

But even then, if someone imposed their thought on everyone a la 1984, the world would still suck.

.... Politics suck.  :P ::)

gkg

politics are what keep the world organized - and the only way to keep them moving in the right direction is involvement of people like yourself - those with no aspirations or axe to grind - don\'t turn away from politics just because it\'s ugly.  that\'s how the bastards get away with things like this war.
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved