New!
Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

Ridiculously Excited

Started by hexitt, April 09, 2004, 01:48:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hexitt

to see Buckethead tonight at Irving Plaza in NYC...

I\'ll let you guys know what the show was like.

Hex

Caligula13

tape it on video. i want to see it ::)

Musashi

Saw him here in Minneapolis last week.

1.  My first show.  Unbelievable.  As a fellow guitar player, that was really something to hear and see.

2.  No offense to anyone, but I didn\'t have to sit through a hippie band to hear him.

Have a BLAST!

hexitt

April 11, 2004, 05:03:59 pm #3 Last Edit: April 11, 2004, 05:07:44 pm by hexitt
Hey!

I went to the show and it was a blast.  Buckethead can shred in a major kind of way.  Well, as for Particle, I stayed for two songs and left so I\'m not sure if he did a jam with them or not.  I wasn\'t willing to sit through their whole set.  Their music doesn\'t do too much for me, but they sounded tight anyway.  Buckethead needs his own tour, headlining, for sure.  I\'m sure he will.  Everyone in line was waiting to see Buckethead!!!  Anyway, he did all kinds of antics like chickens, nunchucks, toys, heads, etc.  The coolest thing, besides his actual playing was the way he moved when he played.  It was so cool, like a ROBOT!  And yes, he\'s thin as can be and stands about 8\' tall, including bucket, that is.  hahahahaha  He\'s amazing.

So here\'s a link to some of the pics from last night\'s show.  I have to apologize for the quality though because I got a few feet from the stage and caught a few people\'s heads.  Yeah and someone needs to buy me a nice digital cam because I had to resort to a shitty disposable, but hey, they\'re better than nothing.  I also bought the hatchet Buckethead t-shirt, and Population Override and the Cornbugs CD\'s.  They\'re all awesome and I\'ll post comments about them in a different topic.  Here\'s the link for the pictures from last night\'s show: http://www.geocities.com/[email]hexitt@sbcglobal.net[/email]/hereticalmusic.html

Musashi

You have to admit it\'s pretty cool to be able to see Buckethead for $14 though.  :)

deconstruct

April 12, 2004, 02:41:17 pm #5 Last Edit: April 12, 2004, 02:43:05 pm by deconstruct
Hi, I was at the New York show, also. If anyone\'s interested, here are some photos I took. The night was beyond my imagination.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/40316/index.html

PS hexitt, Bucket did come back out to jam with Particle. I liked Particle, I thought they were good, though I didn\'t stay through the second set. I left after Bucket finished with them.

hexitt

thanks for the extra pics,  man.  my crappy (free) geocities page only loads half the pictures I posted so I have to redo it tonight.  Plus, apparently my index.htm file was named incorrectly so the link is now:       http://www.geocities.com/[email]hexitt@sbcglobal.net[/email]

I\'m sorry I missed his jam with Particle.  They\'re pretty cool, but I\'m totally into Bucket.  And now that I\'ve listened to POPULATION OVERRIDE, I\'m thoroughly convinced that our friend Travis can \'ef it up nice with the keys.  They both sound phenomenal on the override disc.