New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Travis What Are Favorite Movies

Started by DragonSon, January 31, 2006, 11:08:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonSon

and bucketbots what are your favorite movies?

keagan2387

thats a hard question but two that i just saw like a week or two ago was the devils rejects and the 40 year old virgin and those were two excelent movies even though they are sooo diffrent I would recomend both if you havent seen them even though I bet most of you have seen the devils rejects knowing that choptop is in it.

d6

blade runner - all time fav.
the big blue
alien I

and about hundred other movies that I really like.
official hippie hell survivor

DragonSon

i loves me movies i\'ve got about 250 on Vhs DVD
Fist of Fury
36 Crazy Fists
Kung Fu Zombie
Fist of Golden Monkey
Snake Fist Fighter
Raiders of Death
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
Blood Sucking Freaks
Link
Better off Dead
Once Bitten
Legend
Salem\'s lot
Back To The Future1,2,3
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1,2,3,
Predator
The Burning Season
and many more but i\'m tired of writing.

Geranyl

Is there something wrong with me? I dont\' have any favourite movies. I only have favourite books. I\'ve walked out of movie theatres with no recollection of what I just saw.  :-/

dirtface

February 02, 2006, 12:35:43 am #5 Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 12:36:37 am by dirtface
Quoteblade runner - all time fav.

I remember watching that movie about 10 times in a weekend when I got my first Betamax player. The part where Roy Batty "aka Rutger Hower" says "Quite an experience to live in fear, isn\'t it? That\'s what it is to be a slave." will stick with me for all my days. So yep, I agree. Blade Runner is right up there with me too.

gkg

February 02, 2006, 01:13:45 am #6 Last Edit: February 02, 2006, 01:14:40 am by gkg
no, Geranyl, there\'s nothing wrong with you - i think you just aren\'t seeing movies that aren\'t engaging you, for some reason.

Liquid Sky
Blue Sky
October Sky (ok - i just realized that "sky" thing... weird)
Indian Runner
It\'s a Wonderful Life (always makes me cry, even though it\'s not exactly my style of movie it really strikes a chord in me somewhere)
The Wizard of Oz
The Man Who Fell to Earth
Blue Velvet
and while i prefer to read Dostoevsky, i did enjoy The Brothers Karamazov

i think oddly my favorite movie if i had to pick one at this place in time, and i do highly recommend it, is Klaus Maria Brandauer in "Mephisto"
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

d6

geranyl , I wouldn´t worry , too. maybe you just dont want your imagination limited thru a movie; reading a book and painting your own pictures. :)

dirtface, glad you feel the same about this movie. thats why I listed these 3. to me they´re all about the urge to survive and life itself .

remember when roy dies on the roof.."all will vanish, like tears in the rain"
or  gaff ´s words : " too bad she won´t live. but then again - who does?"

( I could continue quoting.....maybe we should start a topic with favourite quotes ? )

gkg, the man who fell to earth   &  indian runner -  yes, me too.

for mephisto - gustaf gründgens heirs didnt like  klaus mann´s novel  that much, it was banned in germany from 1966 to 1981.
I totally second your recommendation.! a great book and a great movie.
 there is another great film based on a novel.  joseph roth´s " die legende vom heiligen trinker " (the legend of the holy drinker)
it´s an italian/french production from 1988, so I dont know if it made its way to america.
rutger hauer ( :) ) plays the leading part. and he is great.

wow, this is by far the longest post I ever made on this board. now back to work,
d6
over & out

d6

omg, how could I forget!

"this is spinal tap"  ;D ;D ;D
and
"my favourite year"

did the fav. quotes thread on general discussion, go look!  :)

gkg

d6:
Quotejoseph roth´s " die legende vom heiligen trinker " (the legend of the holy drinker)
it´s an italian/french production from 1988, so I dont know if it made its way to america.
rutger hauer (  ) plays the leading part.

ah - something new to look for!  i had heard mention of the book once from a friend in Amsterdam, but somehow lost the scrap of paper with the title - you should see my studio, you\'d understand - now i have it electronically and will begin my search for both book and movie - thank you!!!
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

Quoteremember when roy dies on the roof.."all will vanish, like tears in the rain"
Yeh, that was when he was talking about all the wonder he had witnessed right?
or  gaff ´s words : " too bad she won´t live. but then again - who does?"
This one is vague on me. Is this in the begining when Ford is doing the interregation?
Quote( I could continue quoting.....maybe we should start a topic with favourite quotes ? )
Now I will have to go and rent the movie again. Must be  10 years since I saw it last.
Quotethere is another great film based on a novel.  joseph roth´s " die legende vom heiligen trinker " (the legend of the holy drinker)
rutger hauer ( :) ) plays the leading part. and he is great.
Rutger. What a great actor indeed.

Jason Anderson

Favorite movies are movies that some people like the very best.

Change

dirtface

QuoteFavorite movies are movies that some people like the very best.

True, true.

D

Kung Pow - Enter the fist
Thumbtanic
Batthumb
Frankenthumb
the Godthumb
the blair thumb
Help!
Blazing Saddles
Spaceballs
the Royal tannenbaums
fear and loathing in las vegas -(i like the book better)
The Devils Rejects
and lots more.. i like movies!!
Consideration and Intelligence have followed the passenger pigeon

That tiny net was sure-fire master!
Master: Yes, a tiny net is a death sentence, it's a net and it's tiny!