New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Chris Moss\' NEW MUSIC

Started by CMA, November 23, 2004, 10:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CMA

November 23, 2004, 10:05:45 pm Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 10:07:19 pm by Chris_Moss
In Future i\'ll dump in All my music that i make available for download from the huzzi or just random music i will just post to links up on this topic. so you might get random Tdrs forum Exclusives. so in a few months you\'ll be able to downlad and burn your very own Chris Moss cd..Oh the joy!

To start with i have a new song, Called "Bastard Theft".

Chris moss: My Friends car got broken into and stole a pair of sunglasses and one of my cassettes and some throat sweets... so i dedicated this to my friend.

http://iminthehuzzi.tripod.com

gkg

that\'s great stuff!  

:-[ sadness for Caleb though - what pissers people can be!!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

CMA

November 24, 2004, 09:58:57 pm #2 Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 10:10:49 pm by Chris_Moss
This is Exclusive to TDRS. This is one of my College Assignments, so i thought i\'d share it with all. This is only the rough copy so no need for spelling or grammer corrections.

Assignment 2: "Emotion"

By Chris Moss

Entry: Ardor
Function: noun
 Definition: enthusiasm
Synonyms: avidity, devotion, eagerness, earnestness, love, feeling, fervor, fierceness, fire, gusto, heat, hot pants, intensity, jazz, keenness, oomph, passion, pep talk, spirit, turn on, vehemence, verve, warmth, weakness, zeal, zest, zing.

I chose Ardor as my emotion, and i call this piece "Ardor Vantriliqusit X Rated Gluttony". To Most this wont actually sound like Ardor or any of the above, but there are many ways you can describe Ardor, weather it be a soft flowing chordial movement or 40000hz of white noise. it\'s in how you see things. On my perticular piece i used some Ambient Samples i Recorded while sitting in The Royal Bournemouth Hospital foyer last year and used a 2 minute sample of that for the foundation of the song. The second sample i used was a Sound of a Boeing 747, i was actually sat on the plane going to chicago from florida, and i, again, had my sound recorder on me and i thought it would be fun recording the take off as there are some very intresting and fun frequencies flying around in that pressurized cabin, and you can acutally hear the throbbing pich you hear when your sat on a plane, great. The 3rd sample i used was a Sample From an Adult film called "Fantasia", I felt this was a great sound to use for this slected emotion, the 3rd was white noise I created on a tone generator, right at the end i changed the pitch of the sample up 20 times a second and slowing it down as slow as i could thus creationg a "musical sound" which technically isnt one. When i first Approached this track i didnt want a stroy based theme, i wanted to let peopel have there own perspective on the soundscape, one of the things i wanted it to do was climax, (which is why i thought the jet plane sample and the woman would be amazing to use) so i stretched and changed the pitch on certain Samples such as the woman and latter the white noise, I felt i achived the climax state i was aiming to create. The Reason why i Chose to do such an Abstract Soundscape for the emotion Ardor is: 1. I wanted to go against the grain and do somthing diffrent to what people feel love is all about. 2.I Wanted to see if people would dig the sound and releate it to love. 3. Not totally destroy the emotion but get a diffrent feel to it which still can be described as the emotion in discussion. As for Effect which i used on this piece i wanted minimum effects and just let the samples have it\'s own Raw personalality, Apart from all the normal effect such as Reverb and delay, the one Production technique i did use more then the rest was time & pitch stretching, the distortion was made by adding +12dB to the sound and then turning down the volume on the mixer at the end.

Word count: 509 words

Chris Moss # 9610453

Copy and paste this into your browser, Wicked!
http://bradstrikker3.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderfiles/ardorvantriliqusitxratedgluttony.mp3

gkg

Woohoo!!

thank you for posting not only the piece but the essay that goes with it - LOVED reading what was behind the decisions you made in this piece.

should send you some sound clips sometime - need to finish the damn robot first though.  speaking of assignments...  nah, wait until i send the painting first, eh?

again - WOOHOO!! Ardor baby - love it!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

CMA

so what are your thoughts on the Direction i went, to recreate the sound of love?

gkg

i think you may have a typo in the link because i am not getting there - loved the essay and have been trying to get to the piece, but i just can\'t seem to get there... this is not my fav kind of love - i\'m a total gratification person, so please, fix the link?  i\'m dyin\' on the edge here!!!
Peace.

CMA

November 24, 2004, 11:09:48 pm #6 Last Edit: November 24, 2004, 11:11:42 pm by Chris_Moss
copy and paste the link into the address bar, if it dont work try this link

http://bradstrikker3.tripod.com

also im a loving person but it\'s nice to have more then one perception of "love"  ;) dig?

gkg

i got there - - dunno why the other wouldn\'t work but i was listening to this when you posted the other way in.

i really like it - not sure where it falls in the realm of love but it certainly falls well into the realms of ARDOR.
[glb]
HOT![/glb]

of course - i like that.   ;D

:-*
Peace.

CMA

i just tried to cause Chaos, i only picked out love from ardor..because people think of pink and hearts and cupid. and it totally resets peoples perceptions about it. even tho i composed it  the high frequenice bit at the end still makes me jump everytime. so i guess it worked on me  ;D , i\'ve got to show it to the class tomorrow, the joys. ::)

also it\'s not my Average song, and as it is a college assignment  i had to do it, and becaus eofthis it wont be added to the huzzi or have anything to do with anything, apart from the assignment and people who want to hear EVERYTHING i ever do, silly people. :P

gkg

and you know i\'m on that list...   :o

message from the Max - tell him it\'s a very sexy piece

sure meets my standard of expression of love  ;D

Peace.

gkg

i can blame you if i wanna!  :o

seriously - looking forward to the sunday update!!
Peace.

CMA

November 27, 2004, 02:24:10 am #11 Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 02:25:00 am by Chris_Moss
Im currantly on a small little music break, because the last 2 tracks i did (not including the College track) Knocked me out 6 and well, i thought a nice rest will do me good. so over the weekend im going to watch tv for as long as i can, smoke roll ups and eat pasta, and possiblly some kind of Fish and chips if i can afford it! Though, i might play some guitar.

I Think the sunday update of the huzzi will be one of my oldest recordings..if i can find it, well i\'ll try and slam the oldest track i can find up. it\'ll defiantly be a guitar ripper track! i might sing in Spanish as well. Oh So dont blame me if the quality is crap! Saying that i might put up a Old Fletch lives project Song, back from the days of cassettes and crates of beer and and a Whoel lot of RAWNESS!.

Alternitvely i\'ll put up what-ever people want to hear..so GKG and Folk im looking at you here, what do you want to hear?

-Casette (raw - Pre 2001) or CD (2001+ & Quality)
-Fletch lives project - Chris moss - Religous Caveman Band -
-Vocals / Instrumental
-Shred solos - Lo-fi solos
-Circus / organ music (1 FLP ONLY)

Or just whatever you wanna hear!! arrghh!!!!

Y\'all have till sunday to decide.

CM

caper

To start with i have a new song, Called "Bastard Theft".

Chris moss: My Friends car got broken into and stole a pair of sunglasses and one of my cassettes and some throat sweets... so i dedicated this to my friend.

http://iminthehuzzi.tripod.com
i like Theft Bastard better :P
That was very Refreshing, like taking a long hot shower to wash off an unpleasant experience.  the sound was very watery, kinda drippy like a downpour.
didnt you say yur new direction was antidance? fyi i was bobbing like a buoy and might have danced a bit if i wasnt still so groggy :)
the map is not the territory

CMA

November 27, 2004, 05:22:49 pm #13 Last Edit: November 27, 2004, 05:25:42 pm by Chris_Moss
anti dance? nah, i like to Corrupt disco beats. make it all weird like...but it took it\'s toll last time i did a beat splicer track...so im dead for this weekend.

and as for watery feeel, i can understand.. but it\'s mainly Acid Bass lines...im going to try and do a Very Acid track maybe some time soon. it\'ll be like water running out of a tap/fossit

caper

Quoteanti dance? nah, i like to Corrupt disco beats. make it all weird like...but it took it\'s toll last time i did a beat splicer track...so im dead for this weekend.

and as for watery feeel, i can understand.. but it\'s mainly Acid Bass lines...im going to try and do a Very Acid track maybe some time soon. it\'ll be like water running out of a tap/fossit
beat splicer track corruption weird dead disco dance. you mean like when the tap is blasting full open? that is intense. i like the idea of Acid Bass and Acid tracks.  im guessing that Acid is something you add electronically to the mix?  i am clueless right now that way
the map is not the territory