New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

FOR MR.B - How to Overcome Evil

Started by svale, August 17, 2005, 12:15:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

svale

I came across this blog today, under a singer/songwriter called "LeeSun"  You may not agree with all of it, but I think it\'s really cool.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Overcome evil with good.

I had a chat with my dad yesterday who asked me to pass on the following advice to GW Bush:

---------------
Let love be without hypocrisy.

Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse. Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another. Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble. Do not be wise in your own opinion.

Repay no one evil for evil. Have regard for good things in the sight of all people. If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all people. Beloved, do not avenge yourselves, but rather give place to wrath; for it is written, "Vengeance is Mine, I will repay," says the Lord. Therefore

"If your enemy is hungry, feed him;
If he is thirsty, give him a drink;
For in so doing you will heap coals of fire on his head."

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
-------------

Mr GWB, the truths of Christianity are actually very simple to understand. If you want help in figuring out how to apply the above directions (as taken from the book of Romans, in the Holy Bible) to your "ministry" to your enemies, please drop me a line and I will refer you to some people who love God more than power. They will be able to help you if you listen.
happy trails,
SV

oldfolkie

Have a listen to Eliza Gilkyson\'s song "Man of God"

"those ain\'t the teachings of a man of god;
those ain\'t the preachings of a man of god"

Wonder who she\'s talking about...?  ::)
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

svale

wow - she\'s awesome!  just listened to some of the clips - Man of God is right on.  Maybe one day she\'ll head out west to Victoria!    
happy trails,
SV