New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

first post

Started by firefitz, October 26, 2010, 10:47:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

firefitz

just wanted to say hi and have a little request. i purchased shadows.., best reg.., crime slu.., and electric tears. i am looking to buy 3 more. having a hard time deciding, i like them all. so i will let all of you bots decide for me. thanks peace out.

Boxenstien

Blueprints #220
Best Regards #64
BHL Art #6
Spinal Clock #3

Jowaxe

Yup, IM and EMAC are must haves....and wait for Travis to post Captain EO\'s Voyage and get that too! Its killer!

Duckhead

...and don\'t hesitate with any of the Thanatopsis albums - Anatomize is my favorite - Running After Deer is also a great album imo.

Slaw_Slinger

Welcome, Firefitz!!!
Don\'t forget Population Override

Zednaught

Well, Pepper\'s Ghost is probably my favorite.  I also agree with waiting for Captain Eo-of of my favorite albums in quite awhile.  Thanatopsis is worth getting into, too.

firefitz

sweet keep listing them  i will choose the ones most requested. i know i can\'t go wrong with any of them, but i figure i make it fun. i will give it a couple days. rock on

TheNose

Inbred Mountain, Population Override and Decoding the Tomb of Bansheebot.

Welcome to the TDRS forums firefitz!  ;D
"There are many ways to get from the bottom to the top... it's kind of like digging a hole."
-Herbie

kevindanielcahill

Depends on what you want man. Id say defo get, Inbred Mountain, Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock anddddddd Population Override, maybe even Peppers.
But definetly get Elephant mans! its one of the best, Lurker at the threshold!? HELLO!!!!

firefitz

QuoteDepends on what you want man. Id say defo get, Inbred Mountain, Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock anddddddd Population Override, maybe even Peppers.
But definetly get Elephant mans! its one of the best, Lurker at the threshold!? HELLO!!!!
lurker?? just found this website, just signed up, and posted for the first time. does that constitute as a lurker?

TheNose

lurker?? just found this website, just signed up, and posted for the first time. does that constitute as a lurker?

:)  He meant the Buckethead song (series of songs) "Lurker at the Threshold Pts. 1-4" is on \'Elephant Man\'s Alarm Clock\'.  Song is epic.  
"There are many ways to get from the bottom to the top... it's kind of like digging a hole."
-Herbie

firefitz

lol. what a dumb -ss. i should give up my buckethead man card if i couldn\'t figure that one out.

slunkatron

It really depends on  what you are looking for.  EMAC is very similar to CSS.  PG and DTTOBB are both heavy albums with great flow.  Population Override is a really chill wedge with some amazing noodling.  It is one of my favorite albums by Buckethead as I can always listen to it and enjoy it.  Oh, Chicken Noodles I and II are also noodley albums.  I prefer I over II but both are great.  The first might be my favorite album ever to drift off to sleep to.  Hmm...Inbred Mountain might be the most genius album Bucket has ever released.  That thing is a crazy ride from start to finish.  CCOH and Kaleidoscalp are both heavy as hell and awesome.  Tell us what you are looking for and it is easier to make recommendations.

Whale_On_This

Aside from IM, EMAC and Population Override, you could pretty much just pick three at random and be fine.

firefitz

not looking for a specific style of playing. i like it all. i figured i would add up the ones most listed and go with those, for fun.