New
Site design:

A lot of new content added.

Check the home page.

New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

My 10 second descriptions of the albums.

Started by slunkatron, November 02, 2007, 11:01:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

slunkatron

CS:  Volume 14 of ISOT with the note that it is probably the best of the bunch.  Crazy, trippy Acoustic Shards acid trip type track 2 and track 4 is a beautiful mellow wedge.

KNH:  Sounds like Electric Tears, Bermuda Triangle, and ISOT rolled into one crazy, mellowish spring roll of musical delight.

DTBB:  Right in line with EMAC and CSS.  If that is what you are looking for, what are you still reading this for?  Order it now!  

I hope that helps people decide which albums are for them.

;D

GirTheRobot

Sounds like Kevin\'s Noodle House is my kind of thing.

Can you also tell me which are your favorites? Thanks man.

Slunker

Nice! Sounds like I\'ll be lovin\' all of them, but I\'d be willing to bet that I\'ll like "Decoding..." the best. I love everything Buckethead, but I\'m partial to the crisp sound of EMAC and CSS, and if this one is anything like that I\'ll be one happy camper.

eazycomez

that\'s great news. I\'ve been waiting for some mellow buckethead stuff for ages

Langmanz

QuoteDTBB:  Right in line with EMAC and CSS.  If that is what you are looking for, what are you still reading this for?

Cuz i m waiting for my copy to arrive in the mail ofcourse!!!!

:)
You Are What You IS, You Ain't What You Not!

Langmanz

YES, i got it DTTOB in the mail today!
AND IT ROX!

Thank you Buckethead!

:)
You Are What You IS, You Ain't What You Not!

slunkatron

Just wanted to update and say that DTBB is really probably more like PG in that it is sort of stream-lined and has a very coherent feel to the whole album.  Definitely it is the one to get for heavy head-banging riffing.  Oh, and KNH gets etter every time I listen to it.  Just some really cool and interesting tracks on that one.

keagan2387

I got my cd\'s today! I may have to order slunks soon.

Jordanatron

Decoding is like EMAC, CCS, PG, another EPIC solo release,I havn\'t givin the others there time yet. ;D
Be true to yourself you can't go wrong.
Mr Bocbacoc
ISOT-206 BP-17 DCK-228

YellowFelix

Track 4 on CS is just beautiful.  If there is a heaven, this is what it sounds like.
My head is my only house unless it rains. - Don Van Vliet

Chris DiCicco

Hey U Bots My CS skips on track 4 does anyone else\'s?

first at 4:03 then really good at 6:00... er there abouts.

It could also be due to the fact that I still have an old Sony CFD-50 Boombox and the laser is worn out?

it from the early 90\'s? I thunk...

I\'m not complaining and its kinda artsy but......................

Chris DiCicco

The Exosphere  2013

superslidetail

YellowFelix

My head is my only house unless it rains. - Don Van Vliet

MRB

You guys are right on when comparing Tomb of Bansheebot to the other latest releases, like EMAC, CSS and PG. VERY COOL record!! Thank you again, Mr Buckethead.

Streamlined and flow are words I\'ve seen that totally make sense. With these record it seems that BH has really found his new sound. I know that\'s sounds kinda lame, cuz he\'s always had a sound. But before it was almost like more formula and schtick, than sound. Am I making sense?

These latest offerings are such great guitar instrumental albums. I love how they cover so many areas, and dip and dive around. From the speedy rhythms to the beautiful, "Population Override" type of vibe, I just dig how he\'s been piecing these things together.

"Disecto" is trippy, "I can only carry 50 chickens at a time" flat out rips and has a very distinctive sound. "Stretching Lighthouse" is a beaut, too.

And as always, great song names, a la Buckethead. "Checkerboard Incision" is my fav for that.

I haven\'t listened to Cybord yet and I\'ve only briefly listened to Kevin\'s Noodles. It\'ll be hard to get me out of the tomb, I know that much.

Thx again Big B!

zintar

The Van Halen quote early in on track 1 on Cyborg Slunks had me cracking up ! ?!  !  ::)
 Track 4 is beautiful.
DTTOB is super tight. Bucket and Monti, awsome as always  8)
Much to digest here.......