New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

caress is nearly finished...

Started by gkg, February 17, 2006, 12:56:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gkg

here are detail shots... i just started on the face so no, it\'s not going to have a black eye effect forever.  :)

Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

dirtface

Nice use of lighting. I like what I see so far.

gkg

thank you!  i just have to sort out how i want to do the hair and get the face finished and then do a couple glazes - the light is something i am working hard to keep consistent so your remark really makes me feel good about that!

:-*
Peace.

image = <i>"Blue Velvet"</i> (front of 2-sided piece) (c) georgia k griffin - all rights reserved

oldfolkie

Oh my goodness! :o That\'s lovely, gkg. I\'m really looking forward to seeing the final version.
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity. ~  R.A. Heinlein

gkg

thank you!  unfortunately several things are conspiring to keep me out of the studio for several weeks - but fear not i will post when the piece is completed.

thanks again!!  :D    :-*
Peace.

Aquabot

I agree with oldfolkie, that seems to be very good, I want to see the end result, please.

gkg

thanks!  with one thing and another it will be mid-April before i get to work on it again... but i will post it when done.
Peace.

me-d6

beautiful painting!  I hope you´re back in your studio soon.  :) :) :)

gkg

thanks!  me too.

i have to finish this one, plus i have a few commissioned paintings to work get moving on and a sculpture for a competion and one for a fundraiser... all squeezed into the hours i don\'t have to be in corporate hell.  this working for a living is messing with my real life!!   ;)
Peace.

Aquabot

So, when will we see it finished ? I\'m impatient, I know. :)

gkg

hehehe - you and me both, babe!  yeah - i set it aside because i have two dolls i have been commissioned to do for a nursery and i have to ship them in a short while so i need to get cracking on those - i should be working on finishing Caress, i totally agree!  sadly, these folks paid months ago, so i need to get them the paintings before the baby\'s born!

i will probably do the last finishing touches on Caress in a month - if i don\'t post it by the 4th of July, call me on it!!  

Peace.

Aquabot

Quote- if i don\'t post it by the 4th of July, call me on it!!  

No problem, I\'ll do it. :)

buswolley

So post pics of the dolls as well!!

Are they real dolls or paintings of dolls?  Or perhaps they are pictures of dolls painting... ;D

By the way July 4th is only 23 days away -- NO PREASURE, I\'m just saying.

gkg

ah, i\'ll post them all, as soon as they\'re actually done... thanks for not putting me under any pressure...  :o
Peace.

buswolley

I hope you know I\'m just joking with you -- I can wait until the 5th!  ;)