Thanatopsis "Requiem" Available now.

Studio Videos

Live in studio performances

EYE - earn your ears

Started by bornalive, February 23, 2007, 11:44:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bornalive

Hi everyone,

As some old bots here may remember me, I\'m a French musician, and I\'ve just released my first album.

Like many of you, Buckethead opened the gates of experimental music to me, and made me discover Bill Laswell, John Zorn, Haino Keiji, Otomo Yoshihide, Russell Mills, Mick Harris...

Here is the link to the website where you can hear streaming clips or sownload other things...
www.earnyourears.com

Have a nice week end,

Julien

Chris DiCicco

February 24, 2007, 03:36:25 am #1 Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 09:47:14 am by Chris
Julien bornalive,

I love the website, I\'m into experimental music myself, I bookmarked your website and will come back to it, later tonight.

I to hope to have a website later this year, I will be modeling ones I like to my webmaster.

I have been doing MIDI modification and Orchestral work and a new musical concept I like to call Acoustic Techno.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

bornalive

Thanks for your reply and interest Chris.

I forgot to recommend to all bucketbots to download my free EP "COMPROVISE(d) I - alternate versions".
http://www.earnyourears.com/eye/index.php5?page=listen

Buckethead\'s influence can be very well heard, especially on the track 5.

Enjoy !

Julien

Chris DiCicco

QuoteThanks for your reply and interest Chris.

I forgot to recommend to all bucketbots to download my free EP "COMPROVISE(d) I - alternate versions".
http://www.earnyourears.com/eye/index.php5?page=listen

Buckethead\'s influence can be very well heard, especially on the track 5.

Julien

from what I heard (dial up) WOW! I really like Experimental Music that turns corners not a lot of Pop music does this anymore, the Grateful Dead, Squarpusher, Buckethead and a new band I\'m getting into called the Ozric Tentacles do it, also Jazz does it.

now enough about them, lets talk about rhythmic patterns are You influenced by Asian composers, (uh dumb question).

try classical? Toru Takemitsu, does a song \'from Me flows what You call time\' this and Alan Hovhaness \' Mysterious Mountain or try the Avant Gard try Francis Dhomont \' Frankenstein Symphony.

I recently got into a big argument with a minimalistic coffee house musician about the length of CD\'s, vary bad on my part, got vary ugly, but his stuff was likened to Bob Dylan only there was no Drums or Bass just guitar, guitar and Mandolin, Vocals.

o.k. thats it from this post\'re

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

tangdog

from what I heard (dial up) WOW! I really like Experimental Music that turns corners not a lot of Pop music does this anymore, the Grateful Dead, Squarpusher, Buckethead and a new band I\'m getting into called the Ozric Tentacles do it, also Jazz does it.

now enough about them, lets talk about rhythmic patterns are You influenced by Asian composers, (uh dumb question).

try classical? Toru Takemitsu, does a song \'from Me flows what You call time\' this and Alan Hovhaness \' Mysterious Mountain or try the Avant Gard try Francis Dhomont \' Frankenstein Symphony.

I recently got into a big argument with a minimalistic coffee house musician about the length of CD\'s, vary bad on my part, got vary ugly, but his stuff was likened to Bob Dylan only there was no Drums or Bass just guitar, guitar and Mandolin, Vocals.

o.k. thats it from this post\'re

Chris DiCicco

I am a huge fan of Ozric Tentacles. I was wondering if any other Buckethead fans also like OT. All of their material is incredible and if you ever get the chance to see them live, you should!  

Chris DiCicco

I am a huge fan of Ozric Tentacles. I was wondering if any other Buckethead fans also like OT. All of their material is incredible and if you ever get the chance to see them live, you should!  

Live only on CD sadly they don\'t tour the states regular-ly , I have herd bad things about the unavailable  import Pongmasters Ball, but I have been putting off going to the BA for a while now.... but hey opps were here to talk about earn your ears, tangdog have you downloaded this yet?

Track 5 is still snailing it along on my computer, I also like the feedback tracks, I tried my hardest to go thru each an every album to take out the hiss n humm, but why? make a song about it, Lou Reed did a whole album called Metal Machine Music and is going to release a LIVE version of it from a stint he did in Germany.

I am waiting for that and his Hudson River Meditations CD.

oh and BA means the Bay Area its in my farthest part of my backyard.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013

tangdog

Live only on CD sadly they don\'t tour the states regular-ly , I have herd bad things about the unavailable  import Pongmasters Ball, but I have been putting off going to the BA for a while now.... but hey opps were here to talk about earn your ears, tangdog have you downloaded this yet?

Track 5 is still snailing it along on my computer, I also like the feedback tracks, I tried my hardest to go thru each an every album to take out the hiss n humm, but why? make a song about it, Lou Reed did a whole album called Metal Machine Music and is going to release a LIVE version of it from a stint he did in Germany.

I am waiting for that and his Hudson River Meditations CD.

oh and BA means the Bay Area its in my farthest part of my backyard.

Chris DiCicco

Yes, I am checking out the Earn Your Ears right now.  

Not to trying to hijack the thread so I think I will start an Ozrics thread here shortly.

bornalive

March 02, 2007, 09:30:01 pm #7 Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 09:30:34 pm by bornalive
Thanks Chris for checking my music, I appreciate your efforts a lot (dial-up - we tried to make the site light, but the audio files are still... hmmm... audio files).

Yes, Asian (not only Japanese) musicians/cultures are having an effect on my music and my life.
And yes about classical, I have spent my childhood listening to classical music exclusively with my family.

I don\'t know Ozric Tentacles well. I\'m sure I\'ll check them again someday.

Best.

Julien

Chris DiCicco

when I had music in my childhood I listened to Raffi, John Denver and Micheal Jackson.

You may or may not like Ozric Tentacles they have psychedelic Dub and Electronic influences in they\'re music, I happened along the Greatest Hits CD Eternal Wheel and highly recommend it.

I also don\'t know if You\'ve seen the piano playing cat but it was on the American news report one night a few weeks ago, it played some chords bent its head down to listen to the chords and then played some more, it was pretty awesome.

Chris DiCicco
The Exosphere  2013