New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Be aware of fake NTTs from Singapore

Started by hexaChord, May 28, 2009, 10:31:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hexaChord

July 20, 2009, 06:30:54 pm #15 Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:47:07 pm by hexaChord
Quotealso "NTT records" i\'m sure is an Asian company anyway.

(...)

Also Hexacord do you own one?  if not i suggest you buy one and end your suffering  ;D

No, NTT is from the U.S.:
It\'s Pete Scaturro\'s tiny label in Santa Monica and the CD actually says "Made in the U.S.A." and also "Printed in Canada"...

And, yes, I\'ve taken my own copy as a reference. ;-)

slunkatron

And, yes, I\'ve taken my own copy as a reference. ;-)

Show off.   ::)

hexaChord

Nothing special, every fan has one - some are even real.  :P

whome

Hex
What evidence do you have, other than suspicion, that any of the current NTTs may be fake??
Do you have any proof whatsoever?
Have you compared them? Other than the sellers being from Singapore, what would lead you to assume they are fake?
I\'ve been following and buying them since 2000 and have seen no increase in the quantities sold.
It appears that you are only tracing the ones sold from Singapore??
I\'ve owned four copies. All purchased 2007 or earlier.
I think one was purchased from Japan, one from Europe and two from US, one sealed.
I now have only the sealed copy (from Amoeba in California) so I can\'t add any descriptive info.
But the other copies I have owned were identical.
I have seen nothing that would make me call shenanigans.
I buy and sell lots of media. I inspect carefully and I can usually tell fake media when handling.
First and most important sign is poorly printed, sometimes photocopied inserts or booklets. AND usually it is sealed, as they can get more $ for it that way.
I am not saying you are wrong.
Please tell me how they are fake.

chrissy

(also posted same msg at .TK)

hexaChord

Answered at TK, but just have a look at this thread and the one on TK for all the evidence collected so far.

BloodBucket00

QuoteAnother NTT popped up:
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250511835140

Likely another fake!

Hi, new here (though I\'m familiar with store and have bought practically all my Buckethead and/or related artists-projects\' CDs from here since discovering the site/facility), just wanted to point out that this is/was the copy/listing I nearly got suckered into purchasing (on 2nd chance offer, for £100). Thanks to Hexachord\'s submissions, differentiating the official and unofficial/fake versions of this release, on Discogs- I know I\'ve already spoke to you via PM on that portal, Hexachord-, I was able to escape that deal

[To be accurate, the seller backed out of the deal when I cited knowledge of the two different varietals of the release and asked him, politely mind, to prove his was official, claiming that original auction winner had suddenly resurfaced and paid for item; still waiting for response from Ebay as to whether they\'ll look into that transaction and investigate whether a) item was counterfiet b) seller did, in fact, sell item to original winner and c) whether I will get the opportunity to leave negative feedback for my \'transaction\'- had accepted 2nd chance offer, just hadn\'t paid (due to my concerns over item authenticity) before seller requested transaction cancellation. Did, in fact, originally leave negative feedback for seller but they must of complained as it was removed after a few days!].

I\'m over my loss of this extremely rare item (I thought I\'d gotten when bidding-before discovery of Hexachord\'s submissions on release/s on Discogs) now, however :P. Given just how scarce this CD actually is/how few were reportedly printed, I\'m content to just aquire a .FLAC rip of the album (sourced from an official copy of the record)...any kind bucketbots willing to provide me with that? Just putting a search in on google for Giant Robot- NTT brings up plenty of torrent or otherwise download options for this album, however, I would like to be sure I\'m getting a lossless rip from the official album release (and not the fake edition). I\'m prepared to offer (lossless) rips of any of my buckethead and/or music collection in exchange, or, alternatively, pay a nominal fee for it and/or contribute to this site a small figure or whatever...

Cheers,

Steve